Well, best of luck
I'd LOVE to see another Mr. Smiley adventure. If you don't mind, I'd like to pinpoint a few thingz I have in mind, particularly from the original one.
- Some kind of story would be welcomed. I never really understood what was Doom 3 about, who is this Mr. Smiley and why is he takin' a safari and such. Even if it's just one paragraph, it's still something
. Hell, even Action 52 games had a few lines for story.
- We still stick to a safari? Mr. Smiley could have a different quest for part 2, like um..."Mr. Smiley goes to the North Pole" or just something generic, like "Mr. Smiley's BIG adventure".
- Coca-colas should increase health even above 199% (if it's possible)
- Boss enemies could use more health than original Doom bosses, but don't make'em ridiculously powerful. I remember I had to attack that damn snowman for about 10 minutes until I could finally kill it.
- Make sure you include funny Easter Egg-ish music, like the original had (Beverly Hills Cop theme, Vivaldi - Spring, Starwars and so on)
- Vidal Sassoon hairspray is out of da market. Use Pantene Pro-V or Fructis instead
- If you still keep the snowman as a boss, you should make it 24-bit, and not a cartoon character. Somewhere I have a set of enemy snowman sprites if y'need some.
- "Coffee cup" should be "Smiley-hot cocoa".
- Why does a Nike shoe gives you 200% armor?
- Those gray Alien-wannabes look very poor. In the Realm667 beastiary, there are much better alien sprites for Imp replacements.
- The eyeball and the Barney dinosaur should have different death screams.
- Make sure there'll be no "never-ending game". For instance, if you found the secret exit in Episode 2, and you finished the secret level, you were returned to the previous level, meaning that you could enter the secret level and return to the previous level for all eternity.
- It's OK if you don't flood the level with ammunition, I actually enjoyed Episode 2, but then make sure you hide the Smiley Toothbrush early in the game!
These are my thoughts for now, hope they help you a bit