Edge: The Game [Hatred]

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Reactor

Re: Edge: The Game [Hatred]

Post by Reactor »

Wooo, that ending was dumb....

Since the nuclear plant came into the so-called "story", it was pretty obvious that blowing it up will be the primary objective. If there's a gun in the act, it always gets fired at someone sooner or later. Damn typical, over-used plot device in 99% of the games which feature a nuclear plant. And of course, nuclear plants don't work that way.
I was hoping that I could find some sense in this game, but looks to me that this game is really nothing more than a mindless massacre. Being literally filled with lead, and the console behind is perfectly clean? Impossible. Pushing the button after getting shot about 200 times? Double impossible.
And the nuclear explosion was also pretty low. Resident Evil 3 Nemesis' nuclear explosion was a hundred times better, and that game is about 20 years older than this...
Big C

Post by Big C »

So there may be other AO games coming to Steam, and the example under the link...Well, the weeaboo-ish art isn't that great and isn't endearing me. I'd rather be reading Katawa Shoujo.

I'm torn. Between this/the Hatred controversy, Greenlight's silliness, and the paid mods fiasco I don't feel like giving Valve more of my money. Yet my friends still use it to play multiplayer games I like, and some of my favorite devs only release on there. Grumble grumble.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Big C wrote:I'm torn. Between this/the Hatred controversy, Greenlight's silliness, and the paid mods fiasco I don't feel like giving Valve more of my money. Yet my friends still use it to play multiplayer games I like, and some of my favorite devs only release on there. Grumble grumble.
I don't blame you. The paid mod fiasco was the final straw for me in terms of giving Valve money. After that the only game I even have installed on Steam is Starbound (because I don't think there's a DRM-free version out yet). Everything else in my library is either something I can get elsewhere (STALKER Franchise, UT99/2004 on GOG), games that have source ports and thus don't need Steam (Doom, Quake, Strife, Heretic, Hexen), games I tried and didn't like, and games I've boycotted (anything using Steam Workshop, any game by Valve, anything using Source).

When Doom 4 was first announced my only wish for it was to not be on Steam. I'm pretty much expecting it to be on Steam now considering how successful it is so I'm at least hoping it'll follow along the same lines as Wolf: TNO and Wolf: TOB and not have any Workshop shenanigans in it.

However I'm pretty much expecting there to be some stupid bullshit attached to the new Doom that's gonna ruin my already-cautious optimism for the game, Workshop or not. :\
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Think I found the best Hatred video ever.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Spoiler:
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

this is perfect, wikipedia should leave it alone
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

The lines from the intro sounds awfully familiar. Namely the "my name is not important". Not sure, but maybe it's from Grand Theft Auto III.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

its in the intro cutscene
but thats what the internet is calling him ,as hatey mchatred is not sticking sadly
Also the wikipedia page has been fixed sadly, and it calls him the "crusader"
also im going to go edit it back
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

demo_the_man wrote:its in the intro cutscene
but thats what the internet is calling him ,as hatey mchatred is not sticking sadly
Also the wikipedia page has been fixed sadly, and it calls him the "crusader"
also im going to go edit it back
Make sure to cite the game as a source. Wikipedia loves that - it's all over the various Final Fantasy articles.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Aaaand they denied my edit

Return to “Off-Topic”