QZDoom - ZDoom with True-Color (Version 1.3.0 released!)

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dpJudas

Re: QZDoom - ZDoom with True-Color (Version 1.0 released!)

Post by dpJudas »

Talon1024 wrote:BTW, dpJudas' SSAO builds had a setting for dynamic light quality. Is this setting somewhere in QZDoom?
No, that was removed when the dynamic light handling code was merged into GZDoom. What you have in GZDoom (and QZDoom) right now is effectively the "medium" light quality setting (no specular highlights), although this subject is a little complicated due to needs for backwards compatibility with mods.

There a thread in the GZDoom forum talking about the current status of the dynamic point lights and what Graf's plans are in this area.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Starting to notice sprite edge garbage pixels in SUAB with QZDoom, though it's present for other mods. It's pretty much the same error as with build engine sprites, but instead of the garbage pixels sitting on the top of the sprites, it's the sides:
Spoiler:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Would you mind reposting this in here? That definitely needs review - and don't worry, you don't have to create an account.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Sure, hopefully it helps. This is quickly becoming my favorite port.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thank you! :)
Amujing

Post by Amujing »

Dear Devs.

I'm using QZDoom-q1.1pre-13-gde2122e-x32.7z and even the 1.0 version too. I cannot run pass the selection after the difficulty and cannot run anything. Alway crashing.
Config is defaut for everything. first run.
Here is the report: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74411356/report.7z

Contain log files with doom2 and freedoom2 iwad, and a img for ..
Eruanna wrote:
What is your CPU model? Please invoke Win+R -> "devmgmt.msc" in Windows, expand "Processors", right click on any of your processor cores and select "Properties", look for "Friendly Name" in the drop-down box, right-click on the value and "Copy" it - and then paste that exact string here.
at : http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php? ... 259#p61607
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Hmm, that's certainly interesting. From your log file:

Code: Select all

LLVM target triple: x86_64-pc-windows-msvc
LLVM target CPU: sandybridge

**** DIED WITH FATAL ERROR:
Illegal instruction: DrawWall1
Anyone else here got a sandybridge CPU? :)
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Actually, googling sandy bridge reveals that it has AVX, while the data sheet for your CPU only got SSE 4.1. Seems LLVM misidentified your CPU and generated AVX instructions that it doesn't understand. :/
Amujing

Post by Amujing »

dpJudas wrote:Actually, googling sandy bridge reveals that it has AVX, while the data sheet for your CPU only got SSE 4.1. Seems LLVM misidentified your CPU and generated AVX instructions that it doesn't understand. :/
Maybe. I dont know man. I running zdoom and gzdoom just fine. I think this is the QzDoom bug or somethings :? :?:
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Sorry, got a bit too technical there. It's a QZDoom bug, yes. I'll see if I can add some kind of workaround soon for your CPU.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

I belive on future maybe zandronum will use The QZDoom code instead of Gzdoom (mostly because it has both software and opengl renders)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

As exciting as that is, I've only merged in the QZDoom code once and never even tested it. I just offered it as a proof of concept of "here, it can be done."

I believe if Torr wants QZDoom code, he's quite likely going to want to work alongside both dpJudas and I - or at the very least, dpJudas. I don't imagine there's going to be much needed to integrate the QZDoom renderer into Zandronum, but a little back-and-forth between those two might go a long way to ensuring the code is stable after the merge. They'll probably want to negotiate licenses too - because that's pretty much dpJudas's baby right there. ;)

However, the floatification errors in ZDoom should probably be addressed first - and we're starting to nail those down.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

The license of my files follow Randi's license for the ones that was based on her code (r_draw_rgba.cpp and r_drawt_rgba.cpp). For the new files with no license currently, those will be using the usual zlib license I always use. I'll try see if I can get that added to the files soon. :)
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I seem to have an odd problem with Guncaster where when using the truecolor software renderer it takes quite some time to load but isn't TOO bad but when I die and press use to load up again it eats more RAM than my shitty 2 gb ram laptop has (last 2 times it took up a whole 2.1 gb of ram) and freezes. I'm not sure how long it freezes as I haven't tried waiting long enough but it's probably over 10 minutes if not indefinitely. Doesn't seem to happen with just ZDoom.
Xane123
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Xane123 »

I like seeing the truecolor renderer become its own thing!

I noticed something was removed, though. In my TC, there are slopes everywhere; The original, glitchy true-color renderer distorted wall textures on slopes, which was nice. This doesn't happen in QZDoom...is there a way to re-enable it?
True-color renderer beta
True-color renderer beta
QZDoom latest Git build
QZDoom latest Git build

Return to “Game Engines”