Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: BDJ20 - melee/grenade hotkeys, combos, new fatalities IT

Post by Slax »

In my mind the fatalities just serve to slow down the action with screwy camera madness. They could overall do with some kind of streamlining. Been an issue with BD since forever, methinks.
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

Yeah I got a disturbing bug here. When I sometimes gib a zombie, it spawns an Invulnerable Zombie actor that chases you throughout the area. You can't kill it whatsoever.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

That's startling. How many times has that happened?
USSRBear

Post by USSRBear »

Hey Johnny, what all in slade did you do to fix the Invul. sphere? I've been messing around with your version...and being lazy, I don't really want to rework everything again on your latest build lol Would copying and pasting your new invul sphere code work or was it a deeper problem?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Deaths are very jacked up. I fatalitied a Demon, and it turned into an imp being punched in the face. The regular deaths alone need some fixing too.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Deaths are very jacked up. I fatalitied a Demon, and it turned into an imp being punched in the face. The regular deaths alone need some fixing too.
Yeah, I chaingun gibbed an Imp and he just dissapeared right before the end of the animation. I haven't been able to recreate it yet, was just playing E1M2 with Dark Doom + flashlight, the frag grenades submod, and the glock submod.
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

Devianteist wrote:That's startling. How many times has that happened?
I was playing through it on TNT Evilution, map 03, the zombie was labeled as "Headshotactor1" I tried everything, chainsaw to bfg, nothing works.

Thankfully that bugged zombie wasn't counted on the kill percentage. I thought it would end on that map but from map 05 to 08 it happens again. Sometimes he's a Zombieman then a Shotgun dude, then a Chaingunner. I can't kill him and he's intercepting me and damaging me whenever I was in its sights.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Hopefully good ol' Johnny can get to the bottom of these issues, but I have a feeling we're starting to see issues arising from the fact that he is using a test version of BDv20. Frightening issues indeed.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Quick game breaker bugfix - the heads weren't set to be immune to explosiveimpact damage so grenades instakilled everything. Fixed a few other things you guys mentioned too, I'll elaborate tomorrow afternoon. Watch this space
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Another prevalent bug:

When you shoot a zombie or an imp and they lose an arm or a leg, they will disappear as soon as they hit water/mud/lava/etc.

By the way, congratulations. I believe you've made a mod to Brewtal Deum that leaps and bounds better than the original.

My hat's off to you. :)
LostFury

Post by LostFury »

Absolutly loving what you've done with brtual doom! I've played most if not all the other brutal doom mods but I have to say that yours is defenitly the best of the bunch.

Some bugs that i've run into

Since your last update ive had a run in with 2 invincible zombies, at first i thought it might be something with the minigun but one appeared while i was using a shotgun so i'm not to sure what triggers it.

I had one instance where i hit a Hell Knight with a fatality but ended up doing your new Baron Of Hell fatality.

I think this ones pretty common but while using the chaingun zombies are still dissapearing which seems to happen more often when the enemy is killed over a liquid.

Keep it up, can't wait until your next update!
johnny

Post by johnny »

Slax - What exit message do you mean? Also I fixed the permanent invuln state thing, thanks for the heads up. When a fatality begins, I have it SetPlayerProperty(0,2,5)[invincible on] and when it gets to the end of the animation, it goes to SetPlayerProperty(0,0,5)[invincible off]. I had to copy and paste this over and over into each fatality and on the sarges I accidently pasted (0,2,5) into the beginning and end. That's what happens when you work on stuff at 3am. Dying chaingunner was just a matter of the wrong sprites being referenced--took care of that too. And the grenade sounds, haha I know man. I took them from a new vegas mod, they're supposed to be replacement sounds for the mini nuke explosion. NUKES. They're intense as fuck!

Ghost/Devianteist/Crudux - I have an idea in mind for berserk that I'm testing out right now, I'll make a video or something and see what you guys think.

Alteisen - That is really weird and I can't think of any possible reason that would happen. Hm. Were you using only BDJ and TNT and nothing else? I had some weirdness regarding zombies when playing PSXDOOM TNT but not the regular one. Next time it happens, will you save it and then post the save here so I can check it out? I poured over a lot of lines of code trying to find some sort of failure in the logic that would lead to that but I'm stumped.

USSRBear - It was more complicated than that but you won't have to redo all your work. Just take the Player.dec file from my new version and replace yours, and delete all references to SetPlayerProperty(0,2,5) and SetPlayerProperty(0,0,5) in each one of the weapons. No need to mess with the invuln sphere code at all. If I can make a recommendation for the future though, you should make a copy of each of the decorate files you want to edit and put them into a new pk3 and edit those. Then your changes will act like a plugin that you can overlay onto each new version without having to alter things over again every time.

Hellstorm Archon - Thanks man, that's awesome to hear! I'm glad people are enjoying this because I am absolutely enjoying making it. I make changes/patch holes in this mod every single day, usually multiple times. I'm gonna have a hard time ever considering this project "done."

Thanks for staying on top of the bug reporting fellas. I've fixed some sprite naming conventions that were wrong resulting in zombiemen appearing in the middle of other zombie's deaths. I'm looking into the disappearing problem now, and it seems a fair amount of them are a result of the sprites just being missing altogether. Mark hasn't finished making all the death sprites so they either have placeholders or aren't there yet. The demon fatality showing an imp animation and the unkillable zombie thing are doozies. Usually when someone mentions a bug I can figure out pretty much right away what's causing it and how to fix it... buuuuut this time that is not the case. I'll keep working on it though.
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

johnny wrote:
Alteisen - That is really weird and I can't think of any possible reason that would happen. Hm. Were you using only BDJ and TNT and nothing else? I had some weirdness regarding zombies when playing PSXDOOM TNT but not the regular one. Next time it happens, will you save it and then post the save here so I can check it out? I poured over a lot of lines of code trying to find some sort of failure in the logic that would lead to that but I'm stumped.
Prior to the recent update, yeah, just BDJ20.pk3 and TNT. I am now currently at map 13 and so far the minor bugs I can find was sometimes the gibs glitch through the walls then when you approach the glitched gib. But not game-breaking like before. So it's all good so far.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Unkillable zombie fix has been posted right? Ran into the same problem just now but I believe I downloaded before you posted the fix for that. Unkillable zombie bug happened before I got the chance to try out the revamped chainsaw. :?
RyokoTK

Post by RyokoTK »

Maps that have death exits (i.e. Scythe MAP10) will just end abruptly. Something just ends up killing the Romero Head within the first 10 or so seconds. I wonder if it's clipping into the barrels or whatever is next to it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”