Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skrell
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.07] - July 30, 2015

Post by Skrell »

Gotcha! Also, should I expect the imp's fireballs to have lightsourcing on them? Is this something related to your MOD or just gzdoom ?
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.07] - July 30, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:Gotcha! Also, should I expect the imp's fireballs to have lightsourcing on them? Is this something related to your MOD or just gzdoom ?
Related to the mod. I am trying to generate the GLDefs as part of my next release. I don't believe there was ever one included with the original Weapons of Saturn mod so I'll be generating one from scratch.
Skrell
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.07] - July 30, 2015

Post by Skrell »

Great to hear!! Thank you!
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.07] - July 30, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:Great to hear!! Thank you!
:wink:
AUG 3 [v1.08]
  • Added option to disable key pickup autosaves
  • Added GLDefs for the weapons and monster attacks (others being worked on)
  • Fixed issue with zombies and imps being slightly less responsive when seeing the player
User avatar
patrik
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by patrik »

To faslrn:
That key-pickup-autosave is great idea. :thumb: Could you release it in form of standalone mini mod?
(And sorry, if I am asking too much, but it would be great if you could maybe also add support for Heretic, HeXen and Strife keys.)
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by faslrn »

patrik wrote:To faslrn:
That key-pickup-autosave is great idea. :thumb: Could you release it in form of standalone mini mod?
(And sorry, if I am asking too much, but it would be great if you could maybe also add support for Heretic, HeXen and Strife keys.)
Yeah, I can do that. When I get home, I'll cook it up with the additional support.
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by faslrn »

patrik wrote:To faslrn:
That key-pickup-autosave is great idea. :thumb: Could you release it in form of standalone mini mod?
(And sorry, if I am asking too much, but it would be great if you could maybe also add support for Heretic, HeXen and Strife keys.)
Just a follow-up, here is the key autosave feature as a standalone mod:
It works with:
  • Doom
  • Hexen
  • Heretic
  • Strife
Let me know if you run into any issues.
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Another update!:
AUG 5 [v1.09]
  • Added more items to the GLDefs. Includes:
    • Keys
    • Armours
    • Lamps
    • Health / Armour bonuses
    • Power-ups
  • Pinkies will now get tired after they charge to bring some balance
  • Added some jazz to the weapon switch animations to make them look a bit cooler
  • Grenade drop chance from enemies doubled
LedIris
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 am

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.09] - Aug 5, 2015

Post by LedIris »

The link is broken for me, 'File not found'
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.09] - Aug 5, 2015

Post by faslrn »

LedIris wrote:The link is broken for me, 'File not found'
Fixed. Forgot I made the download a direct link to the file.
User avatar
patrik
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by patrik »

faslrn wrote: Just a follow-up, here is the key autosave feature as a standalone mod:
Let me know if you run into any issues.
I tested it bit with all IWADs, and it seems to work allright. It is even compatible with stable release of Zandronum, so it shouldnt pose problems to anybody. Thanks. :wink:

BTW, chainsaw from your Faspons mod (regardless of using original or Doom 64 skin) seem to change brightness of shading when used.
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by faslrn »

patrik wrote:
faslrn wrote: Just a follow-up, here is the key autosave feature as a standalone mod:
Let me know if you run into any issues.
I tested it bit with all IWADs, and it seems to work allright. It is even compatible with stable release of Zandronum, so it shouldnt pose problems to anybody. Thanks. :wink:

BTW, chainsaw from your Faspons mod (regardless of using original or Doom 64 skin) seem to change brightness of shading when used.
You're welcome :wink:

I will look into the brightness issue. I have tons of time at work today to fiddle around. Would you happen to have some screenshots or a small video for me to look at for reference?
User avatar
patrik
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 am

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by patrik »

faslrn wrote: I will look into the brightness issue. I have tons of time at work today to fiddle around. Would you happen to have some screenshots or a small video for me to look at for reference?
(NOTE: I tested this only in software renderer of zdoom, because my GPU is too pathetic for gzdoom.)
It can be very easily reproduced. Just for example launch DOOM2.WAD, right out of the bat on first map, go into hall that connects starting area with lookout with chainsaw.
And there fire chainsaw and observe walls. At default gamma level they are supposed to be pitch black, but after you use it, they will bright up a bit and they will stay that way, up to the moment you will use it again. Funny glitch is that it will cycle between lighting and darkening if you keep using it.
I just noticed rifle does the same thing. Only difference is that, it wont cycle between lighting and darkening and walls just stay brightened up.
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.08] - Aug 3, 2015

Post by faslrn »

patrik wrote:
faslrn wrote: I will look into the brightness issue. I have tons of time at work today to fiddle around. Would you happen to have some screenshots or a small video for me to look at for reference?
(NOTE: I tested this only in software renderer of zdoom, because my GPU is too pathetic for gzdoom.)
It can be very easily reproduced. Just for example launch DOOM2.WAD, right out of the bat on first map, go into hall that connects starting area with lookout with chainsaw.
And there fire chainsaw and observe walls. At default gamma level they are supposed to be pitch black, but after you use it, they will bright up a bit and they will stay that way, up to the moment you will use it again. Funny glitch is that it will cycle between lighting and darkening if you keep using it.
I just noticed rifle does the same thing. Only difference is that, it wont cycle between lighting and darkening and walls just stay brightened up.
Thanks for the info! I can totally replicate it. It actually happens for any weapon because of the GLDefs something. Let me see what I can do.

[EDIT]k,it totally has to do with the puffs har har, to do with lights with the A_Saw and other weapons. See what I can do to resolve this.

Got it resolved! Will go through to make sure any other smoke effects are removed when disabling the option through the menu and upload that version.
User avatar
faslrn
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Steam: faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.10] - Aug 6, 2015

Post by faslrn »

New update (mostly bug fixes):
AUG 6 [v1.10]
  • Fixed bug with map lighting when firing certain weapons
  • Expanded the fancy smoke disable to many other smoke effects in the game
  • Added a new Pinky idle animation

Return to “Gameplay Mods”