Zion V08 WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mutator

Re: Zion V07 (DOOM 4 in DooM 2) WIP

Post by mutator »

this mod is going to take a while so we all should be patient... this mod is alot harder to create than d4d since sprites aren't ready to use
TheCamaleonMaligno

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

fideo
Spoiler:
TheCamaleonMaligno

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Goddammit, i love it!
SAHZALPABAEL

Post by SAHZALPABAEL »

mutator wrote:this mod is going to take a while so we all should be patient... this mod is alot harder to create than d4d since sprites aren't ready to use
Aren't ready to use and we did like 3000 (including the unreleased guns) so it took awhile is all :P
RectalRacer

Post by RectalRacer »

Hoping for options to enable / disable the extra weapons. I prefer to keep my weapons to campaign one aside from a specific few.

Will there be an option for this? It's nice to keep weapons from becoming cluttered and such.
Really enjoying the new update by the way, just binged through 2 megawads with it.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Shoot, I didn't realize I hit the Edit button instead of the quote button... so my previous comment was practically deleted. Oh well...

Anyway, I love where this mod is going. It's most entertaining.

I think you guys should contact Terg500 about higher-res sprites. He said something about using a different compression method which would produce less pixely sprites. Not to mention, he was able to rip the sprites in neutral lighting... :D
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JoexxZombie

Post by JoexxZombie »

I really like this mod......been playing v7 and now this.......the only thing I'd like added if possible would be a toggle for the secondary fires.......it was like that on the older renditions.....unless I'm missing something, but other than that little nitpick I love this mod......great work
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

This looks definitely much more polished compared to the previous versions I've played. It's almost like a rival to D4D. Will you be adding the following things in later versions?
  • Doom 4-styled enemies such as the Hell Razer and Summoner
  • Multiplayer weapons such as the Burst Rifle or Vortex Rifle
  • Other equipment such as Holograms or Tesla Rockets
  • Glory kills
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Wanted to report a bug... if I'm playing on "I'm Too Young To Die" difficulty and I have 50 or more health, I cannot pick up Medikits and Stimpacks. If I have 50 or more armor, I cannot pick up any armor, including armor bonuses.

This is what was causing the issue...

You guys have the Health and Armor interacting with certain actors called "HealthDummy" and "ArmorDummy", which are supposed to restrict the amount of health/armor you get from sgtandard health/armor pickups, since they all inherit from Health/Armor bonuses. HOWEVER, since HealthDummy and ArmorDummy each inherit from Ammo, they will inherently be affected by skill levels... so skills such as "I'm Too Young To Die!" and "Nightmare!", which grant double ammo pickups, will make you fill up on HealthDummy and ArmorDummy twice as quick, while you aren't getting double health/armor... so you'll get only 50% health and armor.

To fix this, add the IGNORESKILL flag to the actor definitions of HealthDummy and ArmorDummy. This way, it won't be affected by skill level.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Jeimuzu73 wrote:This looks definitely much more polished compared to the previous versions I've played. It's almost like a rival to D4D. Will you be adding the following things in later versions?
  • Doom 4-styled enemies such as the Hell Razer and Summoner
  • Multiplayer weapons such as the Burst Rifle or Vortex Rifle
  • Other equipment such as Holograms or Tesla Rockets
  • Glory kills
Of course
DoomKrakken wrote:Wanted to report a bug... if I'm playing on "I'm Too Young To Die" difficulty and I have 50 or more health, I cannot pick up Medikits and Stimpacks. If I have 50 or more armor, I cannot pick up any armor, including armor bonuses.

This is what was causing the issue...

You guys have the Health and Armor interacting with certain actors called "HealthDummy" and "ArmorDummy", which are supposed to restrict the amount of health/armor you get from sgtandard health/armor pickups, since they all inherit from Health/Armor bonuses. HOWEVER, since HealthDummy and ArmorDummy each inherit from Ammo, they will inherently be affected by skill levels... so skills such as "I'm Too Young To Die!" and "Nightmare!", which grant double ammo pickups, will make you fill up on HealthDummy and ArmorDummy twice as quick, while you aren't getting double health/armor... so you'll get only 50% health and armor.

To fix this, add the IGNORESKILL flag to the actor definitions of HealthDummy and ArmorDummy. This way, it won't be affected by skill level.
Didn't noticed that, thanks!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

No problem!

You might also want to add that flag to the "PissCharge" actor as well, since it causes the pistol to charge up twice as fast... making it fairly OP in those double ammo difficulty settings...
TheCrimsonFucker

Post by TheCrimsonFucker »

Okay, we waited for the weapon. And we got them! Weapons are made really cool, really like SAHZALPABAEL said - it's like true 3D models, but in fact this is thousands of sprites. The new interface is very cool. The only pity is that the armor system and upgrade system are not taken from D4D. But how long we must wait for the first news or video about monsters?
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Nah, nothing here needs to be exactly the same as in D4D. Getting upgrades through random pickups is a perfectly sensible way for implementing them. D4D's method is not that faithful to the base game's either, but I do not mind it (credit system is simpler and easier to implement than the 'map clearing award' method of the Doom 4). In Zion, you can get them faster, or slower - it is random. Both methods work for me.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

TheCrimsonFucker wrote:Okay, we waited for the weapon. And we got them! Weapons are made really cool, really like SAHZALPABAEL said - it's like true 3D models, but in fact this is thousands of sprites. The new interface is very cool. The only pity is that the armor system and upgrade system are not taken from D4D. But how long we must wait for the first news or video about monsters?
Remember, this is still in its alpha stage, and it's only 1/3 completed. And the upgrade system in D4D doesn't exactly faithfully recreate DOOM's upgrade system, since they use credits instead of Weapon Upgrade Points and Praetor Suit Tokens. These guys are trying to make things a little more faithful to DOOM.

Patience is a virtue. You should attempt to utilize it. When it happens, it happens. That's all you need to know for now. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”