[spooky] sans. (Version 1.352 - MEGALOBLOOK Update)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [spooky] sans. (Version 1.351 - MEGALOBLOOK Update)

Post by Captain J »

CoolSkeleton95 wrote:=/-? Sorry, I'm pretty new at this. :oops: I'd assume it's either the = key or the - key, but I'd rather be sure...
they both works, just press - to shrink the hud and press =, otherwise + to expand it.
CoolSkeleton95

Post by CoolSkeleton95 »

Thanks! That seems to have gotten me the proper HUD...but...er, it's having some...
(Hiding images due to size)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
...issues. Dunno if this is something to do with me specifically or a glitch created by something changed for 1.35/1.351 In case you're wondering the second image is what happens when I switch 'stretch HUD for full screen' ON.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

The HUD's been pretty broken in every version of this mod I've tried, to be perfectly honest. Like, it's functional, but it's placed at odd positions every now and then.

I haven't tried this with more recent versions, but I noticed that this mod works pretty well in Heretic, provided that you don't mind swapping away from the stock weapons whenever you pick a new one up.
BaronVonBats

Post by BaronVonBats »

May I ask a question?

What does nabstablook do?

Also, it's completely ok if you don't want to continue on this mod (you're not even being paid which is a sad thing since this is a mod worth billions in my eyes)

I'm sure someone will come around and continue it.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

BaronVonBats wrote:What does nabstablook do?
I think it's just a cosmetic feature.

And speaking of Napsta, the actor lacks the -COUNTKILL flag, so it ruins the kill percentage when spawned.
It also has problems with stairs and lifts due to the +NOINTERACTION flag. Replacing the flag with -SOLID and -SHOOTABLE and giving the actor the NOINTERACTION flag when it dies (so it can go through ceilings) seems to solve it; however, this doesn't prevent Napsta to get dunked right and left.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Gothic wrote:
BaronVonBats wrote:What does nabstablook do?
I think it's just a cosmetic feature.

And speaking of Napsta, the actor lacks the -COUNTKILL flag, so it ruins the kill percentage when spawned.
It also has problems with stairs and lifts due to the +NOINTERACTION flag. Replacing the flag with -SOLID and -SHOOTABLE and giving the actor the NOINTERACTION flag when it dies (so it can go through ceilings) seems to solve it; however, this doesn't prevent Napsta to get dunked right and left.
Fixed.
CoolSkeleton95

Re: [spooky] sans. (Version 1.352 - MEGALOBLOOK Update)

Post by CoolSkeleton95 »

Any plans to try fixing the HUD? It's a real nice lookin' thing but it kills me that it's in such an obtrusive spot. Especially when you pick up keys.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

CoolSkeleton95 wrote:Any plans to try fixing the HUD? It's a real nice lookin' thing but it kills me that it's in such an obtrusive spot. Especially when you pick up keys.
Someday.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

CoolSkeleton95 wrote:Any plans to try fixing the HUD? It's a real nice lookin' thing but it kills me that it's in such an obtrusive spot. Especially when you pick up keys.
Have you tried changing the resolution? Mine is 1024x600 and it looks like this:
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Turn on "stretch fullscreen HUD" in your settings. It'll be under the hud setting.
CirnouliK

Post by CirnouliK »

Cryomundus wrote:Turn on "stretch fullscreen HUD" in your settings. It'll be under the hud setting.
That worked! Thank you!
CoolSkeleton95

Post by CoolSkeleton95 »

Not for me, unfortunately. That just puts it at the very bottom of the screen with most of it out of view.
Hybrinoid

Post by Hybrinoid »

CoolSkeleton95 wrote:Not for me, unfortunately. That just puts it at the very bottom of the screen with most of it out of view.
Eh, it all just depends on the resolution. The highest resolution I can run it at without the HUD looking weird is 1600x900. 1920x1080 moves it too far down and cuts off the bottom of it.

EDIT: Aaaand I just realized I forgot to thank the guy who said how to get rid of the default HUD. Thanks for that, it works wonderfully now!
Dracno

Post by Dracno »

Hey, is it just me or ZDoom isn't recognizing the file as WAD? I'm probably doing something wrong but I can't find out what. It works perfectly with other WADs.
ultimategamerxtreme

Post by ultimategamerxtreme »

*Insert Comment about having a bad time here*
On that note, I AM GOING TO PLAY THIS THANK YOU FOR THIS .O.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”