[Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Shane
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 am
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

Slax wrote:How about doing an original track based on what you've learned from this project?
That would actually be a fun idea!
silentzora wrote:
Shane wrote:Hey! That's a great idea! I had considered possibly doing more things later, such as Project Doom (but I wanted to reach out to Jay Reichard first). This could be a nice alternative. Thanks! :D
You've got permission to do some Project Doom stuff. But, honestly, you should use your talents for things much more deserving than that. See: Just about anything Jimmy's done. :P
Well, thank you very much! I'd rework the tracks a little more, but a lot of the remixes you made sound like something I'd have done to them as well! Don't worry! I do lots of original stuff, this was always just a for-fun project. :)
I'll contact you later when I start playing with Project Doom stuff.
User avatar
silentzora
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:24 pm

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by silentzora »

Shane wrote:Well, thank you very much! I'd rework the tracks a little more, but a lot of the remixes you made sound like something I'd have done to them as well! Don't worry! I do lots of original stuff, this was always just a for-fun project. :)
I'll contact you later when I start playing with Project Doom stuff.
Sounds good. I've actually gone back and redone a few, myself, so check those out as well. There's about eight of 'em, and a few other bonus tracks (oddities, really). Still, worth checking out, I guess.

Project: Doom Listing
User avatar
Shane
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 am
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

silentzora wrote:
Shane wrote:Well, thank you very much! I'd rework the tracks a little more, but a lot of the remixes you made sound like something I'd have done to them as well! Don't worry! I do lots of original stuff, this was always just a for-fun project. :)
I'll contact you later when I start playing with Project Doom stuff.
Sounds good. I've actually gone back and redone a few, myself, so check those out as well. There's about eight of 'em, and a few other bonus tracks (oddities, really). Still, worth checking out, I guess.

Project: Doom Listing
Thanks again! For sure! I bet we'll make something awesome! :D
sweety80
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by sweety80 »

Be faithful to the original song soundtrack!
I like the sound of hearts.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Captain J »

In all seriousness, i haven't heard the purely retrospective remake of the original doom musics except the musics from Doom Remake. The musics are all good, and i'd like to hear all of them.

So keep it up! You got our support!
User avatar
Shane
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 am
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

Sorry for the pause in updates. I was out of the country, but I'm back in the US now! I'll get back on the game this week!
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:23 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: United States

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Awesome, hope your trip went well!
User avatar
Shane
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 am
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

Siberian Tiger wrote:Awesome, hope your trip went well!
Hey, thanks! It was a lot of fun. Lots of good food and booze. Hahaha.
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:23 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: United States

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Siberian Tiger »

How's the progress coming along? Any new updates or ground breaking progress?
User avatar
Hellser
Global Moderator
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:43 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Citadel Station

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Hellser »

Siberian Tiger wrote:How's the progress coming along? Any new updates or ground breaking progress?
I'm sure if there's any updates, Shane will post it. Just hang in there. :D
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:23 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: United States

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Siberian Tiger »

You're right; I am just really excited :D
User avatar
Shane
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 am
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

Ahhh!! Sorry. I got a nasty case of the bass blisters which halted progress then I got a huge burst of busy! I only need to record the Intermission from Doom to have the first one completed. Then I just need to mix them a little better and make them loop and it should be ready to release the first Doom's soundtrack!

I'll see if I can get it done this week.

I'll work on Doom II after but it may take me a little longer since I'm not as used to its soundtrack as I am with the first Doom's. Plus, I want to get new guitar and bass strings and new drum heads for recording the next game. The ones I have now are starting to get worn.

Thanks for waiting! Your patience means a lot to me!
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Captain J »

Bass blisters... I definitely can see the efforts from you making the music. And glad you're actually alive too!

Take care and good luck!
User avatar
Shane
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 am
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Gentoo GNU/Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by Shane »

Captain J wrote:Bass blisters... I definitely can see the efforts from you making the music. And glad you're actually alive too!

Take care and good luck!
Thank you so much!

Yeah, it's kind of my fault. I usually play bass with a pick. I believe that's how I did all of the bass tracks on the old versions. I figured for this one, I'd use my fingers where Bobby used the fingered bass just to make it that much closer to the originals. I've learned that it's a metaphorical and literal pain. Lol.

I'll wait for the angry bass players to tell me I shouldn't have been using a pick the whole time.
whereswarren
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 4:35 am

Re: [Music] HQ Doom Music (2016 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

Post by whereswarren »

Shane wrote: Thank you so much!

Yeah, it's kind of my fault. I usually play bass with a pick. I believe that's how I did all of the bass tracks on the old versions. I figured for this one, I'd use my fingers where Bobby used the fingered bass just to make it that much closer to the originals. I've learned that it's a metaphorical and literal pain. Lol.

I'll wait for the angry bass players to tell me I shouldn't have been using a pick the whole time.
Looking forward to files! Hope the fingers feel better soon!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”