Ultimate DoomVisor

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: Ultimate DoomVisor

Post by Abba Zabba »

Can't really try it out at the moment due to a power outage and only having my phone...but this looks nothing short of amazing! This is without a doubt probably my favorite helmet / visor type HUD.
Big C

Post by Big C »

I'm most impressed at all the gameplay options built-in---with the UDV difficulty, the armor requirement for flashlight usage, the Dark DooM options, and the radar, this is WAY more than just a simple HUD mod.

It goes along EXCELLENTLY with Brutal Doom Johnny, Glaice's Hardcore DooM maps, and the ambient soundpack of your choice.
Average

Post by Average »

This is really impressive. The mod really does feel like Doomguy finally has a new set of armour! The added abilities and tweaks don't break the game but certainly add to it.

I kind of agree with Max Dickings though. It would be cool to have the cracks represent armour damage and the blood represent body damage. I understand your thinking in that the armour is the main thing taking damage but it messes with my wee brain to see the screen covered in blood but having full health!

Other than that though, I think this is a great addition to many Doom mods and mapsets. Well done. :)
Doom Juan

Post by Doom Juan »

Excellent work, been giving it a blast this morning: well done! 8-)
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

If someone's using both Smooth Doom and Droplets mod, use this quick fix I made and load it after UDV (which is loaded after SD / Droplets). Feel free to share it, just don't remove / edit the included credits file. :D
I might do a Smooth Doom / Droplets only fix. Maybe :p

It's my first compatibility patch by the way, so if you find any errors (shouldn't be any), contact me.

EDIT: Okay, for some reason it doesn't work even though it did work, monsters are dripping blood but there are no variations or smooth animations. Sorry, I'll look into it :(

EDIT2: Okay, after some tweaking and one (deleted) post later, I found out that you need to edit the B file, you can't create a patch / mutator. So use the attached file instead of B_Vanilla one.
Spoiler:
EDIT3: Keycards and skulls don't work. If someone more skilled wants to make a patch like this, go on. :oops:
Attachments
UDV_v1.50_B_SmoothDoom_Droplets.pk3
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Last edited by Xeotroid on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Just loaded the base version with my modded version of Weasel's ReDoom and it works quite nicely. I'll clean up the warnings later for a version just with ReDoom.
DrMoney

Post by DrMoney »

Any chance you could make this remember you're mini-radar setting? Right now it turns off at the start of every level.
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Xeotroid wrote:If someone's using both Smooth Doom and Droplets mod, use this quick fix I made and load it after UDV (which is loaded after SD / Droplets). Feel free to share it, just don't remove / edit the included credits file. :D
I might do a Smooth Doom / Droplets only fix. Maybe :p

It's my first compatibility patch by the way, so if you find any errors (shouldn't be any), contact me.

EDIT: Okay, for some reason it doesn't work even though it did work, monsters are dripping blood but there are no variations or smooth animations. Sorry, I'll look into it :(

EDIT2: Okay, after some tweaking and one (deleted) post later, I found out that you need to edit the B file, you can't create a patch / mutator. So use the attached file instead of B_Vanilla one.
Spoiler:
EDIT3: Keycards and skulls don't work. If someone more skilled wants to make a patch like this, go on. :oops:
Cool man, great job! I'll see if I can tweak it up a bit. I will include it in my next update if I can get everything working right.
DrMoney wrote:Any chance you could make this remember you're mini-radar setting? Right now it turns off at the start of every level.
I intentionally left it off at the start of every level because it sometimes can cause freeze-ups and performance issues on maps with a large number of enemies. It has to calculate the position of everything all at once, and I think its better left like this, albeit inconvenient.

Also I just pushed out a small update. Found out I was breaking some GLDEFS for lighting/shadows on some things. New version should fix that. Also changed the radar icons to be UP/DOWN arrows for enemies above and below you instead of color coded circles. Feels better that way. Grab it at the source link from the first post if you feel like it!
DrMoney

Post by DrMoney »

Oh that makes sense, thank for explaining. And thanks for making the newest addition to my Autoload :).
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

Hey all, I'm testing out a new feature... check this out and let me know what you think:

There is a new difficulty level called Hardcore and I've implemented a few new features. If you are at 20 health or below, you will bleed out at a rate of 1 HP per 15 seconds, and be slowed to half the UDV - Truly Brutal speed. You set a key in controls to use the EMS(Emergency Medical System), if you are below 20 health, you can heal yourself for 20 health at the cost of 40 armor, only if you have 80 armor or higher.

Also, you will be 50% faster if you have 180 health or higher.

Let me know what you think. I will add some sound prompts later on, but I want to know how the functionality feels.

I feel the amounts are just about right, I don't want to give a crazy advantage in this mode, but I do want you to have a healing option.

At the moment these new features only affect the new Hardcore difficulty, but I'll probably have it available as a regular option too.

https://mega.co.nz/#!cQMnQTSK!UmIPu262T ... 930dWtf_YU
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

New version available, grab it at the link on the first post!
johnny

Post by johnny »

This really is my favorite hud. This and NC just can't be beaten!
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

johnny wrote:This really is my favorite hud. This and NC just can't be beaten!
And looking at NC Hud is what got me started on mine!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Id love to see this hud compatible with woolie woole's mutiny mod
Big C

Post by Big C »

I'd like to see it compatible with Hideous Destructor, but if that never happens I won't mind---Heaven knows what an experience trying to mash up two very coding-intensive mods would result in. :P

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”