Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 revealed.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 revealed.

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Anyway, who else here is looking forward to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

The good thing I like from a new release of Call of Duty is that means new Call of Dooty will be made :D
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Call of Dooty part 3 was pure genius.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

And This, Ladies and Gentlemen is what will lead to the Great FPS Crash of 2015.

For gods sake, please make a Doom/Duke clone for once, I'm sick of seeing every game being a cash-in Call of Duty knock off honestly. This is why I feel glad I got a Wii U btw: Actual variety in games unlike the other 2 consoles.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Well, Serious Sam, is technically a Duke Nukem reboot, especially after the fall of Duke Nukem Forever. But ye, I'd love to see more FPS games with a slightly different theme than two sides of armies killin' each other with no other backstory than "go there and kill things". This community alone provided fantastic ideas for the next 10 years-worth of good FPS titles - such as Pirate Doom - so I can't imagine why the developers cannot think further than killing people in different coloured uniform. Even Hatred has more potential, excluding that it's a mindless massacre.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Doom is coming this or next year (or the next year, or the next year) and Wolfenstein is getting a prequel of sorts and I think Flying Wild Hog is cooking something new as well.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

They should continue the Spear-saga too, or at least remake Spear Resurrection and Spear: End of Destiny as modern, canonical sequels. Since no other sequels are available, I consider both canon.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Castle Totenkopf or bust.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Another piece of crap that just shows Activision is simply running out of ideas..augmentation and machines are obvious Deus Ex ripoffs and all of that.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Yeah, that's the thing that gets me. Advanced Warfare was a nice breath of fresh air, Activision being Activision aside---was a caffeinated cross between Unreal's bouncy arena shooter combat and Crysis' more tactical suit-centric gameplay.

Trying to steal an entirely different game's thunder just takes the fun out of it for me.
Project Dark Fox wrote:Anyway, who else here is looking forward to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
Moi. I didn't think Human Revolution was the best game, and I don't think the set design was as clever as it was in the original Deus Ex (I loved the cathedral area), but the gunplay was much, MUCH better, which made 'loud' playthroughs much more enjoyable.

That and punching everyone senseless never, EVER got old.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

"How far we can push technology?"

Right answer: To a point where we use it to make a shit like this game
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

The only reason I'd look forward to this thing is to see the Zero Punctuation video giving it a well deserved kick up the jacksie.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Dang, at least they should try to come up with something different! Even a simple "What is this I don't even"-kind of secret or bonus level would boost the real value of such games (not to mention that finding secret and bonus levels would actually enhance replayability). A very good example for this is the level "EYE-SPY" in Tyrian.
So it's not that hard at all...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Reactor wrote:Dang, at least they should try to come up with something different! Even a simple "What is this I don't even"-kind of secret or bonus level would boost the real value of such games (not to mention that finding secret and bonus levels would actually enhance replayability). A very good example for this is the level "EYE-SPY" in Tyrian.
So it's not that hard at all...
Yeah, remember when Zombies was a bonus unlockable? The Mile High Club mission in CoD4? They basically stopped doing those with MW2 (one of the many, many reasons I disliked it).
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Exactly. Even a little secret or bonus content which makes the player think "WTF" can uplift generic boring shooters a lot. Duke Nukem 3D is also renowned not just by it's exciting and fun gameplay but the countless Easter-Eggs and hidden stuff which actually encourages the player to have knowledge about pop-culture. I simply cannot name any other game which had so much great hidden stuff in it, even in the source code.

Return to “Off-Topic”