[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/ - 0.73 W

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that's more plausible. a fountain of gore when one is killed would be a great indicator of when you've killed someone.

anyway, some things i've been meaning to say about the mod:

if you only wield the Kharon, the sound that plays when the sword gets sheathed is kind of grating on the ears. perhaps make it not so, err... treble-ish? maybe?

also, again if you only wield Kharon, if you attack more than once with its alt-fire, it'll inexplicably play the sheathting sound for the sword, but not if you've only attacked once with the Kharon's alt-fire. this feels weird, since the sword's never gotten unsheathed once. then again, maybe it'll create complications with the primary fire if you try to fix it?

the Arch-Vile and PE-replacements attacks are extremely annoying, mostly because even if you kill the source of all the stuff, all the flames created by Archie and souls by the replacement enemy (Darkened One?) will still be there. why would the flames persist when the one who's summoned them die? likewise with the souls. i propose, if you don't want to remove ALL the flames and souls created, that maybe just a set amount of them will live? say, 3-4 flames, 7-8 souls? otherwise it can make certain maps super-unfunny if you let either of those enemies live long enough...
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

mumblemumble wrote:Not sure if it has been said before, but the archives revive the barrel "husks" left over after the explosion into normal barrels, which then cannot be blown up. may want to fix that.
That is definitely a bug, thank you!
mumblemumble wrote:By the way, not that I complain but did anyone notice the grenade launcher makes enemy projectiles "bounce" a bit? I actually find it useful since it can be used to survive pretty nasty bullet hells, but I'm unsure if this was intentional. If you dont know what I mean, fire a grenade right under an enemies shot, the shot will end up flying up and over you. very useful for hammering those living flame guys.
twinkieman93 wrote:It wasn't intentional and was at first removed, but like you a lot of people thought it was awesome and so it was restored. :D
Yup! Originally, enemy projectiles were able to be shot down by guns as well--but this proved to be ridiculous for the Sabbath/Testament/Exodus, so they were given protection against those damage types, which made the Exodus bounce away enemy shots. I had "fixed" this, but...well, yeah, it's surprisingly useful. It's great to have a sort of protection to blow away enemy attacks just in case things go south very quickly.
Sometimes it's the accidents which make for good features. :D
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i think the player's smaller scale breaks some Boom maps containing voodoo dolls. one of Deus Vult II's maps gives you a shitton of full recharges and hot peppers, basically giving you the ability to turn into the Iron Maiden for the entire damn level.
This isn't actually the player's smaller scale, but rather her reduced damagefactor--because she takes less damage, she gets thrust much less from explosions pushing them around, and thus the voodoo dolls don't fall into traps. Until Buddha mode is implemented in Zandronum, not a whole lot I can do to fix that, sorry.
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:speaking of the Iron Maiden, maybe the suit's armor should get stronger the more power you have? like at Slayer, it'd take quite a bit of firepower to make you take damage, but if you don't have any, it'll take considerably less hits to make you take damage. also, i'm pretty sure that the Iron Maiden is not immune to environmental damage, because also in DVII , the toxic floor hurt me. as in, drained my shields until i lost a life token.
I like this idea, but I'm worried that it'll cause way too much of a slippery slope effect...but hell with it! I'll experiment with it anyway and toss it in the next build. It should be interesting to see. :D
And I'll fix that, thank you.
edit: also related to becoming the Iron Maiden (just now noticed that the ARMOR is called the Iron Savior, YOU are the Iron Maiden), i feel that i'm taking more damage in the middle of a firefight using the armor when my shields are running low than if i were not wearing it at all. like the invincibility period is smaller thanks to the Savior's armor gauge. am i just imagining things here or not?
I believe you're imagining things--the invincibility period remains the same no matter what.
TheBadHustlex wrote:Could you maybe implent death-animations for Cyberdemons? I found myself killing them with the sword very often.
I'm interested in a custom Cyberdemon enemy type, like how the Emperor replaces the Spider Mastermind, but I'll see if I can dig up anything until then. There's not really a whole lot of custom death sprites for the Cyberdemon...but if all else fails I could probably just MSPaint off various limbs, haha.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if you only wield the Kharon, the sound that plays when the sword gets sheathed is kind of grating on the ears. perhaps make it not so, err... treble-ish? maybe?
Really? That's weird. I'll compress the sound and reduce the peak a little bit.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:also, again if you only wield Kharon, if you attack more than once with its alt-fire, it'll inexplicably play the sheathting sound for the sword, but not if you've only attacked once with the Kharon's alt-fire. this feels weird, since the sword's never gotten unsheathed once. then again, maybe it'll create complications with the primary fire if you try to fix it?
With the first attack, you attack with the Kharon still in the sheathe, which is why she's still holding it close to her body. With all subsequent attacks, the Kharon is in fact unsheathed, which is why the swings are more dramatic.
I suppose I should probably have a sound effect of some kind to demonstrate it...
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Arch-Vile and PE-replacements attacks are extremely annoying, mostly because even if you kill the source of all the stuff, all the flames created by Archie and souls by the replacement enemy (Darkened One?) will still be there. why would the flames persist when the one who's summoned them die? likewise with the souls. i propose, if you don't want to remove ALL the flames and souls created, that maybe just a set amount of them will live? say, 3-4 flames, 7-8 souls? otherwise it can make certain maps super-unfunny if you let either of those enemies live long enough...
The Archvile's behavior is actually currently bugged. It's already fixed come next build, but when the Archvile dies all of the flames are supposed to die as well--because the Archvile never had any persistent attacks in vanilla, I wanted to keep with this.
The Blackened, however, emulates the Pain Elemental's behavior--even when it dies, the souls don't die as well. It and the souls have much less HP than their vanilla counterparts and the souls are much less aggressive, so that acts as a nice weakness to counteract their sheer numbers.

As usual, thanks for playing and thanks for your feedback.
Viscra Maelstrom

it must be me, then, but i always get ticked off whenever The Blackened appears.i have a hard time hitting the damn thing since it keeps moving and teleporting around the place. i suppose that's just me having a problem to deal with the enemy, since it's not actually very strong. i just get nervous whenever it shoots shit all over the place. good thing the Archie thing is getting fixed, though.

edit: oooh, i almost forgot, the custom title-screen, intermission, and text-screen music doesn't play in the original Doom, as well as the intermission screen not being replaced.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

At first I thought Jung Hae-Lin was the angel in the middle of the first-page pic between the Doomguy and the metal dude. Then I checked your tumblr and was proved wrong. She looks kinda tsundere, but who says she can't be a waifu.

BTW, I'm launching a ship between Hae-Lin and my OC MegaJim, to test the waters before I use it in fangames, fanfics and stuff, maybe even a crossover. I'm calling it 'Hae-Jim'. :wub:
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

How, do I use Iron Maiden?
Viscra Maelstrom

it says how you use it when you pick it up. hold down the fire button, then press use. same thing if you want to get out of the mode. unless you're wondering when you CAN activate it, in which case you need to have at least a full bar of soul energy (so that you have a bit of yellow) for it to activate.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

MJ79 wrote:BTW, I'm launching a ship between Hae-Lin and my OC MegaJim, to test the waters before I use it in fangames, fanfics and stuff, maybe even a crossover. I'm calling it 'Hae-Jim'. :wub:
hell, shipping her with other oc? Who doesn't? Lord blazkowicz already shipped her anyway! :D
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

My previous ship with Viscra almost got me banned, but hey, can't a guy like me have some fun?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i'm saying it's possible to do completely, actually. i'd love to draw her, but my hands won't follow recently.
Viscra Maelstrom

you can have fun without inserting your own character with other peoples characters without their consent, though. why don't you make some news characters yourself to write stories with your own?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Captain J wrote:
MJ79 wrote:BTW, I'm launching a ship between Hae-Lin and my OC MegaJim, to test the waters before I use it in fangames, fanfics and stuff, maybe even a crossover. I'm calling it 'Hae-Jim'. :wub:
hell, shipping her with other oc? Who doesn't? Lord blazkowicz already shipped her anyway! :D
Actually. Lord Blaz and Hae-Lin are friends. It's a completely platonic thing. Hae-Lin jokingly refers to Blaz as "Uncle Blaz" and everything.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:you can have fun without inserting your own character with other peoples characters without their consent, though. why don't you make some news characters yourself to write stories with your own?
of course i do have a good ideas all about my fictions characters and stuff, a lot. but the school keep blocking me to do that, though.

anyway okay okay. i really had no offensive thoughts to assault the people with ocs here. i just really felt interested that people with oc does cares and want to ship with hae-lin; a korean character, since i'm korean too. if i was gone too far for this, i apologize. no hard feelings.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Hey, it's cool. Shipping isn't always meant to be taken seriously, I mean just look at the Internet.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

All I'm gonna say is, if you ship any of my characters, there's gonna be hell to pay. Not everybody appreciates their characters being used like that, and I'm certainly no exception.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Accidentally made an anime sound. Maybe Demonsteele can adopt it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/251 ... baduba.ogg

Return to “Gameplay Mods”