ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

We need a Taxi Driver weapon mod.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

HazeBandicoot wrote:I wonder how well(or bad) a Dragon Ball mod would turn like, instead of picking up weapons you have another system in which you learn new techniques or improve what you have, with techniques essentially being weapons, obviously the strongest ones would be high on the keyslots, like Genki Dama on slot 0 or Makankosappo on slot 6~ish, alternatively just enough techniques to replace doom weapons and you obtain them from capsules because why not.

If i get around to doing this then i'll probably make berserk and soulsphere into temporary Kaioken and SSJ respectively :p.
I would LOVE to see this....or to play this. :wub:
Anyways, in time (it might takes years ( 2 or 3 years from now) ) i am going to make a 'champions online' look-a-like...
so if you dont make a DragonBall Z-look-a-like, i will make it.....although my idea is not exactly YOUR idea... but it comes close... :wub:
Carbine Dioxide

A mod with one gun that uses a lot of ammo types, I was thinking of a revolver that uses these:

Conventional Magnum Rounds
Shotgun Shells
Mini Missiles
Don't know a replacement for plasma, but something that does damage in transit, goes through enemies, and explodes on impact.

The story is this:

You're a normal dude, but you have the baddest revolver ever. You found it at a place called The Devil's Pawn. Some scum around you just want it's sexiness so badly, they'll go as far as to try to kill you for it. The demons that you don't even know exist have been following you, and have come to reclaim what you now realized is a revolver of demon power. You smirk and chuckle as you pull the hammer back as to say "You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!" The demons quake in fear, and some of them wet their pants too.

The gun is supposed to be RO amounts of powerful in terms of gameplay.
SMMG4

Post by SMMG4 »

An Idea:

A zandronum conversion of the Sans mod for ZDoom.I don't know coding that well,and I need some help.Otherwise,it aint comin.:/

Here's the sans mod:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49857

And here's an extra Chara's knife mod for those zandronum/zdoom players (DONT USE IT WITH THE SANS MOD,its just a fist conversion.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctk4crj3l23ia ... e.wad?dl=0
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Just wait for 3.0.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:A mod with one gun that uses a lot of ammo types, I was thinking of a revolver that uses these:

Conventional Magnum Rounds
Shotgun Shells
Mini Missiles
Don't know a replacement for plasma, but something that does damage in transit, goes through enemies, and explodes on impact.

The story is this:

You're a normal dude, but you have the baddest revolver ever. You found it at a place called The Devil's Pawn. Some scum around you just want it's sexiness so badly, they'll go as far as to try to kill you for it. The demons that you don't even know exist have been following you, and have come to reclaim what you now realized is a revolver of demon power. You smirk and chuckle as you pull the hammer back as to say "You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!" The demons quake in fear, and some of them wet their pants too.

The gun is supposed to be RO amounts of powerful in terms of gameplay.
I LOVE THAT IDEA!

The part about it running off of several different ammotypes reminds me of my idea for a Dredd Lawgiver mod, though it has all sorts of firing modes running off the same ammotype...
Carbine Dioxide

This is probably more of a sprite/single weapon WAD idea, but why hasn't there been a COP .357 Derringer in a Doom mod?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Maybe because pretty much every other revolver that was its own weapon (as in, not a reskin of the standard pistol) was too powerful to be a Derringer...
Take Guncaster and Trailblazer, for example...
Carbine Dioxide

I honestly don't even know what you are trying to say here, the COP Derringer is a cute little gun the holds four rounds.
Spoiler:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:This is probably more of a sprite/single weapon WAD idea, but why hasn't there been a COP .357 Derringer in a Doom mod?
There has, though - Xaser drew one a very long time ago, and it made it into one of the old Mixed Tape mods (can't remember if it was 1 or 2, though).
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And yet it was amazed me how it was made. Or should i say, definitely helps the service perfectly.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

my concepts for my mod sodoom

replacements

Zombieman -- Scientist pistol, terror pistol, thug, rouge engineer
shotgunguy -- Gunman shotgun, terrorcell shotgunner, scientist shotgun, etc
Pinky -- dogs, attackers with melee
lost soul -- Bird, bat, drones (ones from phantasm movie)

chaingun -- M16
pistol -- HKvp70 (or matilda)
shotgun -- spas12
ssg -- striker
plasma rifle -- flamen-werfer (german for flamegun)
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

I don't have a name for this. But here's the idea.

There are 4 kinds of weapons in this idea. Tech Weapons, Primary Weapons, Sidearms, and Melee.
Tech Weapons are either picked up by dead enemies (Usually uncommon) or throughout maps (A little more common than finding one by dead enemies). These are usually powerful, but you can only carry two of them per class. The Exception is the S class, which can carry 6 Tech Weapons. All Tech Weapons have an Energy Usage, if the Energy usage is full, the gun will be jammed, and the player is forced to find another one. The Energy Bar option can be disabled at the options menu.
Primary Weapons are found throughout maps, but you can only have one primary weapon per class. But unlike Tech Weapons, they don't have the Energy Bar and can be used freely. But they still require ammo.
Sidearms are equipped by default. The Sidearm is your default weapon, and like Tech Weapons, they could be found either by dead enemies or maps. But they are more rare than Tech Weapons. They still require ammo, and they have their own ammo catagory. But if you ran out of ammo for your weapon, you'll reload, but it'll reload much slow. Basically speaking, you have Infinite Ammo, but you'll reload slower once you don't have ammo. So your Melee is advised.
Melees are also equipped by default. And they don't require ammo to use. Only use melee weapons for either conserving ammo, stealth kills, or for a last resort.

Armor points

PLAYERS: There are 4 classes throughout this mod. X, Y, Z and S.

X=Destroyer (Offensive Class) - The most basic kind of class, who prefers Overall distruction upon the enemy foes, softening up bosses and raiding up the crowd control. But he has low armor, weak melee damage, and could die easily.
Special Ability: Pressing your Special Ability button will make X initiate Hyper Adrenaline mode, slowing down everything. Except the player and their projectiles. They'll use their Special XM1911 Pistols which deals 100% more damage, 500% more damage to bosses, 50% defense, and Infinite ammo during this period. RMB fires explosive ammo, and LMB fires faster by default.
Default Weapons:
Bare Fists - Default melee. - LMB just uses your left jab, faster and deals less damage. RMB uses your right hook, slower and deals more damage.
XM1911 Pistols "The Redguard." - Can be dual-wielded. X's default pistol. RMB switches modes for this pistol, Normal, Fast, One Hand. Normal uses the pistols like your default pistol, Fast mode, once your mag is empty, you throw your pistol at the crosshair (which can be thrown at an enemy and deal damage) and pull out another one. But you'll consume twice as more ammo when you reload. And if you're using Dual-Wield pistols, you can switch to One Hand to unequip your second pistol, but this will allow you to grab any Available One Hand weapons (Including Assualt Rifles and SMGs.) and fire with them. If the your One Hand-Ability gun is empty, you'll throw it. And you must find another one. The XM1911 are based on the M1911s, but with a Black color and a Red Stripe to the slide.
Unique Primary: DAR4711 Fully Automatic Assault Rifle "Raider" - X's unique Primary Weapon. For every 10 shots you fire during one burst, the Rifle will automatically fire a frag grenade. RMB changes to either Assault Mode or Suppression Mode. In Suppression Mode, the rifle will gain 200% fire speed and 250% ammo capcity, but damage is reduced to 25%, and the rifle cannot fire the grenade. It's a hybrid of a M4A1, G36K and ARX-160 rifles.

STATS:
Tech Weapon Power: 7/10
Primary Weapon Power: 8/10
Sidearm Power: 10/10
Melee Power: 3/10
Armor Power: 4/10
Hit Points: 1/10
Speed: 5/10

Y=Vanguard (Offensive Class) - The most tankiest of classes. Enduring alot of damage in a short time, from Cyberdemon Rockets to a Horde of Chaingunners at your face. They
Special Ability: Pressing your Special Ability button will make Y invincible for a short time. But they're only restricted to use their Primary. And they will be two times as faster. This will also restore HP and Armor to 500%.
Default Weapons:
Chainsword "Vangaurd's Vain" - Default melee. - LMB uses their saw like your avarage chainsaw. RMB charges with your Chainsword, killing enemies while charging will give you a HP and Armor boost. And while charging, you get 75% damage reduction.
Sliver Eagle Hight Caliber Pistol "Protection and Order." - Y's default Sidearm. LMB fires as usual. But RMB changes to either Protection or Order mode. Protection mode is the default mode for this gun, giving you a 10% damage reduction. Order mode will allow you to use the gun's laser pointer and firing the gun will fire explosive rounds. But the rate of fire is decreased and you'll lose the 10% damage reduction bonus.
Unique Primary: Epsilon E10 High Powered Chaingun "Pray with Lead" - Y's default Primary Weapon. The gun must be spooled up first before shooting. RMB changes modes, Juggernaut and Riot. Juggernaut mode is the default mode of the weapon. While Riot mode will automatically create a shield field around the Player's view. Any damage taken with the shield will decrease armor points. But your gun will fire 50% slower and the rev up time will increase by 150%.

STATS:
Tech Weapon Power: 3/10
Primary Weapon Power: 5/10
Sidearm Power: 4/10
Melee Power: 7/10
Armor Power: 10/10
Hit Points: 9/10
Speed: 2/10

This is the first part of my post. I hope anybody will post that as a mod soon! That'll be awesome!
lwks

Post by lwks »

Hey guys, I'm working on a Christmas WAD and I want to release it on December. Anyone interested that has a minimum experience with modding can PM me.
DanTheHedgefox

Post by DanTheHedgefox »

I've always wanted a few additional features to Parkmore: http://jinotra.in/downloads/mods/doom/parkmore
Such as:

Sprites for the ledge-grab and dodge features.
Over the shoulder camera chasecam. (Keybind switch shoulder, automatic view-bob off)
The ability to turn around while grabbing a ledge. (1 sprite each for looking left/right/back)
Turn forward dodge into roll that counts as crouch. (Knocks back enemies (but does no damage), Jump at end to long-jump)
And crouch-jumping.

As for why I can't do this myself is I'm only an amateur spriter and have no idea of coding. Though I think some of these animations may be within my grasp if I get permission to use parts of other peoples work.

Return to “General”