What the hell is happening with the trolls latelly?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
FaggoStorm

What the hell is happening with the trolls latelly?

Post by FaggoStorm »

Im not sure if this is the right place too put this question, that I should put it in another place of the foruns or if I should even ask this.

What is happening with the trolls lately? Why are they trying SO HARD to get banned? If you create a account on a forum, you probably want that account to last long, and also respect the rules.

Also, what's ban evasion?
Gez

Re: What the hell is happening with the trolls latelly?

Post by Gez »

Ban evasion is when you register a new account after having been banned.
wooze

Post by wooze »

FaggoStorm wrote:Im not sure if this is the right place too put this question, that I should put it in another place of the foruns or if I should even ask this.

What is happening with the trolls lately? Why are they trying SO HARD to get banned? If you create a account on a forum, you probably want that account to last long, and also respect the rules.

Also, what's ban evasion?
One of the staff told me that this problem is connected with zandronum people. There is some huge issue going on behind us users. The forum is not that safe place it used to be.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

People always told me that the Zandronum players are a bunch of idiots. Looks like they weren't wrong.

I don't think this troll isssue is affecting the safety of the foruns. Could you explain that last part?
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Yeah I was on my way to the Projects forum but then I got mugged!
Dagger147

Post by Dagger147 »

Totaly not suprised me. Zandronum scum people trying to take over. I remember playing on zandronum and they always repeated how great and superior they are to all other ports. This hate to zdeamon that made them ddos their servers. This disrespect to odamex. Claim how they are taking over zdoom slowly and basically soon no other ports will have sens.

Why? Why do they hate everything that is not theirs? Why this sick lust of power?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Y'wanna get any more melodramatic, guy?

It's probably just one or two guys, occasionally checking old, abandoned accounts for easily-guessable passwords. I wouldn't shart your shorts over it.

EDIT: Oh, hello, first post in three years on an account that's only posted once before.
Gez

Post by Gez »

FaggoStorm wrote:Im not sure if this is the right place too put this question, that I should put it in another place of the foruns or if I should even ask this.

wooze wrote:One of the staff told me that this problem is connected with zandronum people. There is some huge issue going on behind us users. The forum is not that safe place it used to be.
Dagger147 wrote:Totaly not suprised me. Zandronum scum people trying to take over. I remember playing on zandronum and they always repeated how great and superior they are to all other ports. This hate to zdeamon that made them ddos their servers. This disrespect to odamex. Claim how they are taking over zdoom slowly and basically soon no other ports will have sens.

Why? Why do they hate everything that is not theirs? Why this sick lust of power?
Is this performance art? Are you an improv theater troupe?
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Gez wrote:

wooze wrote:One of the staff told me that this problem is connected with zandronum people. There is some huge issue going on behind us users. The forum is not that safe place it used to be.
Dagger147 wrote:Totaly not suprised me. Zandronum scum people trying to take over. I remember playing on zandronum and they always repeated how great and superior they are to all other ports. This hate to zdeamon that made them ddos their servers. This disrespect to odamex. Claim how they are taking over zdoom slowly and basically soon no other ports will have sens.

Is this performance art? Are you an improv theater troupe?
WOW WAIT

Why did you quote me there? I just asked something. Im not being dramatic.

You can say what you want, but saying that im being dramatic about it is just stupid. A question is just a question.
Kinsie wrote:Y'wanna get any more melodramatic, guy?

It's probably just one or two guys, occasionally checking old, abandoned accounts for easily-guessable passwords. I wouldn't shart your shorts over it.

EDIT: Oh, hello, first post in three years on an account that's only posted once before.
Damn. I ask a simple question and I am bombarded with people saying that im being dramatic.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Believe it or not, NONE of the people who have posted in this thread are the same people as each other. And I'm not sure it has anything to do with Zandronum, either. Whatever the case may be, let us moderators handle it as it happens.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Whoever they are they seem to have a vendetta on this forum and the recent hacking attacks have something to do with this right now.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

4thcharacter wrote:Whoever they are they seem to have a vendetta on this forum and the recent hacking attacks have something to do with this right now.
What gets me is that they're seemingly not trying to do any real damage. None of the accounts they've gotten into (assuming it's the same person) have been anybody important, and the most they've done with said accounts is be idiots.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

That's because the important people's passwords aren't from 1 to 8. If a mod's account gets hacked, heaven forbid, we might all suffer a ban to the face.
kodi

Post by kodi »

I suspect the guy(s) doing this has username and password combinations taken from, say, a mirror of the old skulltag forums which he managed to crack or something. Most of these trolls have registered in that era right?

If the zdoom forum itsel had been compromised I think the effects would be more apparent, like previously stated.
and the most they've done with said accounts is be idiots.
This is indeed the weirdest part of it all :-?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Who knows? Maybe it's just an idiot who has found some automated way to find users whose password is 'password' or similar obvious stuff...

Return to “General”