Brutal Wolfenstein 3D 6.0-"Confrontation" Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ÑóẊîöʼn

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein v4.5[Update]

Post by ÑóẊîöʼn »

I like this mod! But there is an issue with the default HUD: the health counter is off-screen to the left. The only way to fix that that I can find is using the alternative HUD, but I'd rather not do that because it's fugly.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

ÑóẊîöʼn wrote:I like this mod! But there is an issue with the default HUD: the health counter is off-screen to the left. The only way to fix that that I can find is using the alternative HUD, but I'd rather not do that because it's fugly.
I sayd bilions of time that the default HUD is compatible only with the 16:9 screen ratio.
ÑóẊîöʼn

Post by ÑóẊîöʼn »

ZioMcCall wrote:I sayd bilions of time that the default HUD is compatible only with the 16:9 screen ratio.
Where did you say this exactly? I seem to have missed it.

I really think it's something you should look into fixing, because it's a shame to have such a promising mod be crippled by what I would call a rather basic oversight.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

For the new version,i deleted the old old-school hud for replace it with this.Must be a mix between the historic Wolf 3D hud with the new one of "The new Order".
And this,IS OFFICIALY compatible with all resolutions and screen ratios

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

The HUD looks so cool. Can't wait for v5.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:The HUD looks so cool. Can't wait for v5.
Thanks mate.V 5.0 will have a lot of new features.I hope to release it in 4 months.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Are there gonna be Brutalized Spear of Destiny levels along with Mission Packs ,,Return to Danger'' and ,,The ultimate Challenge''?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Are there gonna be Brutalized Spear of Destiny levels along with Mission Packs ,,Return to Danger'' and ,,The ultimate Challenge''?
There will be an another one only for Spear of destiny.
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

Would you be able to incorporate the soldiers from Brutal Dooms "Wolfenstein" remake?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

eyesoftheworld94 wrote:Would you be able to incorporate the soldiers from Brutal Dooms "Wolfenstein" remake?
I put them in the old v4.0,but they are out of the style of Brutal Wolfenstein.I replaced them with the modern TruppFuhrer(Aka SOD ss).
Typanoid

Post by Typanoid »

Just wanted to pipe in and say that I really enjoyed this mod. Weapons have a good, powerful feel to them, nice reload animations and sounds and the enemies are fairly challenging while still being easy enough to defeat to make you feel powerful. I also really liked the touch with making the MG42 into a Brutality bonus-making weapon that can sometimes help you regain some health in a bind.

I also really like how powerful and scary you managed to make the bosses. Bastards can kill your really fast and make you stay on your toes.

I do have a fair amount of issues with the gameplay design though, but I'll focus mostly on the ones that I feel are more of practical concern.

As others have mentioned, the officers' grenade throwing ability is a bit overpowered. I do like that they have the ability to toss a grenade and them shouting "Grenade!" when they're about to throw it is a good way to warn the player, however, with such a powerful weapon in the hands of a non-Boss enemy, I would suggest implementing a few "weaknesses".
As it is now, I feel it explodes too soon - maybe make it bounce a bit (with recognizable bounce sounds to further warn the player that there's a grenade in the vicinity) and have more delay before it explodes.
Maybe make the grenade graphics larger, so they're easier to spot; this goes for the player's own grenades also as I've managed to blow myself up a couple of times, because I couldn't see the actual grenade lying on the ground next to me. For something like this, I prefer exaggerated sizes for the sake of gameplay functionality over realism and believability.

I find the weapon balance (at least in version 4.5) to be all over the place. The k98 and M1 rifles occupy slot 5 and while they are powerful, I found the MG42 (slot 4) and most of the submachineguns (slot 3) to be more effective weapons in most situations, because these weapons were effective both when dealing with single enemies and with larger crowds, while the slot 5 rifles kinda requires you to be far away from the enemy and your aim to be more precise).
I would suggest putting the single-shot rifles under slot 4 and the MG42 under slot 5

Also, I would really consider putting the more powerful assault rifles (STG 44, Las Rojas machinegun) in the same slot as the MG42, as having something like 4 weapons under one weapon slot is rather irritating to sift through (I think a maximum of 3 weapons under one weapon slot would be tolerable), especially in situations where you want a specific weapon quickly, not to mention that the effectiveness and firepower of some of those weapons is closer to the that of the MG42.

Overall though, I had a lot of fun playing the mod and I look forward to seeing what improvements you're going to implement in time :)
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

For those that dont like violence on dogs like clownman,i've got an idea.

Why not make BJ hold a dog then use a cloth soaked in chloroform to make it unconscious for the entire rest of the level,would that be okay for a...well...'fatality' ?
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

While i dont mind if there wasnt any super shotgun,a model 12 trench gun on the other hand would be nice.

It was used both in World War 1 and World War 2.

And i think it was the first shotgun to use 'pump action'.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/748 ... 04A6E32CA0

There are many versions,some are shorter,some can have 4 shells inside while some can carry 6 shells.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

Everybody else thinking about "Project Wolftlity"? :)
xmezyyy

Post by xmezyyy »

How do i install Brutal Wolfenstein? i have the brutal doom hellonearth starter pack

Return to “Gameplay Mods”