[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Thanks mate. :D
Oh yes, the underground section sucks literally and must be taken care of, because it was very much rushed (school was beginning and I didn't have time to detail it more). If You can bring enough detail to e1m3 since ellmo died we'll be Greatly thankful :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am okay with Vile1011 to work on the maps, watched his pics of "Tunnel" and I am pleased with what I saw. About E1M10 - Nightmare has it right now, not on the ftp yet. Same goes to the rest missing stuff, just BioHazard has the latest versions
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Haven't been around the past few days, seems I have some catching up to do :).

In reply to your question Torm, my work on E1M7 was just a bunch of bug fixes - texture alignments, sector heights, light levels, things like that. I didn't get around to doing the extended ending I planned because I started working on E1M10 instead ;).

Speaking of which, I won't have much time, so if someone else wants to take E1M10 off my hands that would be great. If not, I'm happy to continue working on it, but it'll take a while.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ok, fine, so I will continue on E1M7 a bit and then step to E1M1! Concerning E1M10: I wish that you continue your work on the map, as long as you get it finished in exactly two weeks (and I really hope for that because your mapping style is exactly what I want in this map!) so we can start gameplay, coop and monster/ammo issues :) So please don't disappoint me ;)
Bloodskull

Post by Bloodskull »

Well after talking to Mr.T, apparently I can signup and land a spot in the project. If E1m2 or E1m4 is up for grabs, I'll take either of them if possible.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Bloodskull wrote:If E1m2 or E1m4 is up for grabs, I'll take either of them if possible.
E1m2 needs some bug-tweaking and gameplay tweaks. Should be easy and fun. E1m4 needs some detailing in some areas. I was told to finish up that map (as most of it's architecture is my jobby), but if anyone would to take it, it's ok with me. Give them a try.
And welcome to the team :)
Bloodskull

Post by Bloodskull »

Nmn wrote:
Bloodskull wrote:If E1m2 or E1m4 is up for grabs, I'll take either of them if possible.
E1m2 needs some bug-tweaking and gameplay tweaks. Should be easy and fun. E1m4 needs some detailing in some areas. I was told to finish up that map (as most of it's architecture is my jobby), but if anyone would to take it, it's ok with me. Give them a try.
And welcome to the team :)
Detailing I can do. I think this explains it allready:

*Edit* Is there a list of status I can look at so I know what maps I can do some major work on or something?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

If I am to be hoenst with You that's pretty underdetailed ;) You need to go much higher in KDIZD maps.
First, browse couple pages back, You'll find my list of maps (very rough, but it's all needed rite now).
Also, ask a guy named Krillancello to enable You the password and address to the KDIZD ftp. You'll get all maps from there.
Dismissed.
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

I think that looks fine BSkull, but not ready for KDIZD

Is that Krillancello guy around here? I would like to see a few of the maps. I want to see if they still feel like E1(something I am VERY, VERY big about) and how well they actually play. :P
Bloodskull

Post by Bloodskull »

MasterOFDeath wrote:I think that looks fine BSkull, but not ready for KDIZD

Is that Krillancello guy around here? I would like to see a few of the maps. I want to see if they still feel like E1(something I am VERY, VERY big about) and how well they actually play. :P
That's cause it's a vanilla map, not a zdoom map. I'm making some E1 styled map right now. When I do get a chance to do a KDIZD map, It'll look much better than that.
Vile1011

Post by Vile1011 »

Seriously Shady, I've seen the maps for this project and they're fucking insane. They couldn't be any more detailed if they just rendered the molecules directly.
Risen

Post by Risen »

KDIZD is already in the hands of talented developers who are very familiar with its vision. I really don't think the team should be expanding at this point. This is no offense to Vile or Blodskull - I just think that who we have now already know what is going on and how to handle it. However, the ZDoom Community Map 2 could really use the help of some people like you!

I am ready to pick up one of the maps and work on it, as I will be holding off working on the intermap until all of the maps support it. Torm, where could I best work next?
Vile1011

Post by Vile1011 »

I'm only doing touch-ups, don't worry. Besides, I didn't come to the project, the project came to me. And am I gonna pass up an opportunity to work on something this great? I don't think so.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

If we want this project out by the end of January/early February, we definitely need new team members.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

I agree with Nightmare. Thx Risen for believing in us, but the last week proved that without new people, and especially our leader (who is certainly not as frequent as in the past) new people are vital.

Vile-I trust Vile, he is very good with maps and I've played his demo and seen his screenshots. I trust he will do a very good job with detailing, so I see no reason why he shouldn't stay.
Bloodskull/Shadowrunner on the other hand I am not sure. Your screenshots show a pretty average map, as Vile said, I'm curious wether You'll stand up to the current work, but You seem to be pretty sure about what You're doing, so we'll see how You'll do. Do, don't talk ;) and show screenshots.

Master of Death-that's a joke right? You're not gettig ANYTHING, that's why Krillan set up us the bomb... er password, so the project won't spread anymore! I was sick when I've seen comments on DW saying "I played the maps, they're ok". NO ONE XCEPT TEAM MEMBERS GET TO PLAY THOSE MAPS. :rock:
Then again, maybe we could have some beta testers...

Return to “Levels”