Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
osjclatchford

Re: Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

Post by osjclatchford »

Having finally dl'd and had a bit of a go I must say it differs greatly from what I expected... however, this and the above comments aside, five Years of hard work have resulted in an incredibly detailed and atmospheric dooming experience. One for the books of 'must see' says I.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

This one of the coolest I've played.Am playing a little at a time,but it's worth the wait as all great wads are. :D
Average

Post by Average »

Just curious but will this eventually be OpenGL friendly?

Just FYI, I've been following this since the days of the original project to release this on the DS back in 2009 (I think!). I honestly never thought it would see the light of day. I can't tell you how impressed I am that it has! You must've been a wee kid when you started this. Must be pretty surreal to think back to when you first started!

Cheers and congrats on at least getting it this far. :)
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Post by FANADICALCOWHEAD »

Yes this will be OpenGL friendly, infact I have those files, but those will be released at a later date. I think the main reason why I decided to release it unfinished, was to uphold the project's own validity, nobody came out and said anything, I don't keep up with anyone in the community anymore, but I suspected that some members may have questioned the project's very own existence. But after seeing March 8 on my calender, I succumbed to emotions I hadn't felt since highschool, when I had an assignment due and nothing to show for it, I'm sure most of us here can relate to that, but I digress.
And you hit the nail on the head with that analysis, it does feel surreal, I grew in many ways through the development of this project, I wonder if its at all reflective within the wad. All I can say is that mapping and Doom, kept me sane during those turbulent times, and it feels good to finally give back to a community that has been so generous to me. In any event, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it because when I first released this, I was half-expecting this flop, especially since most of the maps are unedited.
Anyway, just to let you guys know, this is going to be my last post for next while, I'd love to continue dooming, but I'm just too busy these days, I'll try and pop by around May, if I may, lol.
DominicWhite

Post by DominicWhite »

I must admit that I've not played quite as much as I'd like to yet, but I've enjoyed what I have tried. It's a great mod, and it's clear a lot of love and effort went into it. Can't wait to see the polished-up final version.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Spoiler: Potential Game Spoiler Question
Other than that, it's pretty good.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

just popping in to see if this is done yet...dont mind me. over here. wishing this was done.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

cortlong50 wrote:just popping in to see if this is done yet...dont mind me. over here. wishing this was done.
you do know about the beta right? : http://www.mediafire.com/download/mi50v ... m3Beta.zip its well worth checking out...
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

@oskclatchford Link is broken...
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

DoomCraft wrote:@oskclatchford Link is broken...
here http://www.mediafire.com/download/mi50v ... m3Beta.zip
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

armymen12002003 wrote:
DoomCraft wrote:@oskclatchford Link is broken...
here http://www.mediafire.com/download/mi50v ... m3Beta.zip
Thanks man!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

No problem.
Grant_Wolfskin

Post by Grant_Wolfskin »

I just finished the beta today. I thought it was pretty good. You managed to create a good atmosphere and well detailed maps. I can definitely see you put a lot of work into it. I would love to see it completed one day. It was a little disappointing to not be able to complete Map 30.
doony

Post by doony »

hey, this mod is awesome, I did watch a trailer before its amazing
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Post by FANADICALCOWHEAD »

Hello again everyone, just to let you guys know I'm posting from my first cell phone ever One.of the first things that intrigued me about my android is can it play doom? After a quick look through googleplay I discovered Dgles which really took me by surprise, not only was the frame rate fast but the dynamic lighting and model support had me in awe. Unfortunately the free version is limited I could not even load doom.wad, it just didn't want to budge out of freedoom so I promptly removed it, I then went to Google to see if I could find prboom and almost as soon as I searched for it, I found it. After doing a quick test I liked what I found, I knew one wad that I really needed to try out on prboom4android, yep you guessed it dsdoom3, it works great, the only bug that I encountered is that the game freezes when you use the plasma rifle, but compared to dsdoom it's stable, I'll be honest dsdoom3 runs like shit on dsdoom, not only is the frame rate sluggish but the game would crash after the 3rd level, to make matters worse dsdoom didn't even have music support. Despite the ds port of prbooms lack of refinement my efforts were not in vein, as I believe I have found an even larger audience through mobile devices I think it might be a while before we see zdoom on phones, but for a great dooming experience on your phone dsdoom3 is a fun experience to try. I just hope development continues as there minor issues with the phone port.
IT

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”