!!ATTENTION!! - Please Secure Your Passwords!

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: !!ATTENTION!! - Please Secure Your Passwords!

Post by Rachael »

I am not talking about past posts, though, just the queue.

@Graf: Here's DRD Team's queue: http://forum.drdteam.org/mcp.php?i=135

I left a post in there for you as an example. You should see that the post has a check box beside it. If I were to spam, you would be able to delete the whole list of those posts. You would have to be careful doing that, though.
Last edited by Rachael on Mon May 30, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Eruanna wrote:I am not talking about past posts, though, just the queue.
Somehow, the queue got completely bypassed, and I'm not sure how. If you know of any useful tactics to deploy from the admin side, you might get in touch with Randi via PM.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

wildweasel wrote:I did just find an option to Delete All Posts by User, which has worked in this specific instance but I wouldn't want to use it on an account that has made more than a handful of posts in the past, since it eradicates ALL of the posts.
sportakus1 did actually have posts before the account was hijacked.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Jimmy wrote:
wildweasel wrote:I did just find an option to Delete All Posts by User, which has worked in this specific instance but I wouldn't want to use it on an account that has made more than a handful of posts in the past, since it eradicates ALL of the posts.
sportakus1 did actually have posts before the account was hijacked.
I know that, and the loss is regrettable, but considering he only posted six times a few years ago, before the hijack...

Seriously, any better ideas that don't involve manually deleting 190+ posts, individually, bit by bit, to not delete the legit ones? Because that would have taken us literal hours of manual labor that would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

wildweasel wrote:Somehow, the queue got completely bypassed, and I'm not sure how. If you know of any useful tactics to deploy from the admin side, you might get in touch with Randi via PM.
Ah, I see. That would probably require SQL manipulations, and that's going to require software other than phpBB to access and manipulate.
wildweasel wrote:Seriously, any better ideas that don't involve manually deleting 190+ posts, individually, bit by bit, to not delete the legit ones? Because that would have taken us literal hours of manual labor that would have been better spent doing ANYTHING else.
I'll see if there are any mods that allow you to search posts by user and date and allow you to MCP the search results directly. If not, somebody will have to make one. ^_^
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I'll just leave this here: The troll logs in at around 15:00 GMT+3 and starts flooding at around 16:00 GMT+3. I've been watching him troll since his test post in Projects. The best course of action is banning him before the fallout.
The calculations are based on previous observation.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Lud wrote:I'll just leave this here: The troll logs in at around 15:00 GMT+3 and starts flooding at around 16:00 GMT+3. I've been watching him troll since his test post in Projects. The best course of action is banning him before the fallout.
The calculations are based on previous observation.
That'd be great if someone with moderator rights were actually around when it happened. I'm asking around about a few potential candidates at the moment.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I'm online all day and I swear on me mum I'd rather shoot myself in the leg than be of any harm or abuse my powers so you can trust me, that you can be sure of. I have previous experience in catching trollz/spambots. If Randi agrees, of course. I did ask once so I'd rather not bug with it any further without a good reason. Little goes unseen when I'm around, especially trolls. I do not mind being demoted when it's all over. Gonna be an honor to help out in any way I can.

EDIT: Alright, in all seriousness, I don't mind being a temporary mod at all, as long as the troll is dealt with. I'm willing to keep him at bay as much as I can. I really do wish to help you guys out however I can and I understand that you're skeptical of my abilities and trustworthiness. Can't really prove anything at this point, unfortunately. Lets just say I have a very, very personal reason to say the truth. It's a sad story, really.
Last edited by Accensus on Mon May 30, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

If I could make an assumption, most of the mods here are in the western part of the world, right? Should add some people who are on this side of the world, where it would be afternoon/evening, while the western mods are asleep. I vote Jimmy. :D
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I believe all current mods are American. We'd at least need one European and one Asian/Australian to cover all time zones and it'd have to be people who are frequently online, considering how active this person is...
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

My timezone's GMT+3 atm. 3 out of 4 times I happen to be online and watch as the troll spreads havoc. He's doing it at a time when I have nothing better to do than mod and watch the forums in the mean time. As for activeness, as long as I'm in front of the PC, I have ZDoom Forums open and I refresh them like every 3-5 minutes cause it's an OCD of mine.
Last edited by Accensus on Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

More posts (with replies) removed. Again: DO. NOT. ENGAGE.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Just put out a mass PM to make sure people know how to handle (and not handle) this situation.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Slax wrote:Just put out a mass PM to make sure people know how to handle (and not handle) this situation.
Ideally, an email would get sent to everybody about it, because a PM wouldn't reach everyone (especially if they don't visit the forums for years).
Rozy

Post by Rozy »

So how long does the post verification for previously inactive users last? It didn't look like anything happened to my account while I was gone. As far as I know at least.

Also it seems users with the little posting probation can post in this board in particular without the waiting period.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”