Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Really nice work here, really neat someone's finally done this! Any chance of converting some of the stuff over to decorate?
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

nice job even better than mine as of right now
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I have updated the download to include the following:
- Global readme info (wolfendoom_readme.txt) with enhanced credits as seen in first post
- Added info to global readme (wolfendoom_readme.txt) that SoD: Lost Episodes requires GZDoom
- Original credits of Spear Revisited included (in readme\original\spear_revisited_credits.txt)

My sincere apologies again for not checking properly regarding sources and mod creators!

Regarding DECORATE:
As you can see, in many cases I went for a combination of dehacked and decorate. I did this mostly because some of the modifications (e.g. stop keys from blinking like Doom keycards) didn't properly work otherwise - at least I couldn't make it happen with my limited knowledge. I still think the solution I came up with works pretty well and won't require any additional messing from my side. Besides that, I have already moved on to other projects since I am also active in the Duke3D and Quake communities, as some of you may know.

ZDoom snapshot zdoom-2.8pre-1615-gf10416a and later include the crash fix for MAP01 of the Original Missions pack.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I just noticed that these are not widescreen friendly. When the status bar ends on the left and right side you see the ugly doom green-stone :(

*EDIT*
Missed the fix file, my fault
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

You shouldn't separate the stuff inside the PK7 files. They contain the original WAD plus the fix file. :P
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Eismann, second encounter, orig, noct, totenhaus, sod, sod_revisited, sod_lost all have a

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 1:
Unexpected character

followed by a weird ASCII character. I'm using the last official GZdoom release (1.8.0.2), not the beta pre *** versions.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Treasure Hunt seems to play the player death sound when you kill the standard brownshirts.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

The GAMEINFO error can occur since this pack was created with advanced ZDoom snapshots from January 2015. Last official GZDoom version is from 2013, so it's possible some files contain code which isn't properly supported if you use an older build. The files run OK with later snapshots.
You have two options: Either you update your GZDoom files or you open the PK7s (with 7-Zip) and delete gameinfo.lmp. That file is not essential for running any addon.

Regarding Treasure Hunt:
In the original addon, guards had no dying sound at all, so I tried to pick one. Maybe the player death sound wasn't a good choice. If it's too annoying, download this version (1.7 MB). It uses guard sounds from original Wolf3D.
gerolf

Post by gerolf »

Thank you NightFright for putting this together!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

If you want you can use some of my decorate enemies from my wolfendoom enhanced mod. Which includes the guards & bosses not infighting each other
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Sun May 10, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
idfreak

Post by idfreak »

I hope the veterans here, and the devs in particular, will forgive my noobishness about this, but just a quick question if you get a chance:

I LOVE Wolfendoom, but until I discovered this forum very recently, my Doom engine of choice was DOOM Legacy, and I played the version of Wolfendoom I found via the old Doom Wad Station before it went south and was reborn.

So now there are three current (?) versions I've found through ModDB as well as this forum:

- wolfendoom.zip
- WolfenDOOM_v2.zip
- wolf4zdoom.zip

I now use Zdoom/Gzdoom of course and wouldn't consider doing it any other way, so can someone please tell me: can I stick with wolf4zdoom.zip and know that I have a complete and current set of Wolfendoom missions? Many thanks in advance for helping me clear this up.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I cannot speak for the other packs as I don't know them, but as far as Laz Rojas' work is concerned, the pack I provided should be pretty much complete. As I stated in the first post, all missions are included except for Die Fuhrer Die. I didn't consider doing that one because this episode is included in the Original Missions already. It seemed kinda redundant to me to provide the same (or at least very similar) content twice.

CeeJay previously made ZDoom versions of the Original and Nocturnal Missions. Both of these are included in this pack, with further fixes and enhancements applied by myself. (It was actually the only grateful part of this project because in these cases the most annoying job was already pretty much done. :P)

However, WolfenDoom ofc doesn't only cover Rojas' stuff but is used for pretty much anything related to Wolfenstein modding for Doom these days. One example is Spear Revisited (by Executor and caleb26) which I included as a bonus, but there are others out there, some of them being WIP still (and quite promising as far as I can see).

In the meantime, I have uploaded a new version of the pack which includes a slightly changed version of Treasure Hunt with original brown guard sounds (same file I provided in my last post separately, so you don't have to download everything again).
idfreak

Post by idfreak »

Thanks NightFright, great info. I think the wolfendoom.zip is the original release - multiple Zips with .wad and .deh files. The V2 is just updates of some of those missions. I noticed your additions and I have to say that I really appreciate the work you've done, and CeeJay's as well. I'd also found SoD Revisited as a separate download, and am glad to see it here too. Looks pretty well exhaustive so I now feel sure I've come to the right place. :)

Best wishes and thanks again! I know I'm going to have many hours of fun with these.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

This is a lovely compilation. And some great tweaks and fixes too. Well done sir. And thanks. Great stuff...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

After trying Portal, I absolutely have to agree with most of the feedback: Awesome job! Really! Thanks alot for doing this!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”