Jimmy's Jukebox is a pretty good mod with lots of music.
Unfortunately, I found it bugging out when playing certain gameplay mods like Demonsteele, and its ACS is so hilariously complex that I couldn't possibly fix it myself.
Demonsteele came with a music randomiser, and Term let me use the code to make my own variant.
So, I bashed Term's code together with a selection of Jimmy's library, and added a few things that I felt were missing.
The end result is a mod that has
VERSION 2: SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN A FLOPPY DISK NOW
Hope this helps someone avoid D_RUNNIN for a while.Changelog wrote:March 2019
- No longer takes effect on TITLEMAPs.
- Added an optional PK3 that replaces IWAD music lumps for Doom 1 and 2 with empty txt files. This fixes the issue where you'd hear a fraction of the IWAD music before the script kicked in, but also breaks the ability to switch back to the original MIDI music. YMMV, of course.
- On ZScript-enabled ports, Intermission music is randomized!
- Changed the font for the track display to show lower-case lettering etc.
- Fixed a missing music file in the Strife collection
- Added an unreleased track to the Duke Nukem 3D collection
- Updated the FreeDoom music to the current Git repo. Apologies for any miscrediting, the way FreeDoom credits people makes track-by-track credits difficult.
- Fixed various track listing inaccuracies
- Various tweaks and such under the hood
- Blood Alpha
- Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
- Descent 2