DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10 22H2, Win11 22H2, macOS 11.7
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by wildweasel »

Tanksy wrote:
Kaeoschassis wrote:Yeah my brother and I play DRLA together semi-frequently. Granted we live basically next-door to eachother, but still, it works fine. And, might I add, it's a blast.
How do you do this? Would you mind explaining a bit to me so I can try it with my friends?
You may be interested in this guide.
wiki101

Post by wiki101 »

4thcharacter wrote:
wiki101 wrote:I wanted to report one of the soldiers locks in neverending loop in some situations.

Please fix this 3 days from now me and friends plan to have a night playing doom with this mod.

This mod, unlike most mods this one doesn't update that often to fix some single broken stuff. Also you could be more specific with that. It works fine on my and most others' end. The mod's author's gonna release some update soon so if there's really a problem it can be fixed before the release.

Try using an official release of Zdoom/GZdoom, if you're using a latest devbuild that could be the reason you're seeing those.
WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?
My fucking social reputation depends on this. i have ALREADY TOLD them it will be fixed. Now You tell me to ruin the party because the lazy guy just drops his project and than gets back to it.

What is there to be specific. Take all monsters and check all situations they can get in. Than you will have it. I think it was happening with a smaller monster.

I am not talking about soon update here. We have three days! Three days to make it work. I am using stable version you don't even try to rout discussion in that direction I KNOW what I am doing. Son.

Listen people maybe I was not clear about this. But this MUST be done in three days. Just contact author and help him fix the bug as i said -> small monster loops.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Post by wildweasel »

wiki101 wrote:WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?
My fucking social reputation depends on this. i have ALREADY TOLD them it will be fixed. Now You tell me to ruin the party because the lazy guy just drops his project and than gets back to it.

What is there to be specific. Take all monsters and check all situations they can get in. Than you will have it. I think it was happening with a smaller monster.

I am not talking about soon update here. We have three days! Three days to make it work. I am using stable version you don't even try to rout discussion in that direction I KNOW what I am doing. Son.

Listen people maybe I was not clear about this. But this MUST be done in three days. Just contact author and help him fix the bug as i said -> small monster loops.
I don't care what your social reputation depends on, you do not get to make demands of people who are working for free. Keep up this kind of attitude and you'll find yourself with no forum access whatsoever, and probably more importantly to you, nothing to do in three days.
wiki101

Post by wiki101 »

wildweasel wrote:
wiki101 wrote:WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?

I don't care what your social reputation depends on, you do not get to make demands of people who are working for free. Keep up this kind of attitude and you'll find yourself with no forum access whatsoever, and probably more importantly to you, nothing to do in three days.
I am trying to solve this peacefully, so a friendly warning if you will try to provoke me next time I will just report this. And you my friend might get in big trouble.

You are moderator you should be rather asking now people out there to gather and help the moder to fix issue. I thought we all want here working code. And now you jump on me like if I murder someone.

And yes i demand the moder to move and fix this. Me and my friends want to play in next 3 days. I am not going to look bad in their eyes because of someones mistakes.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Post by wildweasel »

wiki101 wrote:I am trying to solve this peacefully, so a friendly warning if you will try to provoke me next time I will just report this. And you my friend might get in big trouble.

You are moderator you should be rather asking now people out there to gather and help the moder to fix issue. I thought we all want here working code. And now you jump on me like if I murder someone.

And yes i demand the moder to move and fix this. Me and my friends want to play in next 3 days. I am not going to look bad in their eyes because of someones mistakes.
Sorry, buddy, but these people work from the goodness of their hearts, on their own schedules, and get no payment or kickbacks for appeasing the demands of the unreasonable. You're being very rude and disrespectful here. You've had your account for two years now, so you really don't have an excuse.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

wiki101 wrote:I am not going to look bad in their eyes because of someones mistakes.
That's quite impressive how you worry about looking bad in their eyes, when you are pretty much looking like a complete jerk to the entire forums currently. Quite ironic.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

wiki101 wrote:[abysmal attitude]
Is...is this some sort of elaborate joke or troll? It...it has to be, right?

Anyways, troll or not, he had me LOLing when he said he'll get Wildweasel in trouble. Priceless!
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

wiki101 wrote:
WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?

If your social reputation's going to be destroyed by a bug in a mod then you need some new friends. Also, you're the only one that's having this kind of problem and anyone else here is okay with this mod. And everyone reports bugs here by being specific and descriptive even to the tiniest detail. You were still weren't being specific and what you said has gotten us nowhere. Tell us what the monster is, what it looks like or what it does. Because if you do then someone here may show up with a work-around.

Also, this reminds me of the try-hard troll on Hideous Destructor. Is this some attempt at evading a ban?
Last edited by 4thcharacter on Wed May 18, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Post by wildweasel »

KILLER2 wrote:Anyways, troll or not, he had me LOLing when he said he'll get Wildweasel in trouble. Priceless!
Yeah I really don't know what he plans to do, considering it's not like I'm doing anything flat-out illegal. I can't imagine that reporting me to any serious authority would garner anything more than a shrug, or perhaps a "maybe you shouldn't have done that."
Is this some attempt at evading a ban?
Well...nothing stood out from IP and email checks, but I could dig deeper, I suppose.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

he's going to ruin your social reputation in front of all your friends by claiming you didn't want the looping soldier (???) fixed!

anyway I'm done shitting on this thread, my apologies.

DoomRL is a great mod and I really hope people are not misled by ignorant posts such as those and give it a well deserved try.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

muh loop experience ;_;
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

wildweasel wrote:You may be interested in this guide.
i'm ashamed to admit i never saw this before despite being stickied. >>;
wiki101

Post by wiki101 »

Do you people think someone pays me money to solve this? I PROMISED THEM it will work i had this working fine and than this one monster started to enter endless loop. You can not imagine how horrified I was to discover that our plan of a birthday - doom party will ruin such a minor bug but yes still a bug. I come here with best intention and I end up meeting a wall of misunderstanding. No empathy, no respect just we and our free work that everyone has to accept even if it is on very low quality.

Yes a very low quality at least at bug fixing. I did not want to judge, but I am judging here.

(A warn has been issued for this post. You've been warned a few times to knock off the attitude. Put things in perspective: you're not being paid, the mod author is not being paid, the bug is ultimately pretty minor and it's not worth getting bent out of shape about this. Please just calm yourself and consider how your posts are coming across. -ww)
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

what is happening
don't usually see this kind of stuff from people with 3 year old accounts
Nightfall

Post by Nightfall »

wiki101 wrote:I PROMISED THEM it will work
That's on you. Maybe you shouldn't promise things like that.
wiki101 wrote:i had this working fine and than this one monster started to enter endless loop.
That still doesn't exactly qualify as a bug report. You haven't specified which monster it is and when it is entering this kind of state.
wiki101 wrote:doom party will ruin such a minor bug but yes still a bug.
You admit it's minor, but claim it's going to ruin your party? What?
wiki101 wrote:I come here with best intention
That hasn't been exactly very apparent from your posting.
wiki101 wrote:I end up meeting a wall of misunderstanding.
We're understanding you pretty well. You're demanding the mod author to fix a minor bug so that your birthday party doesn't get "ruined". You even gave him a time limit, how low is that?
wiki101 wrote:No empathy, no respect
Yeah how come we can't respect people who show up with unreasonable demands?
wiki101 wrote:just we and our free work that everyone has to accept even if it is on very low quality.
"we"? You're not involved in making this mod.
wiki101 wrote:Yes a very low quality at least at bug fixing. I did not want to judge, but I am judging here.
The only low quality I'm seeing here is your English skills. And you're most certainly no one to judge.

Wildweasel put it best, if it's so minor it's nothing getting worth riled up about. And if it is then maybe your friends aren't actually so friendly.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”