Ultimate DoomVisor

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Metallforest

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

Post by Metallforest »

I have a little problem with this on BDJ. the enemy healthbar is not showing at all, no matter what I do I only see "temp" text when I aim at almost any enemy head.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Metallforest wrote:I have a little problem with this on BDJ. the enemy healthbar is not showing at all, no matter what I do I only see "temp" text when I aim at almost any enemy head.
I answered you in the BDJ forum. Another person that had this problem needed to either update his GZDoom or video card drivers. Give that a try.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Welp, I found something that you could add to this amazing mod:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48893

:wink:
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Welp, I found something that you could add to this amazing mod:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48893

:wink:
Hmm, I like it... If I can get some Higher Res versions of it, I could definitely see about doing something with it. :D

For compatibilities, I will see about Hideous Destructor and Mutiny... those are pretty intensive mods though, so it might take awhile for me to put addons together for them.
Hellstorm Archon

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

As a quick suggestion:

Do you think you could make a set of the HUD voices/AI warnings based on this sound clip?
Doomer

Post by Doomer »

Could you add support for this mod (mugshots only)? http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48921
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

^ I would like to second that, I was never too crazy with the current "newer" hud face.
BlueDragoon97

Post by BlueDragoon97 »

So at this point I've gone and made this entire account just so that I can get an answer to this stupid question: what the heck does the KDIZDKeys.wad file do? I've been able to find jack and s*** with Google, so I'm turning to the people who actually know stuff about DOOM modding for help. Please reply so I can finally know whether or not to send this file to the trash bin.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

BlueDragoon97 wrote:So at this point I've gone and made this entire account just so that I can get an answer to this stupid question: what the heck does the KDIZDKeys.wad file do? I've been able to find jack and s*** with Google, so I'm turning to the people who actually know stuff about DOOM modding for help. Please reply so I can finally know whether or not to send this file to the trash bin.
Opening this file with Slade3 reveals that it contains three pickup icons for different coloured keys.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

• UDV_v1.61_A_BASE_GZDoomOnly.pk3
or
  • UDV_v1.61_A_BASE_GZDoomOnly.pk3 and UDV_v1.61_C_ADD_IN_Misc_LowResGraphics.pk3
to run with GZDoom r1307, or previous versions, displays like this
without the surrounding visor mask.

Plus, I get an inordinate number (872) of script errors in sbarinfo:
Spoiler:

When I try to run it with BDv20
  • brutalv20.pk3
    UDV_v1.61_A_BASE_GZDoomOnly.pk3
    UDV_v1.61_B_ADD_IN_Mod_BDv20.pk3
then it crashes
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueDragoon97

Post by BlueDragoon97 »

Kappes Buur wrote:
BlueDragoon97 wrote:So at this point I've gone and made this entire account just so that I can get an answer to this stupid question: what the heck does the KDIZDKeys.wad file do? I've been able to find jack and s*** with Google, so I'm turning to the people who actually know stuff about DOOM modding for help. Please reply so I can finally know whether or not to send this file to the trash bin.
Opening this file with Slade3 reveals that it contains three pickup icons for different coloured keys.
So what mods [if any] other than Knee-Deep in ZDoom actually use them?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

That is probably the best HUD I have ever seen in Doom... :shock:
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Kappes Buur wrote:Stuff

Are you hitting - or + ?

And the script errors are normal I believe, that is the add-ons loaded afterward the base file overwriting/canceling them out.
Mánibranðr System

Post by Mánibranðr System »

UDV_v1.61_A_BASE.pk3
UDV_v1.61_B_Vanilla.pk3

For some reason, loading these two mods renders keycards unuseable. Any idea what's going on?
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Quick-fix to get this working with V20B by disabling the radar -

Open UDV_v1.61_B_ADD_IN_Mod_BDv20.pk3 (WinRAR opens pk3 files)
Go into folder "actors"
Open "UDVRadar.txt"
Do -not- delete that file, simply rewrite the whole file just as just "//." Make sure to save/replace it.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”