Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Seidolon

Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Post by Seidolon »

I'm sure many of you have heard of Sergeant Mark IV's Brutal Hexen mod. Well, after been seemingly abandoned for a few years, I have continued Brutal HeXen where Sarge has left off. In addition to continuing the HeXen mod, I also have created a version for Heretic. Modified with an RPG system to make the games feel more unique. The hexen version is incomplete and requires more weapons for the mage as well as some alt-fires for the cleric. I have many more ideas for features in the rpg systems and the overall gameplay sometime in the near future. Download and play both for an amazing experience of brutality. Leave feedback please! Good feedback = progress. :o

Use a GZDoom version before 2.3.0
Spoiler: Credits

DOWNLOAD :chainsaw: :oops:

Brutal Hexen RPG - *removed*

Brutal Heretic RPG - *removed*

Brutal Hexen RPG: V3 Fighter Demo - *removed*

Brutalized HeXen Maps - COMING NEVER!
Last edited by Seidolon on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Redead-ITA

Re: Brutal HeXen and Heretic RPG - Version 1!!!!!!!!!

Post by Redead-ITA »

The heretic version is more complete i guess you should do better in exen dho the reason beingh i tried all the wizard weapons slot 1 is ok the others are not

But is a great mod nontheless
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Redead-ITA wrote:The heretic version is more complete i guess you should do better in exen dho the reason beingh i tried all the wizard weapons slot 1 is ok the others are not

But is a great mod nontheless
Yeah I forgot to mention that the Hexen version is incomplete. I still need to add alt fires for two of the cleric's weapons as well as finish the mage class. Play as the fighter or cleric for a more complete experience.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Looking forward to this even if I dislike Broodal Dum. Just because I know you Seidolon. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Looking forward to this even if I dislike Broodal Dum. Just because I know you Seidolon. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Download links are already up, if that's what you're looking forward too. :P

Enjoy!
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Ahhhh!

Good to see you again, Seidolon!

I look forward to seeing what you do with this!
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

PLEASE post pics and videooooo!!!
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

A few screenshots are now on the OP. I'll record a video soon probably and put it here too.
Slevins

Post by Slevins »

Speaking for the Heretic portion, this was actually really fun. I can't wait for the Hexen part to be more fleshed out.

Question, though: What exactly do the RPG mechanics do? I saw myself leveling up periodically, but I'm not 100% sure how that affected gameplay. Maybe a Readme, or some sort of Info screen would make things more evident.

As a side note, I'm a GIGANTIC fan of what you did with Corvus's starting wand. It just feels...... right.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Greetings.

I gave both mods a quick playthrough, mostly trying out weapons and effects, got a few critiques and suggestions which I hope may help you improve it.
Spoiler:
Even with those few caveats, as it is it makes both games, especially Heretic's gameplay far more enjoyable than vanilla. Keep up the great work!

Edit: Also, the project logo is plain badass.

Edit 2: Finally, I just saw the screenshots, and that is an excellent use of the blue glass sword (I forgot her name,) it looks like quite a promising weapon.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

FInally, a Heretic version! Out of all the Doom style games, that one needed the gameplay overhaul the most.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

@Slevins
The RPG Mechanics aren't very important currently, but I've got a lot of stuff planned for them. What I have currently released is just a little demo of the gore and weapons and etc. Now my main focus is finishing the classes in hexen, balancing out the weapons and enemies, and making it a true rpg.

@SallazarSpellcaster
Spoiler:
SallazarSpellcaster wrote: Finally, I just saw the screenshots, and that is an excellent use of the blue glass sword (I forgot her name,) it looks like quite a promising weapon.
Yeah, I don't know who did the sprites for it though. I went back like 2 or 3 years on the spriting carnval and found that along with a lot of other medieval themed weaponry. I saved the pngs to my computer but forgot to write down credits.

Also,
Spoiler:
Last edited by Seidolon on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Oh sweet, someone finally picked this up! I will check this out and get back to you. :D
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Sounds cool, Seidolon. I'm gonna enjoy this ride!
Hipshot

Post by Hipshot »

Interesting, I actually signed up to ask something when I found this, so hey everyone!

Anyway, what happens when it says that I leveled up?

I have an idea if there's room for it? When you level up, can't you bring up some menu where you can choose to improve a weapons damage or player speed, mana regen, or similar?

Thing is, that I was actually thinking of such a system for a mod that I wanted to do for Hexen, but this mod already have a level up feature!I will not go into any details, cause the rules text specificly says that I shouldn't so!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”