[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
User avatar
Cardboard Marty
Posts: 1137
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:29 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Robot Mountain

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Cardboard Marty »

RobotJoe wrote:first time doing this stuff, friend said i should post here.

Image Image Image Image

an imp replacement or something im working on

also new here, helloo!
Fantastic stuff! Glad to see a new user with such artistic talent!
RobotJoe
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by RobotJoe »

thank y'all, I'll try and get him done soon :')

I didn't realize doom had a specific palette, will some of these colors not show up in game? ( I don't know anything about this stuff)
User avatar
torridgristle
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by torridgristle »

RobotJoe wrote:thank y'all, I'll try and get him done soon :')

I didn't realize doom had a specific palette, will some of these colors not show up in game? ( I don't know anything about this stuff)
Yeah, there's a palette full of red, pale red, brown, pale brown, yellow, orange, green, and dark blue. Also everything is stretched vertically to 120%.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Palette
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:16 pm
Location: Anywhere.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

It will show up in the palette you have now. I think the face would look nice on an imp.
User avatar
xenoxols
Posts: 2123
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:08 pm
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Location: Behind you

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by xenoxols »

RobotJoe wrote:thank y'all, I'll try and get him done soon :')

I didn't realize doom had a specific palette, will some of these colors not show up in game? ( I don't know anything about this stuff)
If you are using GZDoom, then don't worry about the palette.
User avatar
Sgt. Shivers
Posts: 1743
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Hekmatyar wrote:I love the interaction I'm having so far with my frankensprites.

Thanks a lot for the fun replies, fellas!


To thank you, I just made another one! Unmasked Samus! Original sprite created by Sgt. Shivers. Samus head drawn from scratch (with your regular illucia face as a resource. Not recolored!)

Spoiler: Pew Pew
I could link you the whole sprite sheet for the Samus sprites if you want. :D
User avatar
TiberiumSoul
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: My Computer...

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by TiberiumSoul »

hacked this together using the ironblast shotgun pickup sprite
D3SPX0.png
This is the Jericho Arms. D666-A "Malefactor" 10ga Shotgun that will be present in my TSP character Addon Ryan Wolfe's Arsenal of 6 weapons and in sorry to say they will most likely be made unique to him by using the Hexen "Weapon.ForbiddenTo" Flag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Master of Disasters
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:31 pm
Location: Probably on a chair.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Master of Disasters »

Not to be a bump on the road, but does anyone have any idea as to where this thing is from?
Image
User avatar
TheLightBad96
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:59 am
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by TheLightBad96 »

TiberiumSoul wrote:hacked this together using the ironblast shotgun pickup sprite
D3SPX0.png
This is the Jericho Arms. D666-A "Malefactor" 10ga Shotgun that will be present in my TSP character Addon Ryan Wolfe's Arsenal of 6 weapons and in sorry to say they will most likely be made unique to him by using the Hexen "Weapon.ForbiddenTo" Flag
Making addons for TSP is a thing. Holy crap this should be good And is the shotgun a quad-barrelled Pump action or is it just a Double Barreled Pump Action?
User avatar
Cage
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:47 pm
Location: San Escobar

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Cage »

Master of Disasters wrote:Not to be a bump on the road, but does anyone have any idea as to where this thing is from?
Image

WGR 2
User avatar
Hekmatyar
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Hekmatyar »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
Hekmatyar wrote:I love the interaction I'm having so far with my frankensprites.

Thanks a lot for the fun replies, fellas!


To thank you, I just made another one! Unmasked Samus! Original sprite created by Sgt. Shivers. Samus head drawn from scratch (with your regular illucia face as a resource. Not recolored!)

Spoiler: Pew Pew
I could link you the whole sprite sheet for the Samus sprites if you want. :D
Holy shiet, it's Sgt. Shivers. I already got the full set though. Metroid Dreadnought is one of the things I no-life on offline, so. Got dem sprites :3:
Are you perhaps interested in a full set?
User avatar
Pandut
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:47 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: existential dread

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Pandut »

RobotJoe wrote:first time doing this stuff, friend said i should post here.

Image Image Image Image

an imp replacement or something im working on

also new here, helloo!
Eeeeey! Saw this on tumblr and it's all sorts of awesome :D. Glad to see you around here, RobotJoe :).
User avatar
TiberiumSoul
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: My Computer...

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Guys, out of respect. Due to a note a failed to notice its very likely I wont be using the sprite at all.
ThrashfanBert1994
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:26 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

on my case, i am working on a stormtrooper variants, this one is an Assault Blaster Rifle Stormtrooper. the head however, it was from dark forces. looks good to me.
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Hekmatyar
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Hekmatyar »

ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:on my case, i am working on a stormtrooper variants, this one is an Assault Blaster Rifle Stormtrooper. the head however, it was from dark forces. looks good to me.
:D
Star Wars VII hype intensifies :shock:

Return to “General”