DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Test builds pg. 55/56]

Post by Mor'Ladim »

No, no, I meant those 'User1-4' states on weapons. (Edit: The ones you can use in conjunction with added keybinds for them) At least, I believe they weren't available until only recently as I recall.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Mor'Ladim wrote:
ijon wrote: ... people still use state offsets like that?
I don't know of any other way! Probably doesn't help that I am using a 2.8 ZDoom build. That's only because using anything newer will cause my personal use mod to randomly crash on occasion. Therefore, I am missing out on a lot of useful features (Especially "User States") and am left in the dark on more efficient ways to handle things.
as mentioned by ijon, custom state labels have been available for a long fucking time now. They have no relation to those User States, which are indeed a recent addition (but have nothing to do with this). You can replace your jumps with offsets and your goto state+x calls with a custom state label and a jump or goto to that. example:

Code: Select all

Fire:
    HEHG A 0 A_Jump(1, "Backfire")
    HEHG A 3 
    HEHG B 0 A_GunFlash
    HEHG B 3 A_FireCustomMissile("hehshot")
    HEHG B 0 A_Refire
    Goto Cooldown
    Backfire:
    HEHG C 5 //explode or something
    Goto Cooldown
    Cooldown:
    HEHG DEFG 3
    Goto Ready
See? Isn't that much nicer than

Fire:
    HEHG A 0 A_Jump(1, 5)
    HEHG A 3 
    HEHG B 0 A_GunFlash
    HEHG B 3 A_FireCustomMissile("hehshot")
    HEHG B 0 A_Refire
    Goto Fire+6
    //backfire
    //cooldown
    HEHG DEFG 3
    Goto Ready
Gez

Post by Gez »

Heck you don't need that second "goto cooldown".

Backfire:
    Goto Cooldown
    Cooldown:
could as well just be:

Backfire:
    Cooldown:
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Honestly, I just kinda wanna see the hub map with the portals to all the maps placed inside it, instead of the non-functional placeholders the current test build has.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

I don't know if this update will make it in time but here I go. This is my final update for my map.

Changes:

- One of the rooms with multiples switches has been removed, however the area before that room has been remade and teleport pads were added. The twist on it is that you have to pick up the hidden blue skull key to enter this area.

- Added some arrows to "indicate" the switches where the hidden key can be used and some other arrows with very subtle lighting change to indicate some secrets.

- Added two teleport pads, one for the teleport pad before picking up the red keycard (this one can be used by reaching the third bridge), and the other is for going back to the teleport pads area.

- The plasma gun and the berserk pack has been relocated due to the deleted sector.

- Added some cosmetic things here and there.

And that's all. The download link is the same but here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o9s28pnoaema ... e.zip?dl=0.
Have fun. :)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Alright, back from vacation, and just toyed around with the latest build of the DUMP3 Weapon set. Is the GOH-12's tractor beam supposed to be missing? I thought I included it. :X
charcola

Post by charcola »

*crickets*
Yholl

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Wep Test1 build pg. 74]

Post by Yholl »

Snarboo wrote:Alright, back from vacation, and just toyed around with the latest build of the DUMP3 Weapon set. Is the GOH-12's tractor beam supposed to be missing? I thought I included it. :X
Wait, latest build? There's only one build, test0.

Unless you managed to get the indev test1 build through that stupid link that updated itself.
In any case, yes, the latest update I had from you had no graphics whatsoever for the tractor beam, I assumed it was intended.
charcola wrote:*crickets*
Yup, preeeeeetty much.
Whatever. Term told me to wait and release the weapons test build alongside the map test build, but the map build is basically in the Immaterium for all I know.

DUMP3 Weapons Test-1

I was halfway through adding custom ammo checks to all the weapons when I lost motivation halfway through, so a lot of weapons now will probably be able to be fired without ammo.
All weapons have AMMO_OPTIONAL now, so that they can be selected and dropped if they have no ammo, but obviously a lot of guns just used standard Doom ammo control, so the ones I didn't get to updating will have infinite ammo, basically.

Go nuts, have fun. Enjoy our audio shitposting on the menu system.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

The only weapons I noticed fired at zero ammo were the dual cannons replacement for the rocket launcher. It was pretty fun, using the pistol mostly, and basically wondering what type of shit I might get next. For fucks sake, the chainsaw has a hammer running on the power of love for it's attacks, and yholl made...something. IDK what it does to enemies, but it fires some shit and then it exploded. Lesson learned, Don't pick up the chainsaw.

But I need to say something with Zandronum 3.0...

Why, for fucks sake, does MM8BDM have a problem with freelooking in Zand 3.0, but my Doom 2 WAD has no problem?

Ah well, the world makes no sense anyway. Like why I felt the need to post this shit here instead of the What I did last thread, or the very own MM8BDM thread.

World: 0, Roy, -1.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Some issues I found in the new version:

- I cannot discard the Neutral Stunner and Dual Cannons. I can discard everything else, however.
EDIT: I think I discovered the cause; both of those weapons are missing the WRF_ALLOWZOOM flag from their A_WeaponReady functions.

- When discarding the Laundry Fu, I retain the ability to high jump when using the other weapons.

- The Frostfire Tome's altfire doesn't respect sv_infiniteammo nor the infinite ammo powerup.

- Typing IDKFA or IDFA still gives the vanilla fist.

- In DUMP.acs, I believe changing the TakeInventory functions to take 9999 may stop problems with sv_unlimited_pickup interfering with the synthfire system:

if (buttons & attack)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3SynthFire", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3SynthFire", 9999);

if (buttons & altAttack)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3SynthAltFire", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3SynthAltFire", 9999);

if (buttons & BT_CROUCH)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3Crouching", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3Crouching", 9999);

if (buttons & BT_MOVELEFT)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3StrafeLeft", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3StrafeLeft", 9999);

if (buttons & BT_MOVERIGHT)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3StrafeRight", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3StrafeRight", 9999);

if (buttons & BT_FORWARD)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3Forwards", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3Forwards", 9999);

if (buttons & BT_BACK)
            GiveInventory("DUMP3Backwards", 1);
        else
            TakeInventory("DUMP3Backwards", 9999);
And this:

script "DUMP_DEATH" DEATH
{
    TakeInventory("DUMP3SynthFire", 9999);
    TakeInventory("DUMP3SynthAltFire", 9999);
    TakeInventory("DUMP3Crouching", 9999);
    TakeInventory("DUMP3StrafeLeft", 9999);
    TakeInventory("DUMP3StrafeRight", 9999);
    TakeInventory("DUMP3Forwards", 9999);
    TakeInventory("DUMP3Backwards", 9999);
}
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

a couple of bugs
tyrant has some MAJOR offset issues. also some invisible frames
chaingunshotgun can't use the tertiary fire unless 'switch synthfire' is on
it also inverts the AMR's; shoot with alt, scope with primary

also nice to see that Ijon got serious for once
well, twice
plasmatracker projectiles look so cool

also: did term pick the name for the hellhammer?
Last edited by comet1337 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

By the way; Yholl, could you please amend this to my Pet Lost Soul weapon's DropGunPickup state:

DropGunPickup:
		"####" "#" 0 A_TakeInventory("DUMP3PetLostSoulEquipped", 9999)
	    "####" "#" 0 A_TakeInventory("DUMP3ChainsawSlotFilled",1)
	    "####" "#" 0 A_TakeInventory("DUMP3PetLostSoul",1)
	    "####" "#" 0 A_Jump(256, "Deselect")
	    Goto Deselect
Currently, after discarding it once, it doesn't "teleport in" if you happen to pick it up again, so it just appears abruptly. With the code amended as above, it should allow it to properly do its teleport in animation if you happen to pick it up again after discarding him.
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

comet1337 wrote:tyrant has some MAJOR offset issues. also some invisible frames
I was wondering what you meant, as I just tried it out in Zandronum, the version of ZDoom that I use, and then an updated version of ZDoom I have in another folder and saw no problems. Then I downloaded the most recent build of ZDoom and NOW I see what you mean. I'll have to see if I can do something about that, and hopefully I will know where to start.
ijon

Post by ijon »

yo yholl you forgot to use the updated hs011 with the ACS that hopefully desyncs less and also doesn't need commonfuncs to compile
(only the ACS changed)
(i ain't ever gonna test this shit on zdoom multiplayer so i'll just assume it worked)
comet1337 wrote:also nice to see that Ijon got serious for once
well, twice
i basically stole two guns from EYE, so even then
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Beed28 wrote:- I cannot discard the Neutral Stunner and Dual Cannons. I can discard everything else, however.
fug
Beed28 wrote:When discarding the Laundry Fu, I retain the ability to high jump when using the other weapons.
fuuug
Beed28 wrote:The Frostfire Tome's altfire doesn't respect sv_infiniteammo nor the infinite ammo powerup.
fuug
Beed28 wrote:Typing IDKFA or IDFA still gives the vanilla fist.
fuuuuug
Beed28 wrote:In DUMP.acs, I believe changing the TakeInventory functions to take 9999 may stop problems with sv_unlimited_pickup interfering with the synthfire system:
I'm gonna be perfectly honest here.
I'm rapidly losing interest in maintaining compatibility with such an obnoxious and destructive cvar.
comet1337 wrote:chaingunshotgun can't use the tertiary fire unless 'switch synthfire' is on
blatantly untrue
comet1337 wrote:it also inverts the AMR's; shoot with alt, scope with primary
fug
comet1337 wrote:also: did term pick the name for the hellhammer?
ye
I yelled at him to come up with a cool name. Amusingly enough the same name I'd used in an old wad of mine for the SSG, heh.
Beed28 wrote:By the way; Yholl, could you please amend this to my Pet Lost Soul weapon's DropGunPickup state:
fug
ye, I'll get on that
Mor'Ladim wrote:I was wondering what you meant, as I just tried it out in Zandronum, the version of ZDoom that I use, and then an updated version of ZDoom I have in another folder and saw no problems. Then I downloaded the most recent build of ZDoom and NOW I see what you mean. I'll have to see if I can do something about that, and hopefully I will know where to start.
Honestly, I would not bother trying to "fix" your gun if it's only broken in a super recent devbuild.
It's very likely your gun is not broken in any way.
If it's fine in stable ZDoom/GZDoom, and it's fine in Zan 3.0, then it's fine.
ijon wrote:yo yholl you forgot to use the updated hs011 with the ACS that hopefully desyncs less and also doesn't need commonfuncs to compile
fuuuuuug
yeah, I was meant to do that after I got the ammo stuff sorted out and then I escaped into the warp.
My bad.

Return to “Levels”