Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Steve1664

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Steve1664 »

NeuralStunner wrote:
Steve1664 wrote:I'm getting a fatal error when trying to run this: Script error, "samsara-v0.3zd.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 60: cvar 'samsara_cl_weaponhud' already exists. I don't recall having this issue before.
Hmm, I think this might be related to a ZDoom bug. Is your engine up to date?
Using GZDoom, and I believe I have the latest build. I'll double check.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Please head into your zdoom .ini and delete any existing samsara_ entries there are, and then reload.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Sorry, where can I find that? In the main GZDoom file?
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Zdoom-(Usernamegoeshere).ini is in your GZDoom directory.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Doesn't seem to work; I deleted any Samsara-related lines and it still won't work.

EDIT: Got it working again after deleting the GZDoom folder and reinstalling it.
milosvuk

Post by milosvuk »

I'm not sure if someone had asked this question before, but is there a way to receive the weapons related to the character being used when using the "give weapons" console cheat ? Since it mainly results in giving me all the weapons from each character.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Why don't you do it the IDFA way?
President People

Post by President People »

IDFA and give weapons gives you the other classes' instagib weapons as well.

This is what I use if I don't want those:

Code: Select all

alias summonweapons "summon berserk; summon chainsaw; summon shotgun; summon supershotgun; summon chaingun; summon plasmarifle; summon bfg9000"
From there, you can bind the alias to a key ("bind x summonweapons"), or "summonweapons" in console directly. If you want the instagib weapon specific to your class, you'll have to summon it by name (by alias or otherwise), or start an instagib match (not sure if ZDoom even has that).
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

When I IDFA in Samsara I get only the relevant class weapons here. Might be from using the " :roll: SUPER PATHETIC OUTDATED :roll:" Zandronum
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Likely it's due to the lack of [wiki=Actor_properties#Inventory.RestrictedTo]this property[/wiki] in Zandronum.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Hello, newbie to the community here, just stopping by to say that this mod is absolutely mind-boggling (in a good way). I haven't found very many quality mods anywhere, having only recently detached from the Brutal DOOM community (on ModDB) to pursue things a lot more..... Sensible, I guess one would say? Either way, the senselessness of BD got drab pretty fast, so here I am. (Pointers to good mods would be nice, especially HeXen ones. Love me some HeXen.)

Anyway, I have a simple question, just to figure if this is a bug or not;
Has anyone else here had problems with characters not changing to a selected color/custom color except in-game (with minor graphical glitches)? I'm assuming I might not have the proper [brightmaps? what are they?] that adjust the lighting of things under various light sources.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Rambling in this here spoiler.
Spoiler:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I haven't played this yet, but it looks FREAKING AMAZING!

Do you think you would be able to do some kind of crossover mod between Brutal Doom, Project MSX, Guncaster, and Demon Eclipse*, similar to what you did here with Samsara? Or, if you were to go in an overkill direction, Brutal Doom: Derp Edition, Project MSX, Guncaster, and Russian Overkill?

*My idea for the Demon Eclipse player character is an Archvile who uses the hellish weapons from the Demon Eclipse mod while also utilizing his standard fire attack and healing powers...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

TerminusEst13 wrote:This is a multiplayer project inspired by crossover fighting games, designed to bring these games that people love so much and give them a second life on the multiplayer front, taking the heroes and the weapons and pitting them all aside (and sometimes against) each other. When you play Samsara, you pick a hero from a classic FPS game, spawn in the battlefield with abilities and weapons from their original game, and then proceed to lay waste among all those that stand in your way in whatever iwad or levelset of your choice.
i think heroes from the mod but a real game won't gonna work. also brutal doomguy is same as vanilla doomguy but twisted personality and can talk, too.

also playable archvile that uses a gun? sounds pretty like naraka just got mixed together with samsara.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Isn't Samsara kinda dead anyway? Term moved on to like a half-dozen newer projects since.

It's probably for the best when you look at the last Samsara update.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

I recently downloaded this mod and I'm quite surprised! It's really addicting!

Though when I opened the archive to see how the code works... It was a complete mess. I even wonder how you happen to work with this code, it is way too confusing and I didn't understand any of it (I wanted to know how the Duke taunts work).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”