[3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D mod (enemy tracer attacks)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

[3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D mod (enemy tracer attacks)

Post by CeeJay »

Just a little Wolf3D/WWII themed gameplay mod i've been working on for 3DGE since 2015, with its "seeds" going back much further. Nothing too special or revolutionary, just a fun little mod featuring a colourful rouge gallery and a ton of weapons at your disposal. Compared to DOOM, it is more frantic and difficult seeing as enemies move faster, are more aggresive and don't instigate infighting (they don't shoot through eachother like Wolf3D, though). Your weapons also require reloading. Most of them anyways.

Requires latest version of 3DGE. It will not work with GZDoom, ZDoom, Skulltag, Zandronum or any port other than 3DGE.

WEAPONS
Spoiler:
MEET THE CAST
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS (outdated)
removed until further notice

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c898368v5 ... blitz2.epk (for use with newer builds/versions of 3DGE)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8omq463hj ... BLITZ2.WAD (if you are using 3DGE 2.0.4 Final or older)

Castle Totenkopf soundtrack for DOOM 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/40gm8 ... opfmus.zip (credits to Wolf Skevos-Jones)

CREDITS
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 73 times in total.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Chris' WWII/Wolf3D gameplay mod (coming soon)

Post by xenoxols »

This looks great, although I would like to see a chaingun/minigun, as this looks to take more inspiration from Wolf3d than actual WW2. I could be wrong though.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

It's a "what if Wolfenstein 3D was a little more realistic" kind of mod :D

Seriously though, you don't think three fully-automatic weapons is enough? If you know anything about the MG42, you'll know it would more than make up for the absent of a chaingun/minigun. So the answer is no, there will be no such weapon.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

It was more of a "not cool enough" problem than one of function.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Oh man this looks really cool! Very much looking forward to this.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

xenoxols wrote:It was more of a "not cool enough" problem than one of function.
The MG42 is also cool in my book, man that thing sprays out bullets like crazy and the recoil is just insane. Check it out on youtube.

EDIT:
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I like that hud face!
Also, it's really surprising how many things I see that old knife sprite of mine in. Sure has come a long way since Return to Danger!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:I like that hud face!
Also, it's really surprising how many things I see that old knife sprite of mine in. Sure has come a long way since Return to Danger!
Really? I only ever remember seeing it in that mod. I made it widescreen friendly and redid the slashing attack.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

how about make ''grease gun'' when player start with this gun and classic m1911 also are you gonna add some musics from classic indiana jones or other sountracks?.And (this is epicenter question) does game becone BRUTEL? or classic wolfestien type game?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

cem26 wrote:how about make ''grease gun'' when player start with this gun and classic m1911
The weapons have already been decided. You start with a Luger. Finding .45 ACP (ammo for M1911) would probably be difficult in the heart of Nazi territory.
cem26 wrote:also are you gonna add some musics from classic indiana jones or other sountracks?
Why? There'll be no new levels with this, so why would I add music, and why Indiana Jones?
cem26 wrote:And (this is epicenter question) does game becone BRUTEL? or classic wolfestien type game?
Not sure what you mean. This isn't Brutal DOOM/Brutal Wolf3D. I guess it's classic. Is that all people want nowadays? Brutal DOOM and a hundred variations and patches of it/for it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

CeeJay wrote:Not sure what you mean. This isn't Brutal DOOM/Brutal Wolf3D. I guess it's classic. Is that all people want nowadays? Brutal DOOM and a hundred variations and patches of it/for it.
Nope, that's just what cem26 wants, and IMO, he can be safely ignored.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I like the dual wielded MP-40s - the weapon selection also kinda resembles that of the SDL version of Wolf3D mod Castle Totenschloss.
Just a couple of questions though:
1. Are the weapons gonna be hitscan or fire tracers?
2. What exactly am I credited for?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Yay, 3DGE mod! I just entered the 3DGE world, and i can't wait to play this one! Good luck, CeeJay! The project looks very interesting judging by the screenshots!

(p.s: can you recommend something 3DGE powered to keep me busy while you're working on this mod? 8-) )
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

MJ79 wrote:I like the dual wielded MP-40s - the weapon selection also kinda resembles that of the SDL version of Wolf3D mod Castle Totenschloss.
Just a couple of questions though:
1. Are the weapons gonna be hitscan or fire tracers?
2. What exactly am I credited for?
1. No, hitscan. I was experimenting with tracers but it was less than convincing and a little glitchy. Looked nice though.
2. Can't remember off-hand. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Can't say I've heard of Castle Totenschloss, certainly will check it out.
jdredalert wrote:Yay, 3DGE mod! I just entered the 3DGE world, and i can't wait to play this one! Good luck, CeeJay! The project looks very interesting judging by the screenshots!

(p.s: can you recommend something 3DGE powered to keep me busy while you're working on this mod? 8-) )
Welcome, friend. There aren't many mods being made for 3DGE. I can direct you to two of my works:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... om+Forever
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... t=Wolf3dge
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

MJ79 wrote:I like the dual wielded MP-40s - the weapon selection also kinda resembles that of the SDL version of Wolf3D mod Castle Totenschloss.
That was Wolf Skevos-Jones (WSJ)'s Castle Totenkopf.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”