Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Ashes - Post-apocalypse TC -WIP (Weapon preview RELEASE)

Post by Vostyok »

xenoxols wrote: Realistically, the M1911 would be better in almost every way, however you could make it no that you discard the bullets left in magazine with the M1911 while the revolver keeps unused bullets, as you don't actually have to take them out of the gun. This would lead to more balanced gameplay while reaming sort of realistic.
Aha! I hadn't even thought of that! Obvious really!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:That's amazing. Can you imagine the damage caused? I was thinking maybe an armored glove with a short barrel and a shotgun shell (like a punch-gun), but this takes it up to 11!
and that's what the fallout new vegas' ballistic fist was pretended to be, but they decided to make it use the infinite ammo due to codding errors.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, Fallout tactics actually did it first, but hardly anyone played that, so whatever. The one in Vegas was bugged to fuck. You could use a paralyzing palm attack in VATS, and the glove would still work, shooting straight through your own fingers for no effect.

I've been working on some sprites for a M1911(A1) in my spare time. Thinking of adding sleeves to player hands, like the old Agent Zero sprite sheet. I've got a mockup of what the Colt will probably look like, along with a shot of one that has been permanently upgraded for comparison.

Image Image

Question. Has anyone used intermission screens to show multiple text and image stills, like the still cutscenes at the end of each Duke3d episode. I'd like to tell a story with two or three accompanying pictures with each block of text. Any ideas?
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Notes after playing the demo:

pistol damage could be increased a tidge, but this is down to decision depending on a more full release and what is needed. not saying it needs it, just that if it did need it it would be ok.

are the disposed shotgun shells a tiny bit too small?

maybe make the sawed-off reload a little longer? to stop the shotgun having original doom shotgun syndrome. or make it less accurate. and give it more power. and maybe give it a larger spread/more bullets fired at each shot.
or give the shotgun an extra shell or two.

make the shotgun guards or the equivalent level enemies in the full release use only the single shotgun not the double.

crowbar sprite is all sorts of messed up, the thumbs in a weird position, the fingers are too long, and the whole thing flips round when you attack.

also tone down the crowbar sound a little bit? it sounds a bit cartoony.
the hitting an enemy sound is a little over the top too, and the hitting a wall sound also is a little too resonant.
and it should really still play the swish sound even when it hits something.

the grenade from the grenade launcher looks like it comes from above a little.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Don't worry, this is all getting fixed for next preview.

Damage is reduced so people can try the weapons out in vanilla doom/doom2 without insta-gibbing everything smaller than a demon. The cannibals are a lot tougher than zombies, and more vicious, and I wanted the weapons to be as effective in multiplayer. Maybe not as one-hit-kill as counterstrike, but certainly better than plinking people to death with (apparently) .22 pistols.

Crowbar sprite is being replaced, as are most of the sounds. Xenoxols sent me some excellent retouches, I'll be uploading them very soon.

Thanks for the input, though.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Well, for more positive feedback, all the weapons look and feel great.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Vostyok wrote:Image Image
Delicious.
Ideas brewing...

"...damn."
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

needs duct tape sticked laser sight, just a thought.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Captain J wrote:needs duct tape sticked laser sight, just a thought.
That's a good idea, actually. I'll redo that one.
Slax wrote: Ideas brewing...

"...damn."
:lol: :lol:

"THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!"
Vostyok

Re: Ashes - Post-apocalypse TC - WIP MAPPING

Post by Vostyok »

Right, next update won't be for a while. I'll be releasing the demo of MAP01 as soon as it's done, along with a stand-alone of the weapons for Doom/Doom2. Slight changes going on with the weapons and ammo, based on feedback from preview release. The only real reason for this post, is to let you guys know it's not dead. Just real busy this week, and not really producing anything video or screenshot worthy.

However, finishing frames of the new monster - The Pit Fiend.

Image Image

Okay, It's a mashup of the Stalker and Centaur from Hexen. And I might add some sort of spiked collar or chain. It's a nasty critter that takes a beating, but isn't entirely friendly towards it's mutant keepers. I'll be adding a surprise, non-melee attack though, just to give it something special as opposed to the melee cannibal/"pipe-wielding bastard".

See you soon.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

ooh, replacement for the demon, maybe?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Captain J wrote:ooh, replacement for the demon, maybe?
Yup, although the Imp replacement won't be in the demo. I'm not sure whether to put the Trash-lurker in as Imp or Spectre, so I'll be leaving out Imps for now.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Vostyok, I don't know if you may need this, but take a look to this thread if you need to add dialogue graphics... Also, your project looks fascinating... If you need some proper skyboxes, don't hesitate to contact me. :rock:
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Vostyok, I don't know if you may need this, but take a look to this thread if you need to add dialogue graphics... Also, your project looks fascinating... If you need some proper skyboxes, don't hesitate to contact me. :rock:
OMG! I remember this! I had this on my old A1200!

That's amazing!

And yes, some new skyboxes would be brilliant. Stormy or polluted clouds (if you have some hexen parallax skies, even better) would be perfect.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Here you are 2 useful truecolor pngcrush'd skyboxes from DukePlus (and Gore) + a present for you... :mrgreen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb9jrzodwaxgo ... K1.7z?dl=0

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”