Ultimate DoomVisor

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
saegiru

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

Post by saegiru »

New version is out! Check the link on the first page of this thread and grab it! :) All the fixes I could find, plus some new features!
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

I have a problem with it. I played it with Starter Pack, but when i got to the Wolfenstein level, there were no Nazis, but Scythe 2 Plasmagunners. Fix it, pls.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:I have a problem with it. I played it with Starter Pack, but when i got to the Wolfenstein level, there were no Nazis, but Scythe 2 Plasmagunners. Fix it, pls.
That's not connected to UDV, that's been changed from something in Brutal Doom v20b. Load it up without UDV and see for yourself. :)
QuakedoomNukem Cz

saegiru wrote:
QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:I have a problem with it. I played it with Starter Pack, but when i got to the Wolfenstein level, there were no Nazis, but Scythe 2 Plasmagunners. Fix it, pls.
That's not connected to UDV, that's been changed from something in Brutal Doom v20b. Load it up without UDV and see for yourself. :)
I actually know that, but it's actually my personal favorite. :cry:
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:
saegiru wrote:
I actually know that, but it's actually my personal favorite. :cry:
You might try messaging Sgt. Mark himself... he'd be better equipped to fix it. I'm honestly not sure what is causing it... because if you load his hell on earth levels, it loads the nazis in there.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Well, maybe some patch by Mark will be actually good, at all normally with Basic HUd by Mark, it runs normally. Probably some screw-up.
Genisys

Post by Genisys »

Great HUD! I would like to have the Skills Menu centered, not up in the left corner. Any advice on how to achieve this? Is it any option that I can set in mapinfo or menudef?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Just realized something that's been missing from visors in Doom- Doomguy face just barely reflected off the visor. If it's not in there I'll probably tweak it myself at some point.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

DoomRater wrote:Just realized something that's been missing from visors in Doom- Doomguy face just barely reflected off the visor. If it's not in there I'll probably tweak it myself at some point.
If you find a good way to implement it, let me know. So far I haven't found a good way myself.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

DoomRater wrote:Just realized something that's been missing from visors in Doom- Doomguy face just barely reflected off the visor. If it's not in there I'll probably tweak it myself at some point.
Actually, I found a way I think. Grab the new download from the moddb link on the first page of this thread, and let me know what you think of it. It is toggleable off/on and is turned off by default.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Like I said on moddb, this is amazing and I'm really happy to see you're still updating this!
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Max Dickings wrote:Like I said on moddb, this is amazing and I'm really happy to see you're still updating this!
Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. I get inspired in bursts it seems. :D
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

So I enabled face reflection but I don't actually see it. Is it supposed to look like how it appears mostly in Toy Story 2 (how I envisioned it to look), or some other way?
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

DoomRater wrote:So I enabled face reflection but I don't actually see it. Is it supposed to look like how it appears mostly in Toy Story 2 (how I envisioned it to look), or some other way?
Not sure what that means, but it will randomly show up faintly between every 30 seconds and 2 minutes. It's very subtle, if you want to see it the most clearly, go to an area like the starting corridor of Doom 2 MAP01 and look at the dark wall. Wait a little bit and you will see it.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Ahh, no that's not what I meant actually. I meant how Buzz Lightyear's face is partially visible all the time when in first person mode in the Toy Story 2 game.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”