Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby wildweasel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 am

nelson01023 wrote:For some reason, voxels like the revolver and shotgun are over/undersized in the newest zandronum beta. The rifles and other items are perfectly sized for some reason.
This also happens when I use the newest gzdoom beta aswell.

Is this an issue on my end?

Well, I ran a quick test with the most current ww-doomnukem from Github and the GZDoom 2.1 dev build from Jan 22, and while I don't see the voxel scale problems, I do see a lot of bizarre physics-related issues like infinitely bouncing shell casings and lowered floors that suddenly ratchet up into the ceiling.

I would suggest using an older development build. I don't know which one introduced all these issues, so test older ones until you find one that works.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Agitatio » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:03 pm

wildweasel wrote:
nelson01023 wrote:For some reason, voxels like the revolver and shotgun are over/undersized in the newest zandronum beta. The rifles and other items are perfectly sized for some reason.
This also happens when I use the newest gzdoom beta aswell.

Is this an issue on my end?

Well, I ran a quick test with the most current ww-doomnukem from Github and the GZDoom 2.1 dev build from Jan 22, and while I don't see the voxel scale problems, I do see a lot of bizarre physics-related issues like infinitely bouncing shell casings and lowered floors that suddenly ratchet up into the ceiling.

I would suggest using an older development build. I don't know which one introduced all these issues, so test older ones until you find one that works.


g2.1.pre-1778-g1a63167 has that issue. g2.1.pre-1666-g2657c08 should be safe to use.
User avatar
Agitatio
 
Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Discord: Agitatio#4183
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Blue Shadow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Grigori wrote:g2.1.pre-1666-g2657c08 should be safe to use.

That one is not stable, as far as I'm aware. Something related to a crash when saving the game or somesuch.
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
 
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Agitatio » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Blue Shadow wrote:
Grigori wrote:g2.1.pre-1666-g2657c08 should be safe to use.

That one is not stable, as far as I'm aware. Something related to a crash when saving the game or somesuch.


Is that so? Thanks for the info! Guess I'll get back to an earlier one.
User avatar
Agitatio
 
Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Discord: Agitatio#4183
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Captain J » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:15 am

i'm pretty sure 1.8 version recently updated and still works.
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Daemeon93 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Is there a possibility for a weapon only version? I'd like to uses the weapons from this but keep the old monsters.

I'm also asking because I'd like to use Smooth Doom with this lol.
Daemeon93
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2016

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Captain J » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:25 am

You may remove them with the editor, because i don't think wildweasel would remove them as a version or addon.

EDIT: I just deleted this by an accident, but not anymore.
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby affandede » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Hey WildWeasel, would you give me your permission to make a small addon for this amazing mod of yours? I plan on changing some of the enemy sounds or replacing them altogether(or even seperating the monsters from the addon), changing the shotgun pickups to normal shotgun, increasing the number of shells you get from ammo pickups and so forth. I have even implemented some of this changes on my personal file, for my personal use.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Ahpiox » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:03 am

Wild, can you make option to turn off dual upgrade or equip one pistol instead of akimbo? Please, that's not so hard, i guess
User avatar
Ahpiox
THIS IS A BRAND NEW HIP-HOP MIX STRAIGHT FROM THE STREETS! HOT 97 TO YOU!
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2017

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby affandede » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 am

Ahpiox wrote:Wild, can you make option to turn off dual upgrade or equip one pistol instead of akimbo? Please, that's not so hard, i guess


I think I can include that in my addon, if WW gives me permission, of course.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:21 am

If you're going to make a modification of it, keep it private, please.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby affandede » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm

wildweasel wrote:If you're going to make a modification of it, keep it private, please.


Don't want to be an irritating prick or something like that, but... why?
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:36 pm

affandede wrote:
wildweasel wrote:If you're going to make a modification of it, keep it private, please.


Don't want to be an irritating prick or something like that, but... why?

I'm not sure I have a way to answer this that won't make me look like the bigger prick, if I might be honest.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby affandede » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 pm

wildweasel wrote:
affandede wrote:
wildweasel wrote:If you're going to make a modification of it, keep it private, please.


Don't want to be an irritating prick or something like that, but... why?

I'm not sure I have a way to answer this that won't make me look like the bigger prick, if I might be honest.


Oh, I get it. As a writer, I wouldn't want someone to rewrite one of my stories either, just because it can be written differently, or even better. I guess I understand that. No hard feelings on my side. You are still one of my modder-heros, Mr. WW. Good day.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:41 am

Hello there wildweasel, i am asking for permission to use some of the sprites from this mod or more specifically the hand sprites, due to them looking way better than anything else i can find (And also because i can't draw that well). If i am not allowed to use them then i will not use them, instead i will just recolor default hand sprites. I am also asking you because from what iv'e seen doom nukem the original creator of some of these is not around, you might be able to relay this to him if you still have contact's with him.
So do i have permission?
Gorman Frebmane
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4page, Simple Pie [RSS], Twitter [Bot] and 15 guests