Wolfenstein and beeeeeeeeeeeyooooooond!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
BigDaveHadSomeToo
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Wolfenstein and beeeeeeeeeeeyooooooond!

Post by BigDaveHadSomeToo »

Contents:
Chapter 1: This Post, the One you're reading right now
Chapter 2: Ozymandias81 strikes with .pngs!
Chapter 3: Strife Characters have very wide shoulders
Chapter 4: An armed person, in at time of 1944? In this part of Europe!? Localized entirely within your Military Base!?
Chapter 5: Ozymandias81 Strikes again!
Chapter 6: M1A1s (not M1A1s, M1A1s, M1A1s or M1A1s)
Chapter 7: Copyright Infringement
Chapter 8: In which our hero forgets backpacks, and does another set of pickups, but no actual first person sprites
Chapter 9: Ozymandias81 is back, and this time, it's personnel. (get it, because personnel and personnel sound the same? If I have to explain the joke, it must be funny!)
Chapter 10: Ozymandias81 strikes once more, only this time it's this time, and not the other times.
Chapter 11: We discover the true meaning of friendship, through following the Geneva convention and remembering backpacks exist
Chapter 12: Ozymandias81 strikes IV: The Paras!
Chapter 13: Firepower beats Fascists!
Chapter 14: Fixed firepower
Chapter 15: In which our hero creates some first-persons sprites. Only this once though. Don't get your hopes up.
Chapter 16: A whole bunch of AR-15s
Chapter 17: Putting Izhmash out of business
Chapter 18: Holy Hellfire, it's the flammenwerfer!
Chapter 19: The Flammenwerfer is back, and this time he's slightly different!
Chapter 20: Our hero returns, only to have an aneurysms after they realize id doesn't know the difference between clips and magazines
Chapter 21: Orbs of Power!
Chapter 22: I used to play football! There's butter on my head!

You're free to use or modify any of these sprites for non-commercial DooM or Wolfenstein projects. I don't require attribution, but it's always nice to get it. Pretty much all the character sprites are based on Wolf Skevos-Jones's work, so remember to credit them as well!
If you want to use these in other non-commercial projects (ie, standalone freeware games), get in touch to discuss terms first. (A lot of stuff here isn't made from scratch - so it's more of a case of 'I can't give you permission', rather than 'I don't want to')
Commercial Use is forbidden.

Allied Troops:
British infantry pictured, also has Paratroopers, Russkies with and without helmets, US Army, Airborne and Marines. Currently just with Generic wolfenstein machineguns, but I am working on rifle and slightly more realistic submachinegun dudes. Just wanted to get these out because I know I'm going to run out of steam and not finish them, also no rotations for the pain state or British troops with Helmets - wasn't able to get them looking satisfactory :oops:

Gotta do Ozzies, (maybe Canucks, too, I'm not sure if they had a significantly different uniform from the rest of the commonwealth), also, maybe French, but I think they had slightly blue-grey uniforms that wouldn't work in the DooM pallette... PNGs, though

These are based off Wolf Skevos-Jones Afrika Korps, so he probably deserves more credit for them than I do. The Beret is from Mr Wolf's modern-ish soldiers.

A buttload of pickup sprites:
Mostly cardboard boxes and C96s. But, let's face it, if the world was just cardboard boxes and C96s, it'd probably be a better place. Oh, and Xenonauts style grenades.
Attachments
20150628.7z
Allies and Pickup sprites
(64.75 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Last edited by BigDaveHadSomeToo on Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Big C

Re: Wolfenstein and beeeeeeeeeeeyooooooond!

Post by Big C »

Those are some great gun pickup sprites! :D
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT! Maybe some of these will be good for Blade of Agony! :-D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BigDaveHadSomeToo wrote:Allied Troops
Would you mind if we use these in Blade of Agony?
BigDaveHadSomeToo

Tormentor667 wrote:
BigDaveHadSomeToo wrote:Allied Troops
Would you mind if we use these in Blade of Agony?
I would be honoured! :D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Brilliant, thanks alot :)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Just popping in to say WOW! These are definitely the BEST allied soldier sprites I've seen for a while!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@BigDave
If you like I'll upload here a link (or PM to you if you like) with your sprites we needed for BoA but cropped, pngout'd and offset'd. Just wait 1/2 days.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Very cool stuff, but any chance we could see pistol enemy varieties? and perhaps shotgun/rifle?
BigDaveHadSomeToo

Ozymandias81 wrote:@BigDave
If you like I'll upload here a link (or PM to you if you like) with your sprites we needed for BoA but cropped, pngout'd and offset'd. Just wait 1/2 days.
Feel free! :)
Dynamo wrote:Very cool stuff, but any chance we could see pistol enemy varieties? and perhaps shotgun/rifle?
Possibly, Rifles are pretty much done, just need firing rotations (since they're intended to be used as friendlies, it doesn't make sense for them to always be aiming at the player). And I'd probably have to do pistol versions to do other varieties anyway (to fill out the extra space on the uniforms - just a matter of doing the firing sprites).
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

This is absolutely perfect for one of my ideas. Thanks much for the ups bro.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

One request though that I just noticed: Rotation sprites for pain states anyone? :)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@BigDave
OK, I'm gettin' started with stuff I stated previously to you. This would be a way to thank you for your awesome work.
Done with Paratroopers.zip
US Paratrooper - Cropped, PNGout'd, Sorted with 8 rotations names, GL Friendly Offsets, Pain sprites needed (I)
(69 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Done with ArmyHelm.zip
US Army with Helmet - Cropped, PNGout'd, Sorted with 8 rotations names, GL Friendly Offsets, new Pain sprites included (I)
(85.54 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
(Forgot to add names to sprites, attachment reuploaded)
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BigDaveHadSomeToo wrote:Stuff of brilliance!
One question BigDaveHadSomeToo: We are currently using this one as sprite for the bartender in our intermission map:
It's stolen from Strife and pretty lame. Do you think you can come up with something more fitting? It doesn't need to have walking, death, attack or pain states, just something static, maybe doing some gestures, cleaning a glass, things like that :)

Return to “Resources”