[Community Project] 20 Monsters Challenge [RELEASED!]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zero X. Diamond

Re: 20 Monsters Challenge

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Started my entry last night, so count me in. With something this limited, I can't possibly not finish!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

GZDoom submissions are still welcome. I will update OP with this info.

So, folks, I need you to provide the following information when posting a finished map.

Name:
MIDI:
Replaces:
Format:
Extra notes:

Finished and sent maps also need to provide that info!
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

Well, it didn't take me too long to complete my map, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwgbqp3sn3wc9 ... p.wad?dl=0

Name: Awesome Map
MIDI: no
Replaces: Doom II Map01
Format: Boom
Extra notes: this map is great

Try, play and comment please. Tell me if you like it, or if you've found any bugs.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

3D floors allowed, or...?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Any mapping techniques are allowed. The only limits are how many enemies you can have and which ones. That's all. If it's not in the rules in the OP then it's allowed
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Updated OP with a Submission Form. Read it.
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

Did you complete my map
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Not yet, at university atm. I will in a few hrs.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

This is literally The worst map I've ever played. It's a square room with chaingunners. I'm now wondering if lil'devil should be disqualified or not. The worst thing is that technically he didn't break the rules, it's just a really, really bad map. Guess I can't disqualify anyone for that. Ztktx's maps look like Sunlust compared to this one.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

I downloaded ZDoom just to check it out at work and I have to say that there's absolutely no way that this was an actual attempt. If it was, then sorry, but you are truly the worst.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

He was trolling. And that's some really low quality trolling, unfortunately.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Y'know, If everybody who signed up for this actually submit their maps, we could get a "small" "megawad" out of it. No linearity needed, just pack it with "20 monsters" name, and call it a day.

I'm worse than zt.. (don't know his name) because i can't do a simple door. So i am not doing it. But i like to see the community workin on it.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Would need to convert formats. Some maps are in Hexen, some are in UDMF and some are even in Boom. It's beyond the scope here, but it's nevertheless a good idea.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Lud wrote:Would need to convert formats. Some maps are in Hexen, some are in UDMF and some are even in Boom. It's beyond the scope here, but it's nevertheless a good idea.
What format do you really prefer?
Im very known to the ZDoom/Zandronum/GZDoom in hexen format...
I recently - i think 2 weeks ago - started to explore the UDMF format... so just tell me.. what format do you prefer?

Second question, is this meant to be a map pack or is this 'project' just for fun? So that i know what mapname i can take.. map01? map02? map03?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It's just for fun. It's basically a place where people can chip in with maps which will then be rated by the users. The only role I have in this is keeping the thread organized. Guess I'll have to reclarify the formats in the OP, but to answer your first question, ZDoom/GZDoom is good. As long as it runs on (G)ZDoom, it's fine. Boom maps are also accepted. This project is too chaotic on the rules to turn into anything great and I haven't really planned it out well. Perhaps the next challenge I hold will be better.

Return to “Levels”