D4DHF v0.3 - "Cloak and Dagger" [Add-On]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: D4D_HF - High Frequency [Add-On]

Post by Valherran »

Gonna try this out when it comes. I've beaten D4D on all difficulties, and even trashed sunder.wad, so hopefully this will provide more challenge. heh
Exeor

Re: D4D_HF - High Frequency [Add-On]

Post by Exeor »

Ah, I love when Doom 3 stuff meets DOOM 2016, Really waiting for the release! :D

I wonder if anyone will make the Maggot fully coded with sprites someday, it feels weird seeing Imps and Wraiths but not Maggots.

Anyway take your time with the upload!
VICE

Re: D4D_HF - High Frequency v01 [Add-On]

Post by VICE »

Version 0.1 is up. I snuck in another upgrade, check the last screenshot. :)
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Megaherz wrote:Image
Agony Elemental
Main Species: Pain Elemental
- Boss type. Expect to run into these sometimes instead of cyberdemons or spider masterminds.
- This behemoth shoots fireballs, but it can also create pain elementals and lost souls.
- Glad I could give you a new use for that BFG, bro.
- Goes out in a literal ring of fireballs. Don't stand too close when you kill this guy.
Wait, why there is a DoomRLA Monster (The Agony Elemental) doing here in your addon, you better credit Onslaught Six and Jaws45, the guys who made the agony elemental
VICE

Post by VICE »

Done. I knew I forgot something.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Here's a list of things I may consider porting into D4D personally. Maybe. At least, for certain, if I do decide porting some things in officially, it'd be the following:
  • Voxel glows
  • Doom Doll icons
  • Nightmare Grenades
  • Trippin' Fatcubus skins (Acid Asshole! :P)
  • (Maybe) The new pistol lance
The rest of them I feel are right at home here as an addon. 8-)

Oh, one more thing. Megaherz, as you may or may not have noticed from the announcements here in the ZDoom forums, the day will come when ZScript arrives... Eventually. And D4D is already converted to using ZScript itself. But you can expect the next release, if it's not a bug fix, to be completely zscript. There's not a shred of Decorate left 'xept for the global damagetypes.

That means in order for your addon to work whenever it does come out, your mod will also need to port over due to all the changes.

Don't worry. It won't be for a good long while though. We're all exhausted still from working our asses off. (This also means the HoE starter pack is being FURTHER delayed as I'm helping ZScript along with the testing. Sorry. :() And I'm just investing a ton of time playing Shadow Warrior 2, trading off in between every half a day. :P

So, this is just a little heads up. Still, I appreciate the contribution of an addon! :mrgreen:
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Whoa, this is pretty cool! I loved the upgrade mechanics.

Coincidentally, the version I'm cooking here have 1 thing in common with yours (better not spoil it yet), but they will act totally different anyway, even because yours is pretty much cooler!
:wub:
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Bug report: You can't chainsaw alt-fire the new Mancubi.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Major Cooke wrote: Oh, one more thing. Megaherz, as you may or may not have noticed from the announcements here in the ZDoom forums, the day will come when ZScript arrives... Eventually. And D4D is already converted to using ZScript itself. But you can expect the next release, if it's not a bug fix, to be completely zscript. There's not a shred of Decorate left 'xept for the global damagetypes.

That means in order for your addon to work whenever it does come out, your mod will also need to port over due to all the changes.
I guess I'll start looking into that when the new version comes out. I understand ZScript isn't dramatically different so I have the impression that porting stuff over won't be too hard. Most of this addon is done by redefining and splicing code anyway, I can just splice it again as I learn to use ZScript.
Phobos867 wrote:Whoa, this is pretty cool! I loved the upgrade mechanics.

Coincidentally, the version I'm cooking here have 1 thing in common with yours (better not spoil it yet), but they will act totally different anyway, even because yours is pretty much cooler!
:wub:
Now I'm curious. :o
Btw, I plan on using an edited version of your gore nest sprites. I'm working on making the player activate it with an animation like a glory kill.
Someone64 wrote:Bug report: You can't chainsaw alt-fire the new Mancubi.
I can't confirm this on either the new poison type or the new ballistic guy.
You need 4 fuel units to do this - are you sure you had enough when you tried?
mutator

Post by mutator »

I got full upgrades that require tokens but now I have 12 tokens that I cant do nothing with :D
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Don't worry about that, original DOOM4 does the same thing. I finished it 100% and I had about ten or so unspent tokens after getting the IDKFA achievement.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Tapwave wrote:Don't worry about that, original DOOM4 does the same thing. I finished it 100% and I had about ten or so unspent tokens after getting the IDKFA achievement.
yeah but it could be good idea to make those tokens used like adding new upgrade that is 1% more ammo capacity for each token you use
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

mutator wrote:
Tapwave wrote:Don't worry about that, original DOOM4 does the same thing. I finished it 100% and I had about ten or so unspent tokens after getting the IDKFA achievement.
yeah but it could be good idea to make those tokens used like adding new upgrade that is 1% more ammo capacity for each token you use
That'd be nice, I would be upping my ammo capacity for shells first and foremost (can never hold enough).
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, an ammo cap upgrade to go alongside the armor/health ones would be a nice addition.
VICE

Post by VICE »

Here's a preview of gore nests coming up in the next version. :)

Gore nest accompanied by a random number of "unwilling" worshipers (Based on Horror Movie Guy's Zombie Fodder and converted with D4D features).
Spoiler:
And looks like that skull key is stuck in there...
Spoiler:
Oh well, nothing a little elbow grease can't fix...
Spoiler:
Oh shit oh shit oh shit...
Spoiler:

That's not how all gore nests will work, some of them will be empty. Sometimes however, a skull key might spawn into the level with a nest around it, and when that heppens you'll have to pry the key out to proceed.

Here's the changelog so far:

Code: Select all

// =======================================
# v???
// ======================================= 
@ Option: New monster spawns were made optional. You can now toggle monster type between "Original Doom", "D4D" or "D4DHF".
@ Feature: Gore Nests Introduced.
@ Monster: Unwilling added
@ Menu: Re-ordered the menu a little. Preator weapon upgrades are listed separately from regular upgrades, and suit abilities have their own category.
@ Visual: Made a new HUD animation for interacting with Elite Guards
@ Visual: Nightvision fadein/out reworked a little to look nicer and at the same time be a little disorienting
@ Visual: Added HUD indicators for berserk and nighvision
@ Upgrade: Grenadier upgrade added as a new ability
@ Upgrade: Attachment Speedloader upgrade added for the combat shotgun
@ Bugfix: Fixed the simultaneous interaction issue with Elite Guards
@ Bugfix: Updated all HF upgrades for save and death exit protection like native D4D upgrades.
Last edited by VICE on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”