[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

OK, I'll take E1M8 for block 1 & 3 and I'll take E1M1 for the 4th block as well. Now once I figure out how to DL stuff on the FTP I'll be started. I don't get asked for a password or uername.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Password and Username is just for upload and updating the online files, get them from Krillancello (same goes to Vile1011 and Bloodskull)
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Ok, it just keeps telling me that I can't access the folder and that apparently the connection with the server was reset. Odd. I'm using IE. I tried getting the stuff for it to work on the site Krill sent me but I can't find any Dl links on the page. :?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Use the power of FTP Tools, for instance "WS_FTP_LE", it is simple, free and fast :)
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Tormentor667 wrote:Okay, I updated the list of participants and slots right now and assigned NMN to the title map!
Waa?
O_o
/me starts working real hard.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Torm, you updated the list all wrong for me... You put me in for M10/M3 on week 1. I picked 2 maps for the 2 weeks.
Risen wrote:I would like M10 and M3 for detailing.
I would like M1 for gameplay.
I am very good with co-op scripting and M8 needs the most work for that, so I'll take it.
I'll do finalizing for M6.

I'd also like to have another chance on M7 sometime before it goes live.

Oh, and more thing:
02-24 is my birthday, and what a wonderful present it would be to release it then! :)
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

OK, I tried that FTP job Torm, I'm just trying to figure out how to connect. I've entered all the stuff into the password, account, user id, profile name and address boxes (I think I did it right) and it refuses to connect to the ftp.:oops:
Last edited by Ninja_of_DooM on Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Tormentor667 wrote: @woolie wool - The shots are not bad but the style and level of detail is not what we need, I am sorry!
First of all, Crimson Sky's style is sort of "Shores of Hell" look. I would use a different aesthetic style for an E1 wad. Any decent mapper can use different styles for different maps. Second, I'm not sure what's "what you need", but 5,000 linedefs and 1,000 sectors for PART of a level is a considerable amount of detail.

God damn it, I try and try and no one is satisfied. All those details seem easy to do in theory, but you have to guess a lot of things and you can't see what you're making while you're making it, and the editor will always fuck up the sector assignments. And God help you if your room has a lot of diagonal surfaces.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Damn, what about Creditsmap now that Bio is out?

BTW-considering the Titlemap-am I free to explore all new posibilities and such?
Risen

Post by Risen »

If Bio won't do the credits, I possess the necessary skill. However, I'd much rather someone else (Bio or otherwise) did it so I had more time to work on the maps that are actually played.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

btw-considering the Titlemap and intro. Is the INTRO I plan to be included in the Titlemap, or as the first map after the player started new game? (in the latter case the titlemap would simply be a flyby I would have to plan...)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - Yes you are, the TITLEMAP is up to you, so do your best ;) About the CREDITSMAP, I have no idea right now, ... this is the worst thing at all!

@Risen - Fixed, better now?

@NoD - Send me a screenshot of your connection window in WS_FTP_LE so I see what you have out in and whats wrong/right (except the hidden password)

@Woolie - Well, this is the only thing I can say because I just can consider what I have seen here, nothing else, and if I don't think that this will be what we need, I can't assign you. But - considering the fact, that we have still one week left until the start of Round 3 - build a heavy detailed and innovative E1 room (or two) in the KDiZD style (maybe use our resource wad, is still available somewhere) present us some screenshots and then I will reconsider. Is that a fair deal?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Nmn wrote:btw-considering the Titlemap and intro. Is the INTRO I plan to be included in the Titlemap, or as the first map after the player started new game? (in the latter case the titlemap would simply be a flyby I would have to plan...)
Well, I have actually no idea... if you have enough time for this and if it doesn't interfer with Risens Intermission settings, I am ok with an INTRO map, otherwise, build the intro into the TITLEMAP itself (as NoD has done this with his TNT-like map!)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Thx, :oops: I haven't play Ninja's Map, downloading rite now. I'll have to donate more time to KDIZD. Remember to bump me often via PM's or Mails. so I keep my tracks.

ATTN:
However is working at E1m3 at the moment-ellmo conatcted me that he IS out, but he will donate his efforts on this map. Whoever is working on it-hold Yourselves and work on something else ATM I kindly ask ya. He needs to wrap a script for that other project and with the map I'll recieve it. Then You will have less work :)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Woolie Wool wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote: @woolie wool - The shots are not bad but the style and level of detail is not what we need, I am sorry!
First of all, Crimson Sky's style is sort of "Shores of Hell" look. I would use a different aesthetic style for an E1 wad. Any decent mapper can use different styles for different maps. Second, I'm not sure what's "what you need", but 5,000 linedefs and 1,000 sectors for PART of a level is a considerable amount of detail.

God damn it, I try and try and no one is satisfied. All those details seem easy to do in theory, but you have to guess a lot of things and you can't see what you're making while you're making it, and the editor will always fsck up the sector assignments. And God help you if your room has a lot of diagonal surfaces.

Well, first off, I suggest you take torm up on his offer :P. Secondly, he is not trying to put you down. All he is saying is that he needs mappers he knows have done expert detailing for a long time, as in they are VERY good at it. He is not trying to say you're not good enough, but that the detailing skills you possess are not the specific ones he is looking for.

But do take him up on his offer, I would like to see how this comes out, plus it can earn you a spot on the detailing areas of KDIZD :P

Return to “Levels”