Re-Exhumed [Public Test 1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
SamVision

Re: Re-Exhumed [Public Test 1]

Post by SamVision »

Ugh looks like imgur changed the image name. Yeah these sprites were made by NMN I found them in my archives in a huge folder dedicated to NMN's many fantastic sprites.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

wildweasel wrote:From a quick test, I made it through the underwater section in the first non-training level and found that the game had not removed the "underwater" flag from me. So I could not switch weapons from the slow machete, my movement had random bursts of speed, and the player voice sounded as if it was drowning when I took damage.
Curious. This never happened to me during the playtests. I see a way to change my old acs code, which updates player's status (this includes morphing the player when he enters/exits water). I'll update the test build tomorrow.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Amazing.
The anubite projectiles seem weird now, but I guess I can't expect a 100% faithful version. Interested in new music too, seen as the original music was amazing...
That M60 does and always has though needed cleaning up..

What's the point in a training level?

Any chance of a saturn style hud?

Yeh, the red things are meant to be hard to fight..
Also, what happened to the scorpions? I thought they were a replacement for the red things in the PC version.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Raziel236 wrote:The anubite projectiles seem weird now
Any more details on this?..
Raziel236 wrote:What's the point in a training level?
Just play and see...
Raziel236 wrote:Any chance of a saturn style hud?
What's wrong with the current one?
Raziel236 wrote:Also, what happened to the scorpions? I thought they were a replacement for the red things in the PC version.
Quite the opposite. The PC version had these red spider enemies (the manual calls them "terrainians"), and PSX/Saturn versions had blue scorpions instead of them (I recolored them and used them as harmless "flavour" creatures, similar to rats).
Spoiler:
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Played through the two released levels. Aside from being FOCKING FANTASTIC, I noticed a few issues. One is that the player takes too much damage too quickly, low level grunts could take my health down to 10% very quickly, a second issue is several drops in fps. This rarely happens in GZDoom but in this mod it happens every other time and it gets in the way. Other than that, this mod is amazing and I hope to see it progress further.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

SamVision wrote:...the player takes too much damage too quickly, low level grunts could take my health down to 10% very quickly
Oh well, suppose I also need to lower anubis projectile speed a bit...
SamVision wrote:a second issue is several drops in fps. This rarely happens in GZDoom but in this mod it happens every other time and it gets in the way.
On my 4 year old PC (Intel i5-2500 + GF550 GTX) this happens only when there are a lot of smoke sprites on screen at once (like in the MAP01's end cutscene)...
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

MaxED wrote:
Raziel236 wrote:The anubite projectiles seem weird now
Any more details on this?..

Well the effect is changed.
Raziel236 wrote:What's the point in a training level?
Just play and see...

Errm, I can't on ZDoom so I was just wondering why it was needed, it wasn't needed before..
Raziel236 wrote:Any chance of a saturn style hud?
What's wrong with the current one?

Nothing, just a choice.
Raziel236 wrote:Also, what happened to the scorpions? I thought they were a replacement for the red things in the PC version.
Quite the opposite. The PC version had these red spider enemies (the manual calls them "terrainians"), and PSX/Saturn versions had blue scorpions instead of them (I recolored them and used them as harmless "flavour" creatures, similar to rats).

Well the saturn version I played had red ones but not scorpions.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I've only played the training map but this is impressive. I had two minor problems:

While swimming I seem to get an occasional burst of speed - not sure if it's intentional (simulating swiming) or not.

I don't use WASD but your message told me that I'd mastered using them. :P

Oh, and the push blocks can be killed with MDK. not sure if they can be killed with non-cheaty weaponry.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

The only problem i had while running this in more detail, aside from the Anubis balls' effect of screwing with your view being op, is that the options menus are pretty, prety big, and i'm not talking about options, i'm talking about the font not letting me see more than a few lines, i dunno if this is intended or if is there an option to scale this text to have more options/lines visible.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not sure why but there seems to be some random fogginess here:

walk forward...

Also, were those red spider things that annoying in the original game (I didn't play it much)? They are helluva annoying and sap health away really quickly in this mod. They are almost frustrating enough to be a deal breaker IMO.

Also:

Code: Select all

Warning: ExUnusedMarker1 and PainElemental both have doomednum 71.
Warning: ExUnusedMarker3 and Fatso both have doomednum 67.
Warning: ExUnusedMarker4 and BurningBarrel both have doomednum 70.
Warning: ExGrass2 and DeadLostSoul both have doomednum 23.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

The red spiders were easier to hit in the original dos version.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The original dos and console versions of the game didn't have mouselook but did have VERY generous auto aiming.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

It did have mouselook, but that may have only been in a certain version.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

xenoxols wrote:It did have mouselook, but that may have only been in a certain version.
I distinctly remember it not having mouselook and it annoyed be very much since the controls were crap.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Just trying the Shareware Demo, it seems to have mouse move but not mouse look - unless I messed up the configuration somehow.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”