New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lightsource

New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

Post by Lightsource »

Hello everyone this is my first post here.
I did new graphics for the Ultra Doom Visor mod from Saegiru. I re-made the damaged graphics, and added and modified colors and details of the hud in general.
Saegiru gave permission to use the hud, I need permission from Reinchard2 who did the new Doomguy face in 3d. Once I have it, I'll leave a download option, and if Saegiru likes it the new graphics could be part of the official mod.

Here the download link of the updated mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/a ... ki113r-v51

Thumbnails in 1080
Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Lightsource on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: New UltraDoomVisor Graphics

Post by wildweasel »

Is there some chance you could scale down these screenshots? Full-size 1080p is a little excessive, both for bandwidth and scale.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

I wish Reinchard2 would get back to you faster, no download is such a tease.

No but seriously it looks really good! UDV is my favorite add-on and I really hope I get to use it in time for V20B coming out soon! :D
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

wildweasel wrote:Is there some chance you could scale down these screenshots? Full-size 1080p is a little excessive, both for bandwidth and scale.
Sure no problem. Changed the pics to 720 and added the 1080 with thumbnails.

Also I still need to modify the graphics in the mod for other resolutions, because I worked on the 1080 resolutions.
Last edited by Lightsource on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, I kind of meant to ask if you could do that to your original post; adding the downscaled shots doesn't help the bandwidth problem. =P
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

I've also been working on a new Hud based on the released gameplay of the new Doom 4. The problem is that I'm not really good at coding or modding, I'm just a graphic designer and Illustrator, so I would need a little help with this.

Here's a preview of the mod, this is not working, it's a composition in photoshop to see how could this work.

Thumbnail is in 1008

If someone is interested in helping out, I welcome it.
Reinchard2

Post by Reinchard2 »

Wow, nice stuff here. About my permission - of course you have it.
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Looks too bulky and too much is going on.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Very slick looking! I especially like how it's darker too, blends in better. The hi-res Doomguy face looks a little weird though.
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

This is fucking rad!
Last edited by thonglover on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Now if only there was a way to be able to 'fake' a 3D display by having it move with the view and such or jostle around on damage and such.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

Glaice wrote:Looks too bulky and too much is going on.
Well, it is still a preview made in photoshop, the displays should be smaller and with a better font. As for the graphics, the idea is that it looks like the real inside of the helmet, a little claustrophobic, I think it's a matter of taste. Still the graphics can change.
RikohZX wrote:Now if only there was a way to be able to 'fake' a 3D display by having it move with the view and such or jostle around on damage and such.
That was my original idea, that when the character moves the helmet moves up and down too.

Ok here is the download link of the original mod Ultra Doom Visor with my new graphics in widescreen and 4:3 along with the new Doomguy face made by Reinchard2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/je0r1encyk2z6 ... aphics.rar

It shouldn't be any problems because it's the same mod, just delete the original "UDV_v1.61_A_BASE_GZDoomOnly.pk3" and use this instead.
I hope you guys enjoy it.
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

RikohZX wrote:Now if only there was a way to be able to 'fake' a 3D display by having it move with the view and such or jostle around on damage and such.
That would be great but due to doom's engine limts....Thaaat would quite a trick....But there's an old saying "Anything is possible"
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Lightsource wrote:I've also been working on a new Hud based on the released gameplay of the new Doom 4. The problem is that I'm not really good at coding or modding, I'm just a graphic designer and Illustrator, so I would need a little help with this.

Here's a preview of the mod, this is not working, it's a composition in photoshop to see how could this work.

Thumbnail is in 1008

If someone is interested in helping out, I welcome it.
One thing that almost certainly won't work is the angled/perspective fonts. Maybe with some extremely complicated ACS wizardry involving numerous different fonts of various sizes and proportions you could do it, but ZDoom doesn't allow for rotated or skewed text in general.
Lightsource

Post by Lightsource »

Maybe making the "ammo" part a png, and the number as a font. Like this.

I'll continue to post updates on the graphics, as they come along.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”