[Project] Quake II Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
22alpha22
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Project] Quake II Resources

Post by 22alpha22 »

Version 0.21 is now released. The main feature of this release is the power armor, including both the power screen and power shield. I've also fixed armor damage factors and simplified the weapon inventory code. Implementing the power armor required some decorate magic with ACS support, so there may be bugs, I didn't find any but please let me know if you do. Next on my to do list is adding all keys and puzzle items which should just about be all the pickups available, then I can start on things like the HUD, menu, textures, and so on. :)
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Amazing, updated my non-resource, replacing version with the new changes.
However, i still think that the Shotgun's firing times are a bit too slow, i remember it shooting faster on Q2.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looking really good. I was worried when you disappeared for a bit that this was going to stop. Great to see you working on it and great to see an update.
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

Version 0.25 has been released. This release brings Quake II's original font as well as adding the objective and inventory popup screens. You will need to bind a key to use the popup screens.
Matsilagi wrote:I still think that the Shotgun's firing times are a bit too slow, i remember it shooting faster on Q2.
You could be right. When I get around to polishing the weapon behavior, I'll have a look at the shotgun's rate of fire.
Enjay wrote:Looking really good. I was worried when you disappeared for a bit that this was going to stop. Great to see you working on it and great to see an update.
I didn't have any free time for working on this the last 3 or so months, however, I've got quite a bit of time now so I'm gonna be spending a lot of time on this and a couple of other projects.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Thank you very much for this.

The models are even better looking than the ones I have in Yamagi Quake II with HD pack :)
ReX

Post by ReX »

Was doing a search on silenced weapons, and discovered this thread. I looked over the code, and I do have some general questions that I'll ask in a separate post. Meanwhile, I am unable to run the pk3 file, as GZDooM gives me the following error:

Script error, "QuakeII-v0_26.pk3:animdefs" line 27:
Unknown texture HUD_Help_Icon

Line 27 of the ANIMDEFS lump points to the icon. When I look in the TEXTURES lump I find that lines 328-330 do indeed define that texture, using the HHELA0 patch. HHELA0 is found in sprites/hud

So it beats me why I cant run the game. I'm using GZDooM v1.8.4
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

ReX wrote:I'm using GZDooM v1.8.4
I don't know if it will help but GZDoom is up to 2.0.05 (or 1.8.10 if 2.0.05 is not suitable for you).

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6482
ReX

Post by ReX »

I know there have been issues with the newer GZDooM releases, which is why I have resisted upgrading.

Moreover, the text file of this mod states it requires v1.8.2 or above, so I figured that wasn't the issue. Plus, the error message seems to be indicating a missing resource (which is not really missing), and I didn't guess that the GZDooM version would be the cause.

Still, I'll upgrade to v1.8.10 and give it a shot.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm not aware of any significant problems with the current release.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Enjay wrote:I'm not aware of any significant problems with the current release.
Do you mean v2.0.05? If so, I'll give it a shot.

Incidentally, I upgraded to v1.8.10 and the game ran fine. Go figure. [Thanks for the suggestion, btw.]
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I do mean 2.0.05. 1.8.10 only exists because the 2.0.X builds require OpenGL 3.0 but 1.8.X does not. So, the 1.8.X builds are for people with older/incompatible hardware.

The 1.8.X ones are now no longer under development. They were brought up to the ZDoom code that was current at the time and that's where they are likely to stay.

It's mentioned here:
http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6397

According to that, 1.8.7 was meant to be the last one. However, a bug meant that 1.8.10 was needed.
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't released any new versions recently because I've haven't been home or had access to my computer due to being on Holiday with family. Work should resume mid January so rest assured the project isn't dead.
ReX wrote:So it beats me why I cant run the game. I'm using GZDooM v1.8.4
I've started using features that are only available in development builds and forgot to update the engine version requirements. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
ReX

Post by ReX »

22alpha22 wrote:I've started using features that are only available in development builds and forgot to update the engine version requirements. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
No worries. Upgrading to v1.8.10 did the trick. Next, I'll upgrade to v2.0.05, and I'm sure it will work just fine under that version as well.

Very nice mod, by the way.
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

After just over a month since the last release, version 0.27 is now available. I had a long winter holiday and was away so I couldn't work much on this but now I'm back in full swing and there should more frequent releases now.
Version 0.27 adds ambient and event sounds, as well as ricochet sounds for hitscan weapons.
Next I'm going to be working on adding the skyboxes and textures.
Spoiler:
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Hi,

Is there a mirror for this file? I would rather not sign up for dropbox :p

Return to “Resources”