HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What skin should I use for a Thunderbuster sprite replacement?(REALM667 weapons)

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:21 pm

ElectroGun
8%
Freeze Rifle
17%
Nuclear Missile Launcher(Honestly, you can't tell it's a rpg..)
8%
Plasma Beam
33%
UAC Plasmatic Rifle
25%
Channeler
8%

Total votes: 12

mumblemumble

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 5, 2016)

Post by mumblemumble »

Said so in the HD thread, but it doesn't seem to support low resolutions, and plenty of stuff is off screen when in lower resolutions.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Only seems to show properly in 1440x900, even forcing aspect ratio doesn't fix it, also the update looks really bleh in comparison to original reborn.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Rozy wrote:At the moment it gets a lot of console errors when loading but mostly seems to function right. Though... It doesn't seem to cover the screen properly on my resolution, the bits on the left and right stop before the edge of the screen. Any reason you went with this style instead of the much cleaner reborn style? That one seemed a lot better, the information is a lot more textual and hard to take in at a glance in this version.

Also the mugshot in the map doesn't change for player gender properly.
Yeah. There's a lot of old code that uses the old names. It's low-priority enough that I decided to not try to purge the errors yet. YET.

Yes, there is a reason. I thought it was a horribly, cloogy mess. Also, the Blooper was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, and I just couldn't fit it all in, so I scrapped it and started over.

I've found the mugshot not change properly for player gender in default Hideous Destructor, actually. Might not be my fault : P
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Hummn, actually the girl mugshot is in there in last weeks hd update...weird.

Unless you mean nonbinary stuff. But the girl mugshot, and pain sounds are there for me
Last edited by mumblemumble on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Silentdarkness12

Code: Select all

InInventory IsMale {drawmugshot "STF", 5, custom, 36, -36;}
	InInventory IsFemale {drawmugshot "SFF", 5, custom, 36, -36;}
Now what?

EDIT: While we're on the topic, Vaecrius, how did you manage to make your stuff scale to resolution correctly? Looks to me like you went with things so simple-looking that they didn't need scaling outside of Hud_Scale, but I may as well be 100% sure on this.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That should do it, unless I'm missing some context.

I can't answer the second question with any one general answer since it's pretty inconsistent. Sometimes I use TEXTURES, other times I do a new sprite, other times it's the actor that's scaled.
Silentdarkness12

Vaecrius wrote:That should do it, unless I'm missing some context.

I can't answer the second question with any one general answer since it's pretty inconsistent. Sometimes I use TEXTURES, other times I do a new sprite, other times it's the actor that's scaled.
1. Then we have a problem. It doesn't switch to the female mugshot if the player type is female.

2. Okay. What would you say is the easiest method to get things scaled properly?
Silentdarkness12

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 14, 2016)

Updated.

I added an addon that makes 50% less loot happen. I only made this because a steam friend of mine was nagging me to make the thing.

If anybody actually finds this useful, let me know.
Matt

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 14, 2016)

Post by Matt »

TEXTURES.

And I'll check that thing about the mugshots later this week.

EDIT: mugshots work for me. :S
Silentdarkness12

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Updated DarkHud to V4. Fixed it up and face-lifted it again.

If you're going to bother me about how it only works in 1440x900 resolution, then please just stop. I already know about that. I know it's inconvenient. However, I can't figure out how to make it scale to resolution. I'm at my wits end and nobody wants to actually help me with it, judging by the answer I got from the editing forum(which is to say, utter, crippling silence).
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Updated DarkHud to V4. Fixed it up and face-lifted it again.

If you're going to bother me about how it only works in 1440x900 resolution, then please just stop. I already know about that. I know it's inconvenient. However, I can't figure out how to make it scale to resolution. I'm at my wits end and nobody wants to actually help me with it, judging by the answer I got from the editing forum(which is to say, utter, crippling silence).
Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I've never actually seen you ask...did it get buried in the How Do I thread? I feel like you could use some assistance, in any case, so I will take a look at it soon. Assuming I can find it...
Silentdarkness12

wildweasel wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:Updated DarkHud to V4. Fixed it up and face-lifted it again.

Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I've never actually seen you ask...did it get buried in the How Do I thread? I feel like you could use some assistance, in any case, so I will take a look at it soon. Assuming I can find it...
I made a seperate thread asking about it.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52415

You're half correct. It DID get buried, just not in the How do I SBARINFO thread.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Having manually tracked down the download links and everything (I am blind, it turns out), I had a look at the file...and honestly, this is just way too much for me to look at. The SBARINFO is about half a megabyte in size just in pure code. I notice a lot of the DrawImages are set to forcescaled (why not set the statusbar itself to forcescaled?), and there are many assumptions about the resolution being correct that I don't honestly have any idea where to begin.

I know that Hideous Destructor is by no means a simple mod, and the amount of information the player needs close at hand is staggering, but I wonder if it'd be a better idea to start from scratch and keep it as simple as possible. Fullscreenoffsets is an excellent way to keep everything as resolution-independent as possible, and you can still anchor things to the center of the screen, as Vaecrius once showed me with the default HD statusbars.

And yes, I imagine that my post is of very little help, but I'm sorry that I am not able to do better.
Silentdarkness12

wildweasel wrote:(why not set the statusbar itself to forcescaled?)
...Nuts. That probably would have saved me a small amount of time.
wildweasel wrote:I know that Hideous Destructor is by no means a simple mod, and the amount of information the player needs close at hand is staggering, but I wonder if it'd be a better idea to start from scratch and keep it as simple as possible.
Not....not really......my brain physically hurts from the days on end it took to rewrite this bloody thing.

Also, if I wanted to keep it simple, I could simply just....not make this at all, and stick with the extremely simplified HUD that already comes with Hideous Destructor by default. The point of this is to have something more full-featured.
wildweasel wrote:Fullscreenoffsets is an excellent way to keep everything as resolution-independent as possible
I'm already doing this, actually. Fairly certain I have FullScreenOffsets set on this thing.
wildweasel wrote:you can still anchor things to the center of the screen, as Vaecrius once showed me with the default HD statusbars.
You know, I did actually try that a bit at first. I'm not convinced that stuff like this is actually helping me get it resolution-independent. I must be missing something here, because it still seems to be purely coordinate driven, just that it's starting to the center of the screen and not the corner.

For example, looking at line 264:

Code: Select all

DrawImage "15HUDBG",0+center,0+center,center;
It lines up perfectly in 1440x900. In every other resolution however, it does not.

I'm at a loss here. Should I even bother reposting this in How Do I SBARINFO?

I don't see how you would even make a hud that scales in the first place. It's dark magic!

EDIT: The real problem i'm having here, is that all of the HUD elements don't originate towards the center of the screen. They originate on the sides and top of the screen. I don't understand how they're supposed to retain their position, regardless of resolution. I've tried looking through Ultimate Doom Visor's SBARINFO for some clue, but I can't figure it out.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”