[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Lex - INTERMISSIONMAP and TITLEMAP ;) but actually, many maps are still not finished :(

Question for all:
Which maps are free right now? (means on which nobody is working right now) I have some time left and could do some touching up!
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Torm: I think E1M6 might be free. Best to check with Kirby about it.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Ninja_of_DooM wrote:Torm: I think E1M6 might be free. Best to check with Kirby about it.
Don't be so sure.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Ninja_of_DooM wrote:Torm: I think E1M6 might be free. Best to check with Kirby about it.
Dear god NOD! Have you been out of the loop that long?!!

E1M6 went to NMN a while ago! It passed out of my hands like a few months ago. :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Exactly, NMN is working on the map right now and I don't want to interfer with his (amazing & impressive ;)) work :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Still need information! Who works on which maps? I need to know which maps are free so I can continue!

@Krillancello - What about the server? Link? User & Pass? Old ones doesn't work!
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Lex - INTERMISSIONMAP and TITLEMAP ;) but actually, many maps are still not finished :(

Question for all:
Which maps are free right now? (means on which nobody is working right now) I have some time left and could do some touching up!
Who needs a titlemap? I have a fairly nice titlepic on my HD.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

No-one's working on E1M7 right now. If you're interested, let me know and I'll upload the latest version.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nighty - Yes, please do so! :) I need work and I am a bit motivated to continue on this project!

So far, another progress questions:
Here is a list of all maps and who is working on what, please complete it if some info's missing!

E1M1 - cccp_leha
I'd be glad to get some progress info from him as E1M1 is still not yet finished. If no progress enters in the next 2 weeks (till January, 16th), I consider the latest ftp version to be "final" and do my major touches to it!
E1M2 - none
AFAIK, gameplay still lacks
E1M3 - ellmo
No progress report for ages, someone (NMN) might contact him and ask him what's wrong with him. If he fails (same to January, 16th), I will also set the latest to final and free for next mapper to work with!
E1M4 - ???
No idea?!
E1M5 - none
Gameplay still lacks, needs finalizing touches within this!
E1M6 - NMN
NMN, provides progress, makes me pleased, no problems here!
E1M7 - Nightmare
Uploads it soon for me! Pleased!
E1M8 - none
Gameplay!
E1M9 - Bio
As far as I know, he fixes the few doors and does some more touch up to the redone outdoor area, I added! Progress report?
E1M10 - Nightmare
Gives some progress report also it seems as this slowed down a bit. But still pleased, because it is the SS map :)
INTERMISSION - Risen
Gives progress report, works on the map, makes me happy!
CREDITS - BioHazard
Nothing seen yet... maybe something for me to look at would be nice or info on the concept!
TITLEMAP - BioHazard
What are your plans?

The point is the following thing: Not much has been done in the last 3-4 weeks and the whole thing slows heavily down and I don't like that! I want the thing to be released as soon as possible, but if most of you mappers don't give some report on your progress or what you're plans are, I can't do anything about it, even change stuff to make work easier for you guys! So please TALK TO ME!
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

E1m6-little progress done due to my poor grades in school :( due to.. KDIZD ;) anyway, I still have massive ammount of work to do, but I'm doing good. That new area will have plenty of hellish influence (not too many ofcourse, it's still e1m6) but it will be awesome. I just don't know what to do with the pipes behind the blue key door in original areas of e1m6. If anyone could help me with an idea I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'm cutting this thing out.

Don't ask me about ellmo. I am waiting about 4 months now for a script for that other project. If You want to get in touch with him do so. May I add that I wrote 2 mails to him and no replies.

The Credits thingy is also puzzling. Many times I'm curious of how it will turn out.

May I add one thing? Let's NOT add any new shanenigans that are possible with the newer releases of Zdoom. I know this may sound a bit awkward but we can't just keep on plugging every new feature that comes with the newer versions of Zdoom. Otherwise, we will do so, but the maps that need finishing will never be finished.
In my honest opinion: Fu ck the Titlemap :) Do a nice Titlepic, but lock Your sight ONLY on finishing the maps. Nothing else.
For Great Justice. :rock:

EDITage: what about the Grenade Launcher? Which one do You people use? Should I make another one (*sigh*)
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

You're using boldface too much.. It looks rather silly.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Kirby wrote:
Dear god NOD! Have you been out of the loop that long?!!

E1M6 went to NMN a while ago! It passed out of my hands like a few months ago. :P
Actually I have.:p I tend to do that once I do my part in any community projects. Plus I've been busy with my own personal work.:)

Any other maps up for grabs right now anyway? I'm bored.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

okay, progress report:

M9: i still have to fix those doors and update the scripts.
Credits: I still haven't seen this map in my mind's eye yet. i need a really good song to make it with
TITLEMAP: I was sitting in my office and it came to me! I SAW IT! If i can manage to pull it off (e.g. make a camerafadeto() somehow) it will ROCK. trust me...

im currently getting ready to start on the TITLEMAP, i already have all the ideas and whatnot and im really itching to make it, so i expect to be done soon...
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Bio Hazard wrote: TITLEMAP: I was sitting in my office and it came to me! I SAW IT! If i can manage to pull it off (e.g. make a camerafadeto() somehow) it will ROCK. trust me...

im currently getting ready to start on the TITLEMAP, i already have all the ideas and whatnot and im really itching to make it, so i expect to be done soon...
Are You completely sure? It's not I question Your creativness but You said it Yourself
I only map when I'm inspired
and what if the creative juices stop for a wee bit? We'll have another map to finish and polish up before release. But ok, I trust You, but do You trust Yourself? :|
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Shh! Don't jinx it!

Return to “Levels”