Star Trek TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VGA

Re: Star Trek TC

Post by VGA »

Nice. Maybe when some weapons are ready you can release an "away team" player class mod? Samsara-style? Monroe from ST:EF? Because it's best to nail the gameplay before spending months on a level set...

B-)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

ImageImageImage
(Click for full-sized screenshots)

Experimenting with some alien planet surface and interior designs... I'm trying to capture the feel of a couple of classic episodes.

Once I get some more weapons in place, I'll probably release at least a portion of this map as a DM arena.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Impressive :D

Keep up the good work :)
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

Nash wrote:Beautiful screens! I love it!
:D
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Development is slow here because of real life, but here are a few more new shots...

ImageImage
ImageImage

Changes made most recently:
  • Re-modeled all of the weapons:
    - Phaser Type I
    - Phaser Type II
    - Phaser Rifle
    - Klingon Disruptor
    - Photon Grenade Launcher
  • Re-coded weapons to be offset in run/walk view, but move to center for firing
  • Modeled and coded weapon recharge stations for phaser rifle and disruptor
  • Modified/coded a "force field" shader effect
  • Tricorder overlay now also can display navigation or goal waypoint indicators
  • Added my own implementation of strafe-tilting
  • Added a preliminary 'lean' function. Not perfect right now because sometimes the 'leaned' camera spawns inside walls. Also, palette changes (e.g., PowerLightAmp) don't apply to cameras.
  • Began initial mapping of Klingon D7 Cruiser
VGA

Post by VGA »

Wow ! Omg make a weapons mod, I want to use star trek weapons on doom monsters!
chelonian

Post by chelonian »

Will we be able to modulate phaser power settings?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I'm experimenting with it. Right now, the Type II is 'standard' for primary fire, and 'disintegrate' for alt fire (if the enemy's health is below a certain amount). The Type I is weaker 'standard' for primary and 'stun' for alt fire (again, if the enemy's health is below a certain amount).

I may simply create duplicate weapons with different strengths and make them sister weapons... Then put a power display on the hud, and let the player toggle by selecting the alternate weapons...

Or I can add another keybind to set a power level, and use that to set the power. I haven't decided the best way to handle this yet.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Are you going to include any weapons from the Star Trek FPSes like Away Team?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Really nice stuff here! Some ages ago I post my 1st wad inside doomworld forums: Klingon Honor Guard textures + a crappy map inside... BTW if you need 'em feel free to download them from here. Now it's time to recharge my phaser...
cem26

Post by cem26 »

See later captain!

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Beautiful :) Totally catches the 60s :)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

New shots of the shuttlebay and maintenance area and a computer lab... And yes, the lift and shuttlebay doors all work in-game!

ImageImage
ImageImage

I'm planning to re-skin the shuttle and some of the consoles... In both cases, the original model was mine, but the original skin was someone else's work.

Most of my work recently has been in the player/actor models... I've re-skinned the male Stafleet model and the Klingon from scratch, and have been working on animations. Right now I'm limited to a small set, and am working to add/import new animations. I've had some luck with importing animations from Elite Force, but if I go that route, I'll need to re-rig my models onto a new skeleton. In game right now, I have the model using different animations for walking, turning, walking backward, climbing, crouching, and jumping, on top of the standard states...

I'd like to get some input as to what plot points people would like to see in this mod... I have a vague idea of where I'd like to go, but am primarily working on getting gameplay mechanics ironed out, with detours into building the "sets" in map format.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

:shock:
VGA

Post by VGA »

I have never seen so many 3d objects in a map!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”