Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby wildweasel » Sat May 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Weapons only get crushed in doors if they've been dropped, IIRC.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby Nevander » Sun May 29, 2016 2:54 am

Update!

DOWNLOAD "Doom 64 Weapons" HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ggb2k ... 9-2016.ZIP
DOWNLOAD "Doom 64 Texture Pack and Palette" HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/14bp6 ... 9-2016.ZIP

Changes in the 5/29/2016 version:
- No weapons or items should be gibbed by crushers or doors.

As usual, please test and let me know of any other problems. The texture pack was taken out of Super Doom 64.
Nevander
Self-Banned User
 
Joined: 06 Jan 2014

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby Freaklore1 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:19 am

I must say Nevander i really dig this texture pack,but not just the textures,the color palette too is quite nice.

It makes the environments more rusty and metallic or castle/gothic,it's exactly what you would expect of Doom 64 and Quake.

As for the color palette,it's quite nice expecially since the enemies are also affected by the color change.
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Freaklore1
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2014

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby Nevander » Mon May 30, 2016 5:04 pm

I know right, that PLAYPAL and COLORMAP is awesome. Have you tried it with the vanilla Doom weapons? The Plasma Rifle colors when fired are incredible. Even vanilla Doom looks awesome with that new palette and colormap.
Nevander
Self-Banned User
 
Joined: 06 Jan 2014

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby durbdoogle » Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Wow, thanks for releasing the texture and palette mods. They really bring alot to this :mrgreen:
durbdoogle
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2015

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby osjclatchford » Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 am

this is great fun. goes well with...well everything map wise! lol... I added nashgore.wad to mine but had to re add in the gore for the chaingunner and shotgunners. :wink: also added shell ejection too cos I like that... but that's just me... its real fun to play wads like tnt or even doom2 with these weapons, textures and palette... whole new (yet old? :? ) feeling to it all...

one thing I might suggest though, if I may, is using a_recoil on the ssg to make it even more like it was in doom64 and a_quake (or something similar)on the chaingun to replicate the camerashake that's missing too... just food for thought is all...
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby durbdoogle » Tue May 31, 2016 8:36 am

osjclatchford wrote:this is great fun. goes well with...well everything map wise! lol... I added nashgore.wad to mine but had to re add in the gore for the chaingunner and shotgunners. :wink: also added shell ejection too cos I like that... but that's just me... its real fun to play wads like tnt or even doom2 with these weapons, textures and palette... whole new (yet old? :? ) feeling to it all...

one thing I might suggest though, if I may, is using a_recoil on the ssg to make it even more like it was in doom64 and a_quake (or something similar)on the chaingun to replicate the camerashake that's missing too... just food for thought is all...


You added nashgore to this and shell casings to this? Mind sharing how you did it or sharing the wad for it?
durbdoogle
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2015

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby Freaklore1 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:07 am

Well when me and Nevander talked about how the weapons would work,i suggested putting no recoil to make the guns more fitted for vanilla gameplay,go check the other thread wich you will find the link in the first post,it will explain everything.

Also about the chaingun,im not sure it's a good idea to add a camera shake effect,not because of the 'look' it will give but because of the reliability of the weapon.

The Uzi is already a better choice than the chaingun if you use the wad with the additional weapons because it is more acurate for hitting targets at a longer distance,while the chaingun bullets spread a bit more unless you shoot in small bursts.

So adding a camera shake or recoil would make the chaingun even less reliable.

edit: it's ok if you want to add some stuffs to this mod to better fit your taste,but the mod is quite fine the way it is now.It's a simple D64 weapons mod with vanilla behaviour,adding other stuffs would be a bit too much and break the purpose of the planned weapons behaviour
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Freaklore1
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2014

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby osjclatchford » Tue May 31, 2016 9:11 am

durbdoogle wrote:...You added nashgore to this and shell casings to this? Mind sharing how you did it or sharing the wad for it?


I don't mind sharing the pk3 But will currently not because, as yet, do not have permission to do so. because, as yet, I've not asked for it due to the fact I figured noone would want such a slight addon for what is already a 'solid' mod... :shock:
however
if ok with Freaklore1 and nevander then sure I guess? :wink:

*edit*
Freaklore1 wrote:Well when me and Nevander talked about how the weapons would work,i suggested putting no recoil to make the guns more fitted for the vanilla gameplay,go check the other thread wich you will find the link in the first post,it will explain everything.

ok get this point
Freaklore1 wrote:...So adding a camera shake or recoil would make the chaingun even less reliable.

but this I disagree on personally. I've done it and I works fine and has very little effect on the effectiveness tbh

still, stick to your guns (pun intended). suggestions are just that. only a suggestion. If its not how you want it then so be it...
Last edited by osjclatchford on Tue May 31, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby Freaklore1 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:18 am

I dont mind if you share that slight modification as long as it's separate from the original mod,you'll also need to wait for Nevander authorisation.
User avatar
Freaklore1
 
Joined: 19 Mar 2014

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby osjclatchford » Tue May 31, 2016 9:23 am

Freaklore1 wrote:I dont mind if you share that slight modification as long as it's separate from the original mod,you'll also need to wait for Nevander authorisation.

ok understood. tbh I wasn't intending to do so at all as its a bit poor taste in the official thread of the original mod to start slapping ad-ons in left right and centre. I probably would not like it... still I guess its been done before on things and I've been the guilty party then too... (trailblazer :oops:) easy to get overexcited about personal preferences and want to share LOL

the additions I've made are to put nashgore.wad in the start of the load order (after lud's custom difficulty mod, of course :wink: ), then the weapons, textures and palette files, then my little d64fix.pk3 at the end as it works via crude overwriting and inheritance...
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby durbdoogle » Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 am

Whoops, forgot to add "with mod authors' permission first" to my post. :oops: I think it's good to have a few options open for slight mods to mods. Nothing crazy though. As stated the mod is incredibly solid as is :)
durbdoogle
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2015

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Postby Nevander » Tue May 31, 2016 12:54 pm

osjclatchford wrote:
durbdoogle wrote:...You added nashgore to this and shell casings to this? Mind sharing how you did it or sharing the wad for it?

I don't mind sharing the pk3 But will currently not because, as yet, do not have permission to do so. because, as yet, I've not asked for it due to the fact I figured noone would want such a slight addon for what is already a 'solid' mod... :shock:
however
if ok with Freaklore1 and nevander then sure I guess? :wink:

Hey I'm all for adding more awesome stuff to it! What I would actually like the most is the shell casings. I like the way that the PSX Doom TC does this.

Another thing that I like is the reverb effect. I'd like to try to apply that effect universally to any map if possible, as to be optionally used with this mod as well.

Making various addons for this mod is a great idea so it's all fine by me. Make and release what you'd like! :wink:
Nevander
Self-Banned User
 
Joined: 06 Jan 2014

OSJC's DooM64 add-on pack - 31st may 2016

Postby osjclatchford » Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 pm

so be it!
https://www.mediafire.com/?ynzlnk8f2pdov4d
enjoy... wont spoil all the new stuff surprises
Spoiler:
openly... :wink:

includes nashgore.wad too for those that don't have it yet...
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: OSJC's DooM64 add-on pack - 31st may 2016

Postby durbdoogle » Tue May 31, 2016 4:26 pm

osjclatchford wrote:so be it!
https://www.mediafire.com/?ynzlnk8f2pdov4d
enjoy... wont spoil all the new stuff surprises
Spoiler:
openly... :wink:

includes nashgore.wad too for those that don't have it yet...


Oh man, this is great! Big thanks to you for doing this and also big thanks to Nevander and Freaklore1 for making it possible :)
durbdoogle
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BROS_ETT_311 and 7 guests