Dynamo's One-Stop Resources Shop(NEW!Realms of the Haunting)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Yagotzirck

Re: Dynamo's One-Stop Resources Shop (NEW! Damage Incorporat

Post by Yagotzirck »

Corak wrote: Have any success in converting them?
not yet, I have quite a busy schedule as of late and that game has proven to be quite a bit harder than I originally anticipated, so I've temporarily put it on hold for the time being.
At the moment I'm tinkering on and off with realms of the haunting(found out how to properly decode DPCM audio files, but I've hit a wall with some sprites compression scheme), once I'm done with ROTH I'll get back to last rites for sure :wink:
Dynamo

Re: Dynamo's One-Stop Resources Shop(NEW!Realms of the Haunt

Post by Dynamo »

Finally! At long last, Realms of the Haunting is ripped! Check out the first post for all related information!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Dynamo these are some awesome rips here! I will be sure to credit you if I use some of these. :)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

:wub: Realms of the Haunting?!?!?
Now this has got my interest.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Eruanna wrote:Dynamo these are some awesome rips here! I will be sure to credit you if I use some of these. :)
Thanks very much :D Glad you enjoy these, they took a long time to make and I hope they will prove useful for the community. Best regards :)
BadMojo

Post by BadMojo »

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for doing all of this, these are great :)

Ive recreated the Fajita Maker from Quiver for zdoom using some of these rips, I've credited you aswell,
Heres the topic I started at realm: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/forum- ... ker-quiver

Id love to see the quiver music converted back to midi, if you ever get time to figure it out :)
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Thanks for your kind words! It's pleasant to know this is proving to be useful for modders.

Good job with remaking the weapon. It'd be interesting to see the other quiver weapons remade as well, then maybe a quiver themed mod might even be made... Anyway, you should probably credit Yagotzirck rather than myself as he is the one who got the game ripped properly. He'll probably know more about the music than I do as well.
Yagotzirck

Post by Yagotzirck »

BadMojo wrote:Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for doing all of this, these are great :)

Ive recreated the Fajita Maker from Quiver for zdoom using some of these rips, I've credited you aswell,
Heres the topic I started at realm: http://realm667.com/index.php/en/forum- ... ker-quiver

Id love to see the quiver music converted back to midi, if you ever get time to figure it out :)
Hello, I don't think I'll bother taking the reversing route for that anytime soon since I expect it to be extremely time-consuming for very little achievement, but here's a way to convert them to midi nonetheless:

First off, open DOSBox and do Ctrl+Alt+F7. You should see a message in the status window saying that it's ready to capture raw opl commands.

Now, move in the directory where the DWM + PLAYDWM.exe files are placed, and play whatever file you want to convert(let's say 1.DWM):

Code: Select all

PLAYDWM 1.DWM
Let it play for the whole duration of the song, then hit Ctrl+Alt+F7 as soon as it finishes to stop OPL capturing.
If you did everything right you should have a file with a name like "playdwm_000.dro" in your DOSBox capture directory.

Next, get these 2 tools and extract both of them in the same directory(I'd suggest extracting the "drotrim" directory first, then extracting the DRO to MIDI files in there as well):
DRO Trimmer
DRO to MIDI

Now place "playdwm_000.dro"(or whatever it's called in your case) in the directory where you extracted the aforementioned tools and open a command prompt in there(hint: rightclicking any empty space inside the directory while holding the shift key will add a "Open command prompt here" option in the rightclick menu).

Now do:

dro2to1 <filename>.dro
which will create another file with "_1" appended to the end of the name (so in my case "dro2to1 playdwm_000.dro" created a file named "playdwm_000_1.dro")

All it's left to do at this point is:

dro2midi <input_file> <output_file>
Which in my case would be:

dro2midi playdwm_000_1.dro midiFile1.mid
And there you have your converted midi file :)

It's quite a tedious process, I know... but better than nothing, right?
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Hey, just a quick update: there was a bug that caused a few of the textures not to be extracted, I've updated the main file and the bin+src package with them. Should be fully complete now.
BadMojo

Post by BadMojo »

Exactly what I wanted, Ill look into doing that when I get time, cheers :)

Ill credit you both, hows that sound :)

And yes, I plan on doing the rest of the weapons.. May even consider making a quiver "total conversion" if I end up getting around to it.
scorpion67890

Post by scorpion67890 »

the main file for the Realms of the Haunting seems to be down..
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

That's quite odd, it was working fine the other day. Updated it and it works fine for me now. Do check?

It appears the recent forum makeover has somehow screwed up the spoilers, I'll try to clean it up.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Um, what are .tga and .gdv files and how do I use them? I've tried opening them in paint, gimp, and pretty much every image file viewer I have. I've tried renaming them, but that didn't work. I found a converter online, but at the rate it converts, it'd take days to convert it all (aside from the fact that I can't upload multiple files at a time, genius site design, friendo).

Is there a good, easy way to convert all these files to png I don't know about, or is there a reason they're not in a more useful format?
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Irfanview works fine for me. You can set it to view entire directories as thumbnails.
Yeah, it's been mentioned before .tga is a weird format. It does compress quite well though.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Doominer441 wrote:Is there a good, easy way to convert all these files to png I don't know about, or is there a reason they're not in a more useful format?
The reason is that they compress well and that it's far easier to output to them than it is to .PNG. Unfortunately, many programs have poor .tga support (only partially implemented) due to laziness on the programmers' part (a similar issue occurs with .PCX, another nice old format).

The program you want to use in this case is Slade 3. It does support these .tga files just fine (though it struggles with other types but not the ones of my rips) and you can also mass-convert them to .png with just a few clicks. Should be all you need.

Return to “Resources”