* GitHub releases (recommended, most up-to-date)
* Notion board: follow the development
* ModDB downloads
* Discord Server
REQUIRED PORT: GZDoom 4.7.0
LZDoom is currently not supported because of a few functions in the mod that aren't supported by OpenGL 1.x. This will hopefully change soon when LZDoom figures out a way to filter out specific things, or I'll add an LZDoom-compatible release (thankfully, it shouldn't take too much effort).
YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aItM1TVxO5
Eviternity gameplay with Modern Guns
Spoiler:WHAT IS BEAUTIFUL DOOM?
Beautiful Doom is a GZDoom mod that remakes all objects and monsters in the game to look smoother, cooler, bloodier, you name it, but it retains the vanilla gameplay (unless you use some available options to tweak that).
The mod is only compatible with GZDoom and will never work with Zandronum.
- Very high compatibility with other mods. You can disable most of the elements, including weapons, monsters, decorations, and combine it with other weapon, monster and other mods. I make an effort to not break the gameplay and take into account changes that other mods may contain.
- It even works with DEHACKED monsters without breaking them (as much as possible).
- Smoothly-animated monsters, weapons and SFX such as particle fire, smoke, empty casings, ricochet, bullet tracers and new and improved sounds
- Smooth animations for monsters and some items by Gifty, used at his permission and blessing
- You can play either with fully vanilla guns or rebalanced enhanced guns that provide more tactical variety
- New deaths, animated blood and lots of special effects for monsters
- Custom sprites for decorative victims (impaled/hanging corpses) and accompanying custom textures
- Physically accurate gibs unique for every monster
- Interactive decorations: breakable lamps (by explosions), killable impaled victims, etc.
- Light effects, halos, fire, smoke, etc.
- Footsteps, footprints, smooth water, and lots of other stuff
Version 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021): Download on GitHub
At this time I'm considering this release feature-complete and planning to only make new ones for maintenance reasons (bugfixes). For now I'm going to dedicate my time to other projects.
- Locked doors will use a different "locked" sound based on the required key type (skull key or key card), or (if only key color is specified, not key type) based on their texture (as long as it matches one of Doom II texture names).
- Fixed Modern plasma orbs being incorrectly handled by "Projectiles Style" option
- Fixed Enhanced Shotgun melee attack not producing any sounds
- Made Enhanced Shotgun melee attack sounds louder
- Added a compatibility fix for IsGrayed() function that will let the mod work properly both on GZDoom 4.5.0 and 4.6.0
- Fixed Modern Berserk not producing heartbeat sounds when running out.
- Fixed incorrect flares for Modern Rocket/Grenade.
- Added a "Projectile's Style" option to Beautiful Doom settings. The option defines the look of player AND monster projectiles. There are 3 options:
'Don't Replace' — vanilla projectiles will spawn without any replacement from Beautiful Doom; you can use this with another mod that defines its own projectile replacements
'Classic' — projectiles will use vanilla-style but smooth sprites and some extra lighting effects
'Enhanced' — the default value: more effects, debris, particles, sometimes different look
- Monster behavior changes that occur while setting Player Weapons to 'Modern' will no longer persist if you disable Beautiful Doom Weapons after that.
- Fixed Modern SSG not piercing enemies.
- Enhanced Guns: extra Pistols can now be picked up for ammo, like Clips, even if you have two Pistols already.
- Fixed Enhanced Chaingun having perfect accuracy with Altfire.
- I removed a bunch of restrictions on spawning actors that would prevent them from being replacable by personal submods. You will now be able to properly create submods that replace Beautiful Doom's blood, gibs, animated blood pools and some other objects in all instances.
- Floor/ceiling bullet decals will now be properly aligned with the plane instead of hanging in front of it.
- Explosive Barrel remains will no longer float in mid-air.
- Revenant and Mancubus projectiles will now spawn some debris upon exploding.
- Beautiful Doom Weapons option can now be toggled on the fly, i.e. you can enable or disable modded weapons while mid-game.
- Added some extra checks to make sure your starting weapons are always correct and that you never get duplicate weapons. This means that, if you have Beautiful Weapons enabled, you will now never receive vanilla Doom weapons (even if you use a 'give' console cheat, IDKFA, or an ACS script that gives weapons directly). Similarly, if you have Beautiful Doom Weapons disabled, you will never get the mod's weapons.
- Beautiful Doom is now compatible with Gearbox; it should also be compatible with any other similar mod as long as it uses the inventory.icon value of the weapon.
- Previously Plasma and BFG orbs would cause massive FPS drops if fired above moving floors or below moving ceilings; now, if fired in a moving sector, they will spawn simplified particle effects and will not cause any performance overhead.
- Spider Mastermind's brightmaps have been colorized and overall improved a lot.
- Bouncing debris will stop bouncing after a fixed number of bounces; this will make sure they won't spawn endlessly on platforms moving slowly downward.