HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Silentdarkness12

Re: [THE END?] HXRTC Ultimate Pack 1.7b

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

plorp

That's the sound this thread will make as it slowly sinks into the quicksand that is the ZDoom forums directory.

.....but seriously tho. That's pretty much it for this mod until further notice. Hexeretic's orders.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:plorp

That's the sound this thread will make as it slowly sinks into the quicksand that is the ZDoom forums directory.

.....but seriously tho. That's pretty much it for this mod until further notice. Hexeretic's orders.
Um...are you sure you're the one that gets to make that call? This is awfully negative. If the thread gets updates, let it get updates. If it wants to sink, leave it alone. Don't just come in and talk about how it's going to die.
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:plorp

By your decree, this thread shall be silenced.

(seriously)
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Huh, what's going on here actually? :nope:

@Silentdarkness12: OK, I see. Really, do you think so?

Let me repeat what I said before, if it has not become clear yet...

This project is still NOT abandoned. Not yet. It's just on hold, while I keep my hands busy in some other alternative projects. That does not mean it will stop receiving updates. I did not mean that at all. And well yes, maybe this thread will be sinked down, or maybe not, who knows. But that, my friend, only time (and my free time availability) will tell... Not anyone else.

Not pretending to be rude, but I think you could have saved that unnecessary comment... :roll:

@The Thing Thing: Thanks a lot for your contributing ideas, I'll take them into account for future next releases. :thumb:

Bye for now...
Silentdarkness12

....Sorry. I was really, really looking forward to 1.8.

I guess I kinda rolled into a funk there for a while upon reading that it was being put on the backburners. I apologize.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

This isn't the first time you've done this. Please stop making announcements on behalf of the creators.
You do not know as much about the project as they do, and they should be the one to talk about the status/information of a project, not some random other poster.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i swear to god or john romero, NO MORE UNNECESSARY BUMPS REGARDLESS YOU WANT TO HEAR ANY NEWS.
Silentdarkness12

TerminusEst13 wrote:This isn't the first time you've done this. Please stop making announcements on behalf of the creators.
You do not know as much about the project as they do, and they should be the one to talk about the status/information of a project, not some random other poster.
I had no intention of appearing to give announcements on behalf of mod developers. Sorry about it ending up that way. I figured I was just rehashing HexereticDoom's previous post, if anything.

I need to work on my temper, I know. Sorry about that, really.

Okay, yeah, i'll leave now.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Well, it's OK then... Anyway don't worry, because the future 1.8 release (perhaps 2.0?) will worth the wait, I promise. :wink:

By the way, I've updated the download file for including a hotfix to eradicate a fistful of bugs, related to some erroneous enemy deaths. Hope they're all fixed now!

So I strongly recommend re-downloading the file...

Doombye, everybody! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Ultimate Pack 2.0 (NEW RELEASE!!!)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

OK people, I finally came with a big new release for the H-Pack! Version 2.0 is now a reality! :)

You know, somehow and after all, I felt I couldn't leave alone this moddy thing, in fact it deserved a quite major update, why not... So then, I have put my best efforts all this last weeks ago, and after quite hard work and heavy testing, I present all of you the new HXRTC Ultimate Pack.

What does it bring? What's new? What's old? What's still missing? All those questions have their respective (and long) answers, but for shortening them and being a bit concise, here is a quick list for what you will encounter in v2.0:

- New Dual Weapons: now you can use two Berettas or two Plasma Rifles at the same time!
- New helpful items: more color variants of Health bonuses, Armor bonuses and SoulSpheres, plus two new MegaSphere-like items: AlphaSphere & BetaSphere!
- Restyled Health, Armor and Ammo system. Now you can bring PLENTY of these, much more than before, helping you a lot this way to survive in very heavy ambushes and/or insanely hard Megawads.
- A couple of new enemies: the Dark Gremlin and the Frosty Slug. Beware, they are very DANGEROUS!!!
- Included some new alternate deaths for Vanilla Doom enemies.
- Some new attack patterns for the Archvile: despiting he can't revive enemies anymore, his new hellish techniques make him a very powerful foe! You're warned!!!
- New damage factors for some weapons & enemies: fire weapons are very effective against icy enemies, but not versus stoney ones. Ice weapons are best against fire enemies & stone enemies. Poison attacks do not affect to poison-nature enemies.
- New secondary fires for Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon: HML now can shoot Frozen Bones' seeking ice balls, and FC can shoot Rocky Mancubus' projectiles, allowing to cause heavy 'stone' damage to foes.
- Two new ammo items: Gasoil Cans and Venom Bottles. Use them to refill your special Monster Weapons!
- New big Mistery Boxes! What wonders you will encounter inside them? They will appear as a special reward when you take away huge Boss Enemies (Cybies or BigSpider species, you know!)
- Some new extra decoration elements.
- A new Title Header and Help screen.
- Many revisions, tweakings and bugfixings.

Of course, the HXRTC-HUD included in pack has been also updated and been a bit restyled for including the new extra elements! :wink:

Still TO-DO list:
- Including a shop system for the H-Pack. (Holy hell, I find it harder than I thought! Need more time to accomplish this goal, hope I can reach it someday...) :|
- Some other things. (As I said once, there's always room to improve!)
=:)

For now, it's almost all... But not absolutely all, don't forget!

Cheerio and have fun! 8-)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Cool, I'm gonna give it a try now. I think the ModDB page may have either not updated yet, or didn't upload right, since the download is still version 1.7.
Silentdarkness12

Whooooooooooooooo

whooooooo

whoo

But seriously, it's nice to see it's back already! :D

Looking forward to that shop system.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

When dual wielding the berettas or the plasma rifles, I am unable to fire both at once even if I press FIRE+ALT-FIRE simultaneously. Is this how it's supposed to work?
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Do you mind if I update the enemy health bar for you? I updated my hud a while back to fix some issues.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Hell Revealed 2's menu is missing whenever this mod is loaded along with it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”