Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

Postby FANADICALCOWHEAD » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Sorry guys this wont be released today, since my winter break I haven't had much free-time lately and even during my March break, I've pretty much been at work and starting my second job as a bike technician. However, the game is pretty much playable start to finish, for those of you who cant stand waiting any longer, I will send out copies. But based on the way things have been lately and the mountain of school and work ahead of me, I cant say when this will be done.
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Postby armymen12002003 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Ok id like a copy
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armymen12002003
Good to go.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby -Ghost- » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:06 pm

I'd like to try it out as well. If it's pretty much done maybe we can at least do some bug testing for you to check out when you have time later.
-Ghost-

Postby scalliano » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:47 pm

I concur.
scalliano
Resident ZDoom Waifu

Postby Ribo Zurai » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Me too, this one looks brillant.
Ribo Zurai

Postby DominicWhite » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:51 pm

I'd rather like a beta/release candidate copy to poke around, too! Honestly, you might as well just put out an 'RC1' version and take feedback from that. It worked for ZDCMP2 after all.
DominicWhite

Postby Devianteist » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:02 pm

I too would like to request a copy of this. I have been eagerly and patiently waiting ever since I first found this thread, and a beta is too tantalizing to pass up.
Devianteist
Daddy Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Postby Ma77 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:24 pm

It would be cool if we could play it looks like cacoward material
Ma77
This is Neither Divine OR a Comedy

Postby FANADICALCOWHEAD » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:48 pm

As much as I am against releasing dsdoom3 in its unfinished form, I made you guys a promise, and it would be dishonest of me to with-hold this wad any longer. However I do ask that you save your suggestions until the levels become a little more complete, there is nothing more annoying to an author then to be bombarded with suggestions that you are already in the process of resolving. Anyway, without further ado, I hope this doesn't ruin the surprise.

(EDit) Dont run this wad with openGL otherwise the fog hack will not appear.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mi50v ... m3Beta.zip
FANADICALCOWHEAD

Postby Cryomundus » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:49 pm

FANADICALCOWHEAD wrote:As much as I am against releasing dsdoom3 in its unfinished form, I made you guys a promise, and it would be dishonest of me to with-hold this wad any longer. However I do ask that you save your suggestions until the levels become a little more complete, there is nothing more annoying to an author then to be bombarded with suggestions that you are already in the process of resolving. Anyway, without further ado, I hope this doesn't ruin the surprise.

(EDit) Dont run this wad with openGL otherwise the fog hack will not appear.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mi50v ... m3Beta.zip

FYI, on your OP, Imageshack nuked about half or so of your screenshots. If you need a spot to reupload, try maybe http://imgur.com/ or http://tinypic.com/.
Cryomundus

Postby -Ghost- » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Just tried out the first few levels. You did a great job combining that classic Doom feel with Doom 3's feel. The monsters and weapons are pretty cool too, though I think the pinkie demon replacement needs a little more detail to it. There could be a little more sound variety too, like more noises for pickups, but that's a minor thing.

I'd love to see a standalone monster/weapon replacer after you've finished the mapset, you have a good set of replacements there and it's hard to find a Doom 3 pack that doesn't add a ton of other stuff.
-Ghost-

Postby armymen12002003 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:19 pm

-Ghost- wrote:Just tried out the first few levels. You did a great job combining that classic Doom feel with Doom 3's feel. The monsters and weapons are pretty cool too, though I think the pinkie demon replacement needs a little more detail to it. There could be a little more sound variety too, like more noises for pickups, but that's a minor thing.

I'd love to see a standalone monster/weapon replacer after you've finished the mapset, you have a good set of replacements there and it's hard to find a Doom 3 pack that doesn't add a ton of other stuff.

I agee the only thing this is missing is the supershotgun
armymen12002003
Good to go.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Devianteist » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:24 pm

FANADICALCOWHEAD wrote:However I do ask that you save your suggestions until the levels become a little more complete, there is nothing more annoying to an author then to be bombarded with suggestions that you are already in the process of resolving.

Aaand, already this was ignored. Lovin' the beta release.

I suck so much, I keep dying.
Devianteist
Daddy Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Postby -Ghost- » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:20 am

Sorry, it's just an automatic response when playing a beta. It's hard to really post anything about a mapset without suggestions or noticed things. :P
-Ghost-

Postby grouchbag » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:06 am

Very nice looking.
grouchbag
I'm just a little old lady

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects