Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dsdoom3 - 32 map Total Conversion almost done!

Post by armymen12002003 »

Devianteist wrote:March 8th has been marked in my notes.
I 2nd this.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Devianteist wrote:March 8th has been marked in my notes.
can't wait!
FreddBoy
Location: Wales. You know, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Post by FreddBoy »

ITS HAPPENING!.gif
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

2015?! That's a long time for a fini- oh wait that's in <2 months. Yay.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Spoiler:
Marking March 8th as well in my calendar. Been keeping an eye on this for a long time, finally nice to see this coming in the near future.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

will we be able to play this with Brutal Doom mods?
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I used to like brutal doom. untill people said our project must be Brutal doom compatable or its doomed to fail. boy will everyone will be in for quite the surprise when we release it. either way, I really hope its co-op compatable. I love playing a few maps with my friends on survival mode! :D
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

doomfiend wrote:I used to like brutal doom. untill people said our project must be Brutal doom compatable or its doomed to fail. boy will everyone will be in for quite the surprise when we release it. either way, I really hope its co-op compatable. I love playing a few maps with my friends on survival mode! :D
+1
DominicWhite

Post by DominicWhite »

doomfiend wrote:I used to like brutal doom. untill people said our project must be Brutal doom compatable or its doomed to fail.
Who the hell says that? That's ridiculous. Brutal Doom is a fine mod for use on vanilla map-sets, but of course anything more ambitious than that is going to be incompatible. That's just the nature of the beast.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

DominicWhite wrote:
doomfiend wrote:I used to like brutal doom. untill people said our project must be Brutal doom compatable or its doomed to fail.
Who the hell says that? That's ridiculous. Brutal Doom is a fine mod for use on vanilla map-sets, but of course anything more ambitious than that is going to be incompatible. That's just the nature of the beast.
Mods like Wildweasel's Nazi's for an example is one that someone will ask "is it brutal doom compatible?" - it's best not to ask this anymore. Learn Decorate or just play the mod as it's provided.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

The Doom 3 weapons/monsters are looking pretty nice, would you be willing to release a standalone of those at some point? Good Doom 3 packs are hard to come by these days.
Last edited by -Ghost- on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

DominicWhite wrote:
you'd be surprised on how many ignorant comments I get, its not just one person either. my map project will purposely be incompatible with Brutal doom anyway you slice it, and if you remove the script the maps will fail to work. either way this isn't about me or my project this is about sniper 109's (at least the op's original name in the land of Skulltag) Thanks again by the way for letting us know of an exact date. looking ever so eager for it
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Just had a thought;

Why is this called DSDoom3? Is it playable on the DS system or something along those lines?
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

His original idea was he wanted to make wads for the DSPort of Doom 1/2 he started off with sub par wads back in the day when he was still learning how to map. and I tried and poked and prodded him that Boom format was obsolete and he should stop limiting him self. little did I know, Not only is the boom format popular, but with such limitations you can be even more creative. sometimes maps will surpass maps that are abusing the modern features. as far as I know he still likes working on the same idea of ds wads, and hats off to him to sticking to his guns. I applaud it. even going as far as working around dehacked to make it work the way he wishes
DominicWhite

Post by DominicWhite »

doomfiend wrote: my map project will purposely be incompatible with Brutal doom anyway you slice it,
Purposely? As in, it could be compatible but you're deliberately breaking it so it isn't? If so, that's rather petty. I hope I'm reading that wrong - If it's inherently incompatible due to new enemies/scripting/weapons that BD would break, then fine, but blocking stuff just seems silly.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”