Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Maybe it's just the youtube compression doing it but If you post one of the glock frames I can point out some strange things I noticed about the sprites. As for the AR Muzzle flash, It could use a more symmetrical shape and some more colours (red orange etc) to make it match with the hip fire sprites.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I am not too sure about the auto shotgun, and it would be nice to have the bolt handle on the ADS, but other than that, it looks great!
johnny

Re: <!> Grenades & melee attacking in Brutal & Vanilla Doom

Post by johnny »

Shadez12 wrote:Johnny, ive edited the settings, and created a new zdoom.ini file, but the enemy health bars still arent appearing for me.
No clue what else to do man. Make sure you get the newest svn of gzdoom (2.1 I believe), but other than that I've got nothing.

Also, better muzzle flash? Matches the hipfire pretty well.

I use this sheet for all muzzle flashes. Can't go wrong.

Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

That muzzle flash looks good, johnny! Maybe add some highlights to the sights to finalise it a bit more?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Shadez12 wrote:Johnny, ive edited the settings, and created a new zdoom.ini file, but the enemy health bars still arent appearing for me.
Make sure you HUD zoom is correct with + and -. I noticed when I wasn't on the right level of zoom I had no health bars till I changed it.
johnny

Post by johnny »

-Ghost- wrote:
Make sure you HUD zoom is correct with + and -. I noticed when I wasn't on the right level of zoom I had no health bars till I changed it.
Hmmm yeah there might be some stretch/no stretch thing going on, I didn't think of that.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Finalized the ADS sprites based off of johnny's rework, and added the bolt in. its in my rifletweak zip file. check the front page and i edited out a little section for my mod stuff.
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

johnny wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:
Hmmm yeah there might be some stretch/no stretch thing going on, I didn't think of that.
I still got nothing. Could it have something to do with screen resolution?
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

This is the nicest BD variation I've encountered, I must admit. I like the concept of the backup pistol and the melee and grenade hotkeys. Also noticed that my Brutal Doom patch for Droplets is compatible with this, but pretty much any Brutal Doom modification that uses the standard BD gore actors will be compatible. Still nice to know, though.

I did make a little something to suit my personal taste in grenades, however: a frag grenade patch.
BDJ-fragnades.pk3
Actual fragmentation grenades
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
This changes the grenades from a high-explosive grenade that belches fire to a pineapple grenade that unleashes a devastating hail of metal fragments.

Also, that rifle ADS sprite in the works looks nice. :) Would rather have something like that to match the rifle's normal ready sprites.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Crudux Cruo's ADS sprites have been added to the main package. Great work buddy. They look much better than what I had. Also a few other updates!

SidDoyle - Those nades are awesome! I like the new effects. Definitely a good modifier, I'm checking out your code right now to see how it works.

Shadez12 - Try my ini file and see if that fixes it:
Spoiler:
Also, dumb question, but you aren't running any other status bar mods or anything right? Just BDJ and nothing else?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

thats exactly how i wanted the grenade to act this whole time! :D
johnny

Post by johnny »

Shadez12 - Here's someone having your same problem with JPHUD, which my hud is based on http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 4&start=30
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

johnny wrote:Crudux Cruo's ADS sprites have been added to the main package. Great work buddy. They look much better than what I had. Also a few other updates!

SidDoyle - Those nades are awesome! I like the new effects. Definitely a good modifier, I'm checking out your code right now to see how it works.

Shadez12 - Try my ini file and see if that fixes it:
Spoiler:
Also, dumb question, but you aren't running any other status bar mods or anything right? Just BDJ and nothing else?
I am using the Crosshairs wad with this mod. (although tested the mod with out crosshairs.wad and it bears the same results)
Also, I see that your .ini file is using GZDoom 2.x version. My computer cannot run it it due to it not supporting OpenGl 3.0+, and thus i am forced
to use pre-GZDoom 2.x.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Shadez12 wrote:I am using the Crosshairs wad with this mod. (although tested the mod with out crosshairs.wad and it bears the same results)
Also, I see that your .ini file is using GZDoom 2.x version. My computer cannot run it it due to it not supporting OpenGl 3.0+, and thus i am forced
to use pre-GZDoom 2.x.
Which version specifically? I just tested it with this build and it showed up just fine.
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

Im using GZDoom 1.8.2

Return to “Gameplay Mods”