HELLO GENTLEMEN, ON THIS VERY DAY, A NEW VERSION IS HERE. 0.6!
Why skip to 0.6, y’may ask? Because I had 0.5 done and sent it to a few people, but I realized right afterwards that I forgot to fix a few more things.
So to prevent a bit of confusion, more stuff was fixed and released as 0.6.
Spoiler: CHANGELOG, AAAAAAAAA!
============= 0.5 changes =============
- CHANGED: Level 3 boss has reduced health (From 14000 to 11000)
- CHANGED: Level 5 boss now takes 25% damage from monkey swarm, rather than 10%.
- CHANGED: Level 5 boss has reduced health (From 20000 to 16000)
- CHANGED: Musket deals more damage on both fire and alt fire.
- CHANGED: Arbalest fire is slightly faster.
- CHANGED: Head bats have a faster animation, so from a distance it’s easier to tell them apart from anvil bats.
- CHANGED: Speaking of head bats, their melee damage has been reduced.
- FIXED: Yen amount did not appear on the fullscreen HUD.
- FIXED: In Level 2, a teleporter that only works once could be used by an enemy, which can render the level impossible to complete.
- FIXED: In level 3, there were some sequence breaks.
- FIXED: In level 3, prisoners can stunlock themselves with stun traps.
- FIXED: In level 4, key zombies could be morphed with the golden toilet, which will cause them to not drop their key, which can render the level impossible to complete.
- FIXED: In level 4, you can reach the exit tower sooner than intended, which can skip about half of the level.
- FIXED: In level 5, there was an unobtainable billymorpher item.
- FIXED: In level 5, on hard difficulty, you can be sniped at by giant lips while avoiding shadows in a conveyor belt room. The lips was removed.
- FIXED: In level 5, in the dark section, monsters can no longer open doors.
- ADDED: Hints were added in map03.
- ADDED: Level 5 provides much more gold for buying ammo.
- ADDED: In level 5, in the dark section, right before the jump pad room you are given a yellow potion.
- ADDED: In level 5, both the shadow section and the ice section provides a backpack
- CHANGED: In level 5, on the boots of bootness path, a lourd outlaw was fought on hard difficulty in a cramped room. He is now gone. ============= 0.6 changes =============
- FIXED: The mega secret of level 6 was not possible to finish.
- FIXED: No reward would spawn after the mega secret was finished.
- FIXED: In level 7, there was a secret that wasn’t possible to get.
- ADDED: While in super boomerang mode, you can use altfire to do a normal melee attack so you can open chests.
Last edited by Darsycho on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi darsycho i found a bug in the level 1 of the standalone version 0.6 , its about the alpha,beta and omega emblem puzzle, i cant get the alpha element, when i pick up its not appear in the inventory so i cant pass the puzzle.
i tried twice, first take the alpha, later in the second one, take the alpha after taked the other 2 and its the same problem.
My friend BigProjectAlone was having issues with the alpha emblem as well, but it was working fine for me.
He downloaded v0.6 though and it seemed to work fine. I've checked everything and I'm just not seeing how it would happen.
I have zero idea of what's going on.
Last edited by Darsycho on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- FIXED: Lourd outlaws and shady hands cannot hurt themselves with their own slime.
- FIXED: When collecting the 10 keys, the amount of keys you have will overlap on the fullscreen HUD.
- FIXED: Final boss had projectiles that would unintentionally die in midair.
- FIXED: Many mistakes in level 6 and 7 that will stop you from continuing on were fixed.
- CHANGED: You can only carry one barbarian item
Last edited by Darsycho on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominator94 wrote:I can confirm using the standalone version 0.7 that I am not able to get the alpha emblem instead for whatever reason the game gives me an arbalest bolt instead.
Man, it's a real pain when others are experiencing bugs but I ain't, even when using the exact same version and port. I have an idea that may fix it, but considering how I'm not getting the bug, I'm not sure if it'll work.
mekanchest wrote:hi a little problem im found in the level 6.
in this part, when I kill the enemies for some reason there is one inside the wall that not attack but i cant damage him. the attack pass the wall but not damage him.
Not exactly sure what's going on here, could you by any chance do a video recording of it?
- FIXED (Hopefully): Some people have reported that the alpha emblem pickup simply doesn't work right. Hopefully I managed to fix that issue.
- FIXED: In level 3, you were able to unlock the monster-filled room with the green and red cherub BEFORE freeing all prisoners. The prisoners were there to help the fight, so going in alone is insane.
- FIXED: In level 6, if you walked over the dirt pile BEFORE getting the shovel, it would not work anymore.
I finally got a new version of this out after 5000000000 fuckin years, many new changes, additions, and stuff!
CHANGELOG MOFO!!! (i might've missed a few things to put!)
============= ============= 1.1 changes ============= =============
- ADDED: Some features from Mayhem Mansion 2:
- - When attacking an enemy with an ineffective weapon, instead of producing a fart sound and the word "ineffective" spawn from them, it now says "ineffective" on the top of your screen.
- - Bomb altfire is way more useful, it now scans the area for nearby enemies and throw itself towards them when close enough. It also doesn't just randomly explode when laying it down either, hooray!
- - A new enemy which appears in level 5 onwards is added, originally for MM2 but got scrapped.
- ADDED: Some things that were suppose to be in the first place, but ended up never adding it:
- - New soup guy in level 4's village.
- - At the end of Level 2, you return to the mansion and enter its dungeon.
- - The ettin NPC in level 4 actually speaks now.
- - A sidequest for an NPC in level 5 is added, sort of the level's "mega secret". You get one of the rarest inventory items in the game as a reward!
- - An actual death animation for the level 2 boss.
- ADDED: Added a new "Level complete!" screen instead of going to the main menu.
- ADDED: Icons for both the spell weapon and the ammo combiner, showing what spell you currently are using.
- CHANGED: Musket gets a buff, especially against monsters weak against it.
- CHANGED: Rifle is nerfed a bit, now it requires a small animation before it begins firing, same for zoomed mode.
- CHANGED: The stunlock trap from the magic staff is more effective against many enemies.
- CHANGED: Monkey swarm spell and bombs are no longer affected by autoaim.
- CHANGED: Shops gives 6 arrows instead of 5.
- CHANGED: Replaced the foot spell on Ammo Combiner with a trash sphere spell, bounces off walls and floors while shooting bullets and arrows everywhere! And the Bullet Man spell has been replaced with a new foot spell, and is far more useful, its basically a hitscan explosion.
- CHANGED: It should be more obvious the the lourd outlaw's projectiles are destroyable, and now the remaining projectiles disappear when the lourd outlaw dies, something I had no idea how to fix back then.
- CHANGED: Many many nerfs and buffs and changes to enemies that I don't feel like listing in detail. They're just better now.
- CHANGED: Edited volumes of about half of the music, lowered volume of really loud music, raised volume of really quiet music.
- CHANGED: Many parts of levels have been remade or reworked, lots to resemble how I originally wanted them to be.
- - Level 4's volcano was reworked. It gets progressively stranger, and it doesn't immediately show the strangest bits near the *very beginning* of the volcano, dunno wtf i was thinking back then.
- - Level 5 is basically a new level, has a lot of new rooms, and it's less confusing. There's more dangers of falling however, so watch your step!
- - Level 6 has numerous changes here and there. Many areas are redesigned and are less ugly and crappy, and you can now find experiment pieces AND do any optional bosses (for the mega secret) in any order you wish, giving you a more freedom of choice. Also, depending on where you go first, the last area you choose will have additional monsters spawn.
- CHANGED: Level 7 - Reworked a bit, lots of fights are more chaotic (put your ammo combiner and items to good use!), and the final boss should be less annoying to deal with.
- FIXED: There's some targets in various levels were you able to activate too early, which would break level progression and softlock the level.
- FIXED: Addendum to the above fix, many items and spells that can allow you to hit targets from around corners no longer can activate targets.
- FIXED: Jonny tank was suppose to be weak against magic, as he drops the magic ammo pickup on death, but turns out he never actually was.
- FIXED: Rifle's bullets while zoomed in would have trouble hitting monsters on ledges above you.
- FIXED: In level 1, there's a trap door right after the golden door in the city that shuts in front of you, but unblocks when killing the billycopters. It was possible though to kill the billycopters before the door shuts in front of you, thus softlocking the level. This was present since the very first release of Mayhem Mansion and somehow never noticed this oversight.
- REMOVED: The giant flower enemy that produce sonic waves that just simply pushed you back, it was a worthless enemy that wasn't fun to fight and only appeared twice in the entire game, so I just axed it. A better version of this enemy will appear in MM2.