[17-03-17] ZERO TOLERANCE UPGRADE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should certain weapons be re-balanced?

No, leave the weapons as-is
9%
Yes, certain weapons should be rebalanced
28%
Yes, but make the rebalance controlled by CVAR
64%

Total votes: 69

faslrn

Re: [V1.1] ZERO TOLERANCE 2016

Post by faslrn »

Doctrine Dark wrote:Worked in Ultimate Doom but with some bugs
remember that certain maps do not automatically opened to pass the level, something like that
long ago, I can not remember right
Think it might be the missing A_BossDeath on some of the monsters like Spider Mastermind and Cyber because of the Nash gore add-on. It replaces the Death state but that function is missing.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

I'll have to have a look at some point today. If I find that it is broken then I'll fix it. Just hold on tight.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

faslrn wrote:
Doctrine Dark wrote:Worked in Ultimate Doom but with some bugs
remember that certain maps do not automatically opened to pass the level, something like that
long ago, I can not remember right
Think it might be the missing A_BossDeath on some of the monsters like Spider Mastermind and Cyber because of the Nash gore add-on. It replaces the Death state but that function is missing.
It was just that, killing a boss, he was arrested at the stage without passing level (I was lost all grace to play)

While the bugs are fixed thanks for revivier this great mod Mikk
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

So it seems that the Cyberdemon & Spider Mastermind did not execute their death specials. So that's done. I'll hold off on releasing v1.2 because I want to sort some more things out

I've also added a CVAR so the player can choose to obtain the Flak Cannon & Raiden Rifle weapons in Ultimate Doom, they have a 15% chance to spawn in place of the Susan Pistol & Bouncer HMG respectively. I have also experimented with vertical recoil/muzzle climb. However, I'm not pleased with the result so if anyone has any ideas on this one please post a code snippet.

Also, I have started working on weapon balance tweaks, so far (optionally) the Bouncer HMG's shots always pierce their targets, but deal slightly less damage. The Flak Cannon's shots are now more spread out and random, as opposed to the flat spread it had previously. I'll change something with the Xan Rifle (maybe increase the chance it will fire a red projectie or just more projectiles in general). Was also thinking of making the Prophet Pistol fire as fast as the player can tap but that might make the Dual Prophets seem less useful. If anyone else can think of any weapon tweaks (or any suggestions) they'd like to see, please drop your opinion here in this thread!
Machalite

Post by Machalite »

The top-left corner of the HUD obscures the kills/secrets stats while you have the map open, and the top-right corner covers up your time just as well. If you can't prevent the map from cuing the fullscreen HUD, would you consider adding the level stats to that empty part in the top-left corner? It'd be appropriate, and the more I think about it, the more I notice the lack of anything useful there.

Really liking what you're doing. Balance was always my grievance with Zero Tolerance, so to see someone address it is cool.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm pretty sure you could have an edited version of the hud for when you bring up the fullscreen automap. i remember Psychic doing that.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

That's fixed in v1.2, the full screen graphics don't appear when viewing the Automap. Adding anything to the top-left corner would be tough because that's where messages default to (unless you have centered messages). I should have something together by tomorrow for a v1.2 release, just gotta sort a few things make sure there's no glitches.
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

Small unimportant problem: The biogun's idle sound isn't present. When switched in it just stops abruptly, and when switched out it sounds like it powered out of an idle sound.

Also, maybe for the Xan rifle you can make it shoots two projectiles at the same time. Those two projectiles could be smaller and slightly less damaging.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Biogun? You mean the Prometheus? I've flicked through all the weapons and they all have their startup, idle and lowering sounds.

Also I've added Weapon Recoil (controllable via CVAR, of course) to v1.2, started work on some Brightmaps but not all will be in 1.2. Tweaked some dynamic lights, added some for the Barrels and Rad Bonuses, Xan Rifle projectiles also. Balance tweaks are coming along nicely, the best weapon to receive an update will be the Xan Rifle; I'll probably mess around with how the projectiles function in rebalance mode.

What would you think of (optional) extra enemies? Such as enemies which use an arsenal similar to yours? Susan Arachnotrons, Flak Cannon Revenants, Flaregun Zombies, Xan Rifle Spider Masterminds & Prometheus Cyberdemons? I mean these are mainly joke suggestions but some could work, haha
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

Mikk- wrote:What would you think of (optional) extra enemies? Such as enemies which use an arsenal similar to yours? Susan Arachnotrons, Flak Cannon Revenants, Flaregun Zombies, Xan Rifle Spider Masterminds & Prometheus Cyberdemons? I mean these are mainly joke suggestions but some could work, haha
That sounds scary, dude.
DO EET.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

I'm giving this a play, good job with the update so far! I've noticed a few small bugs.
If you altfire to reload the Xanadu, Raiden, Bouncer, or Genova, it'll put up an error message saying "Jump target 'WeaponReady' not found in [weapon]"
It's not game-breaking or anything and the weapons still reload so no big deal.
Machalite

Post by Machalite »

One of the Democyte's attacks (the circular pattern of fireballs with one in the center) is not adjusted for aim along the up-and-down axis. The rest of its attacks don't seem to have this problem.

In addition to the Susan pistol, the Genova, Xanadu, Prometheus, and the black hole gun's alt-fire all suffer from their projectiles hitting geometry on your right if you're flush with it. Random fact: this is still the only mod I've played that has this problem.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Okay so I've fixed the Democyte's Ring attack aiming problem & I've fixed the 'Jump Target Not Found' glitch. The only problem now is the weapons shooting the walls. I can't seem to make anything look right. If I make the aim offset 0 then it looks like the gun isn't actually shooting any projectiles. Anything greater than 0 seems to make the projectiles hit walls when too close. I'm wracking my brain thinking how to fix this.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Mikk- wrote:So it seems that the Cyberdemon & Spider Mastermind did not execute their death specials.
I spent a lot of time outside, this bug has been fixed? Will now download to check the news.
Mikk-

Re: [17-03-17] ZERO TOLERANCE UPGRADE

Post by Mikk- »

Bump for update - made some new changes and fixes
I also replaced the dropbox link with a shiny new google drive link
downloab here

Return to “Gameplay Mods”