Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 2 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LedIris

Re: [New stuff!] Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 16th July

Post by LedIris »

Another big update!
-Minigun has been added! It will now spawn over Rifles, and Chaingunners will now drop Miniguns
-Rifle not completely removed - has a chance to spawn over ammo boxes or clips
-Rifle moved to slot 2 along with Pistol
-Ammo boxes give nato ammo + bullets
-Rifle now has new animation for reloading on an empty magazine (Huge thanks to Captain J for that ;))
-Aim punch can now be toggled on or off in the Options menu
-Individual shell & medikit system can now be toggled on or off in the Options menu
-Backpack pickup sound replaced with higher quality one
-View bobbing style changed
-Rifle and SSG have new firing sounds (more powerful and less dead sound)
-Shotgun's pumping sound changed
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

This mod just gets better everyday. Once this gets to an stable build, i'll make my edits to it. I have many things left around here that didn't find their home yet.

Anyway, the new cocking animation to AR is excellent, but when you finish cocking the gun it finishes and switches to idle frames too fast. Slow it up a bit.

Now, just some nitpicks, these ones you don't need to consider if you want:

- Minigun is going too much down when firing, seems like bouncing instead of a recoil.
- You could use a very small radius quake to AR and minigun.
- Do you consider adding ADS to AR and shotgun just like Weapons of Saturn?
- The older pumping sound from shotgun was better, IMO. This new one remembers me of vanilla pumping sound.
- The clip sound from Quake II is kinda overused. I know, i'm not the right man to talk about this, but... just nitpicking.
- There's a weapon mod made by Z86, but i've seen this in so so many others,there's those projectiles for the plasmarifle and BFG that give a nice effect to the game and i think you've already seen it on XWeapon by railgunner. Do you mind if i send them to you?

Keep on rocking in this mod!
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

GAA1992 wrote:This mod just gets better everyday. Once this gets to an stable build, i'll make my edits to it. I have many things left around here that didn't find their home yet.
Thanks! It would be quite interesting to see somebody else's take on this mod. :wink:
Anyway, the new cocking animation to AR is excellent, but when you finish cocking the gun it finishes and switches to idle frames too fast. Slow it up a bit.
I've slowed it down by two tics. Feels a bit nicer, and looks a bit better. :)
- Minigun is going too much down when firing, seems like bouncing instead of a recoil.
I feel like this + radius quake = satisfaction. I can change it for next build though.
- You could use a very small radius quake to AR and minigun.
Done. Now, AR has a very small radius quake whereas minigun has a bit of a bigger one. :D
- Do you consider adding ADS to AR and shotgun just like Weapons of Saturn?
Considered & tested for the AR, however, to be honest, I've never really seen the point in ADS on a shotgun. It's easy enough to implement, anyway, so I'll add it. 8-)
- The older pumping sound from shotgun was better, IMO. This new one remembers me of vanilla pumping sound.
Old pumping sound restored!
- The clip sound from Quake II is kinda overused. I know, i'm not the right man to talk about this, but... just nitpicking.
I have trouble finding a different clip sound, and I'm aware that the Quake II sound is used everywhere. I'll roam around. :)
- There's a weapon mod made by Z86, but i've seen this in so so many others,there's those projectiles for the plasmarifle and BFG that give a nice effect to the game and i think you've already seen it on XWeapon by railgunner. Do you mind if i send them to you?
Sure, you can send them to me. I think I have seen those projectiles before. They'll make the game feel a bit nicer, I think. 8-)
Keep on rocking in this mod!

Have fun! Thanks for your feedback! :rock:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Rather than randomly replacing ammo crate, the Rifle should be dropped by Zombiemen.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Rather than randomly replacing ammo crate, the Rifle should be dropped by Zombiemen.
The problem is I don't really want to replace monsters in this mod, so that you can load it up and play with your own custom monster mods/gore mods. That's why I'm using the randomly replacing ammo crate solution as a workaround. If the need arises I guess I could replace monsters eventually.

Quick question: Is aiming down sights with rifle and shotgun worth adding in? It's very easy to do, but it might ruin the mod for some. Thoughts?
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

It would be optional, so if people think it would ruin the mod they can just aim regularly. REally I'd do whatever you think is best for your own mod man.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The rifle's animation is fine to go, neat work and glad i helped you! And yeah, You might add aiming to rifle and shotgun. If you don't like the simple ways and want to make the mod fancier.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Rather than randomly replacing ammo crate, the Rifle should be dropped by Zombiemen.
Led, You might touch the randomspawner to spawn it along with chaingun randomly. It's a good idea, yes?
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Captain J wrote:The rifle's animation is fine to go, neat work and glad i helped you! And yeah, You might add aiming to rifle and shotgun. If you don't like the simple ways and want to make the mod fancier.
Led, You might touch the randomspawner to spawn it along with chaingun randomly. It's a good idea, yes?
Well, sweet then. I've added aiming to rifle and shotgun. :wink: They will be ready for next update.
Thanks again for those rifle sprites, Captain J :wub: Couldn't have done it without you. :)
Spawning rifle along with chaingun randomly makes more sense. :lol: I'll tweak the randomspawner for next update.
Overall, I suppose this little project is almost done. :mrgreen:

Edit: Adding a random spawner for the chaingun meant that chaingunners had a chance to drop rifles instead of miniguns.
There's nothing I can do except redefine the chaingunner which I don't want to do since I want to keep full compatibility with monster/gore mods. :oops:
Last edited by LedIris on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

The shotgun is supposed to be a short-ranged weapon. What is the point of giving it ironsights?
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:The shotgun is supposed to be a short-ranged weapon. What is the point of giving it ironsights?
To tighten up its spread. Many other mods do this as well.
Besides, the ironsights are totally optional, you don't have to use them. :wink:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Plus, it makes it more deadlier and obviously accurate in long range. So aiming makes it more useful like other guns that are able to zoom.
LedIris

Re: [New stuff!] Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 17th July

Post by LedIris »

Updated!
-Rifle and Shotgun can now be zoomed in for better accuracy
-Shotgun's pump sound reverted
-Minigun's firing animation is less 'bouncy'
-Classic Shotgun Pump mode added to Mod Options menu (this will also affect aiming)
-Small radius quake added to Minigun and Rifle
-Rifle's cocking animation slightly slower
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Updated!
-Cleaned up the Mod Options menu
-Added a new feature - Death Animations. It is in the EXPERIMENTAL category in the Mod Options menu and is turned off by default.
When enabled, a new animation will play when the player dies, instead of the weapon simply being holstered.
The code is finished, however the animation is not. I am still on the hunt for fresh sprites for it. The current ones aren't widescreen friendly.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

The newly added first person death animation is looking really dancy, i say!

...But i have been thinking, is anyone made the bloodily mangled version of doomguy's arm? I haven't seen them recently. It might be an excellent use for first person gib animation!
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Captain J wrote:The newly added first person death animation is looking really dancy, i say!

...But i have been thinking, is anyone made the bloodily mangled version of doomguy's arm? I haven't seen them recently. It might be an excellent use for first person gib animation!
I don't think anybody has made a bloodily mangled version of doomguy's arm. Or, if one has been made, I've never seen it before.
Someone did make the fiery Strife arm edits though, so I could add those in for when the player dies from a fireball or something. :)
What I really would like to do is leave the player's arm in a resting position and leave it at that for the end of the animation, and also (like Powerslave/Exhumed) spawn in a bloodpool that slowly gets bigger, just below the player's viewheight. It would be really awesome. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”