[Music] Shane's HQ Doom Music (2018 Updates) [WIP] [Link]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:14 pm

hugoroy wrote:
Shane wrote:
hugoroy wrote:I love these, mind if I use some of them in my wad(s)?

Of course you may use these. Just be sure you give credit where credit is due. Of course, I'll be updating, so you may want to update when I do.


thanks :D

Not a problem. The new Doom pack should be up tonight or tomorrow. I only have four songs left to do on it. It just depends on how long it takes me to record guitar. :)

@plausiblesarge @Sodaholic
I apologise for the wait on the Strife songs. I'm waiting for a VST to arrive to fill in a specific slot on my synth. I'm not happy with the sound I have for it now. I'll be doing both the Power Station and the Town music.
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Siberian Tiger » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:30 am

Great work on these soundtracks! Since last year, I have been hosting these music files on Armada Gameservers to help spice things up - while keeping to the original theme for various games. But also, just today, I am planning on using these very songs into one of my projects for GZDoom. I can get away with the old wonky midi's that everyone already heard a million times already!

Thank you for making these songs, making them available even today (so many years!), and openly available for anyone to use.
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Siberian Tigers Rule All~!!!
 
Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Github ID: SibTiger
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:19 am

Siberian Tiger wrote:Great work on these soundtracks! Since last year, I have been hosting these music files on Armada Gameservers to help spice things up - while keeping to the original theme for various games. But also, just today, I am planning on using these very songs into one of my projects for GZDoom. I can get away with the old wonky midi's that everyone already heard a million times already!

Thank you for making these songs, making them available even today (so many years!), and openly available for anyone to use.

Glad you found these useful! I haven't abandoned this project, I've just been WAY busy. I do have plans to do a massive overhaul on these. I'll keep everyone informed. ;) Thanks for checking it out, dude!

Edit: Sorry for an 8 month delay. Haha.
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:12 pm

Sorry. Didn't notice that the links were dead. I'll fix it tonight.

Edit: Fixed it on my lunch instead. Enjoy. :)
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby whereswarren » Fri May 27, 2016 4:51 am

Hey there, finally got into the original 2 DOOM games after the nostalgia for 3 and hype for 4. Just wanted to say your tracks are awesome and thank you for the effort- it's taken a bit of work but my first play through should be rather epic thanks to you.

Questions;
What's the difference between the old and new doom 1 pack?
Is the doom 2 pack of a relative quality to the new doom 1 pack - or should I use both 'old' packs for consistency sake?
whereswarren
 
Joined: 27 May 2016

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Fri May 27, 2016 10:04 am

whereswarren wrote:Hey there, finally got into the original 2 DOOM games after the nostalgia for 3 and hype for 4. Just wanted to say your tracks are awesome and thank you for the effort- it's taken a bit of work but my first play through should be rather epic thanks to you.

Questions;
What's the difference between the old and new doom 1 pack?
Is the doom 2 pack of a relative quality to the new doom 1 pack - or should I use both 'old' packs for consistency sake?

Hey, thanks for checking out the tracks. I'm glad you like them! :) The new Doom pack is only a sample with higher quality recordings after some feedback. I'm going to be redoing all of the packs with much better quality soon.
The old packs are both about the same quality, so I'd suggest using those for now. Thanks for checking them out and check back for updates soon! :D
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby SeventhSentinel » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:20 am

The link to the Chex Quest pack seems to be down.
User avatar
SeventhSentinel
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2016
Location: Michigan

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 am

SeventhSentinel wrote:The link to the Chex Quest pack seems to be down.

Oops! Thanks for letting me know! I re-uploaded it here: http://gam.thewaitingroom.org/doom/chexmus.pk3
Updated the main post as well. I did start on recordings for the project again. I'll post something soon. :)

Edit: Why not? Here's a recording of E1M1 I did last week: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/doom/At%2 ... 20Gate.mp3
Keep in mind it's not fully mixed yet, but it should give you an idea of the quality you can expect in the new version. :)
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby SeventhSentinel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:16 am

Wow, and I thought the last version of E1M1 was pretty good. Now I'm even more excited for this.
User avatar
SeventhSentinel
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2016
Location: Michigan

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:09 pm

SeventhSentinel wrote:Wow, and I thought the last version of E1M1 was pretty good. Now I'm even more excited for this.

I can hardly wait to get this done for myself and everyone else! :D I'm glad you liked it. :) Just did the bass and drums for the Imp's Song last night and drums for Dark Halls.
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Siberian Tiger » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 am

Loving it!
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Siberian Tigers Rule All~!!!
 
Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Github ID: SibTiger
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Siberian Tiger wrote:Loving it!

I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Siberian Tiger » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Shane wrote:I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)


This is great news! I know that you're working on this project and I don't want to sound - demanding or negative, but do you know roughly when you might have this completed?
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Siberian Tigers Rule All~!!!
 
Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Github ID: SibTiger
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Shane » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 am

Siberian Tiger wrote:
Shane wrote:I'm glad you like it! I'll be re-treading some ground for a bit, but once Doom and Doom II are complete, I'll work on Final Doom so you can use that for your project again! :)


This is great news! I know that you're working on this project and I don't want to sound - demanding or negative, but do you know roughly when you might have this completed?

Unfortunately, I don't have a deadline. My goal is to have Episode I of Doom either complete or near complete this week. I want to try to get 7 songs a week done. As long as I can keep that pace up, I should have Doom, Doom II and Final Doom done by August, then it'll just be working on the other IWADs at that point.
User avatar
Shane
Has no life for Hardware.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Discord: Shane#8048
Twitch ID: shanestrife
Github ID: shanestrife
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Music] HQ DooM Music (Updated 2011.05.03) [WIP] [Link]

Postby Siberian Tiger » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Shane wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have a deadline. My goal is to have Episode I of Doom either complete or near complete this week. I want to try to get 7 songs a week done. As long as I can keep that pace up, I should have Doom, Doom II and Final Doom done by August, then it'll just be working on the other IWADs at that point.


Awesome! I am really looking forward to this! :D
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
Siberian Tigers Rule All~!!!
 
Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Github ID: SibTiger
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests